SILLY SEASON 2018

I wasn't sure whether or not he was still sort of "on loan" to them.

He'll probably look relatively good in Hendrick stuff and impress people and then get signed by a big team while RFR continue to flounder around the high teens/low 20s range.

I'll tell you what, JTG has a lot of potential with AJ and Chris.

Give RFR credit, they made it to the chase (playoffs) with Stenhouse and Bayne was not far from making it either, but they still are lacking the consistent cars on a daily basis. They made steps in the right direction and JTG floundered a bit with having new teams. I hope HMS puts their best foot forward with the support because with Buescher behind the wheel, I think he could possibly win on the short track for JTG. I love AJ as well and I think he could win an odd race. Also, two of the smarter drivers in the garage area with their data input? This could be a win-win for HMS data sharing as a whole.

The idea of a "super team" (not the Knicks) is also really compelling and something I've thought would be cool for a long time but I'm not sure how feasible it really is.

It does sound like a lot of fun but with different driver personalities and styles the crew and car chief would have to be the real superstars as it is hard enough to get a car right for 1 driver for 36 races, IMO.

I'll tell you what, JTG has a lot of potential with AJ and Chris.

Give RFR credit, they made it to the chase (playoffs) with Stenhouse and Bayne was not far from making it either, but they still are lacking the consistent cars on a daily basis. They made steps in the right direction and JTG floundered a bit with having new teams. I hope HMS puts their best foot forward with the support because with Buescher behind the wheel, I think he could possibly win on the short track for JTG. I love AJ as well and I think he could win an odd race. Also, two of the smarter drivers in the garage area with their data input? This could be a win-win for HMS data sharing as a whole.
Yeah I think they still have a lot of progress to make. A win is a win but I don't think they'll really be back until they win a few at somewhere other than a plate track. Realistically they weren't as good as some of the guys who didn't make the playoffs but the wins are what got them in there.

I'm excited about JTG though.

I can confirm that Kurt has a SHR contract in front of him. And I believe it's the 2nd one he's been offered from them. It's definitely a haircut, but I don't know that there's a better option for him.

Pay cut is a hell of a lot better than being stuck in a subpar ride like he was in the 51. Looking forward to Kurt having a few more years at SHR.

Pay cut is a hell of a lot better than being stuck in a subpar ride like he was in the 51. Looking forward to Kurt having a few more years at SHR.

You make a good point here he certainly couldnt have been making a hellava paycheck the years he was with a smaller teams even Furniture Row at the time

I think he's going to go to Penske full time in the 12 Xfinity car sponsored by cooper-standard and draw Tite

Apparently Brandon Jones will be full-time next year in a Joe Gibbs Xfinity car, alongside Christopher Bell. The third Gibber in Xfinity will be an All Star Car, with Ryan Preece getting a few shots along the way.

not much of a swap IMO. Neither one came close to winning a race in the trucks. Xfinity is a much tougher series. Glad RCR is rid of Jones.

Sounds like 12 is going to be the cupper car with Cindric in the Fitzgerald 22. Now that DT is in cup they can put a young driver in the 22

Oh this could happen to did they say discount is going to be on one of the other yet? I know they're scaling back but it's still going to be on an Xfinity car to some capacity I would imagine they probably are just spending the same money

Wtf kind of **** is this with Jones?

If anything Kyle Benjamin should get the nod or Preece. Good lord, this ride buying like a mofo. Is Grala going to make that next step for the Xfinity RCR squad?

Oh this could happen to did they say discount is going to be on one of the other yet? I know they're scaling back but it's still going to be on an Xfinity car to some capacity I would imagine they probably are just spending the same money
Idk if DT is just strictly cup now or if they will be still in XNS

Preece to run 10+ Xfinity races next year! Yes yes yes!!!!

http://racedayct.com/2017/11/ryan-p...r-xfinity-series-team-in-2018/#comment-127641

Preece will share the ride with Monster Energy Cup Series drivers Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin, Erik Jones and Daniel Suarez.

Preece will make at least 10 starts with the team in 2018. Preece has started three events for the organization’s XFINITY Series team in 2017. He recorded his first career XFINITY Series win for the team on July 29 at Iowa Speedway. He will make his final start of the season for the team in Satuday’s XFINITY Series season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

“Obviously I couldn’t be more excited about the opportunities that I have already had with JGR this season and now to be able to increase the number of races next season is a great step in my career,” Preece said. “I’m looking forward to going out there and make the most out of the opportunity.”

I cannot wait for 2018!!! Like I've said time and time again this kid is the real deal. With JGR equipment there's no reason he couldn't get 5+ wins next season. This kid has such a cult following in the Northeast he's gonna do great things for this sport if he can get himself established.

Guess I will be going to an Xfinity race next year.... hopefully they run him at NHMS. If not Pocono and Dover are drivable for me.

Very few fans these days can say, "yeah I saw driver x drive at track x for x# of years and now he's finally competing with the big boys". I am blessed to be able to say, "yeah I saw Ryan Preece drive at Stafford, Waterford, Thompson, and Monadnock for close to a decade and now he's finally competing with the big boys". It's the real way racers progress in their careers. Preece shouldn't be able to be doing this...building a career as a first-generation driver with not much money but pure talent.

He's the last American racer.

Ryan Preece is not "The Last American Racer" but it is great news that he'll have an expanded role at Gibbs next year. I'd be especially happy about it if Gibbs isn't requiring him to bring cash for the ride like this year, but that detail hasn't emerged yet AFAIK.

In 2017, Preece had several small New England companies who offered backing for his Gibbs races. Two races were arranged, he scored a second and a win. The backers stepped up to rent the seat for a third race, a fourth place finish at Kentucky. I'd love to hear that the Homestead finale did not require additional payments to Gibbs, but I don't know the deal there or the deal for next year.

I mean, it is great that several companies have been willing to support Ryan Preece's Xfinity adventure beyond the modified scene in New England. But that has happened before and will happen again. Congrats to Ryan.

Back
Top Bottom