SILLY SEASON 2018

yeah he was on a hell of a roll until he got to that part. :D North East's gift to racing since sliced bread.

Yeah great post and then he threw that curveball in there.

I stand my ground.

He turns wrenches. First generation driver. Not paid with daddy's money. "Paid his dues" in poor equipment. Short track driver. Was unknown until he performed.
Can you say that about Chase Elliot? No. Blaney? No. Byron? No. Bubba? No. Dillon boys? No. Custer?

Challenge me though. I'm open to learning something. I honestly can't think of a driver that's taken a similar path this far up the ladder of the sport in the past few years or so.

And for the record Joey Logano raced a season in the K&N East tour and that's all he's done up here.

Chris Gayle to crew chief No. 20 JGR team of Erik Jones in 2018

2017-Nov15-ChrisGayle-main-625x340.jpg

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/11/15/chris-gayle-crew-chief-no-20-jgr-team-erik-jones-2018/

Happy to see Jones and Gayle teaming up again. Some continuity will be good for Erik. In addition to getting a top tier pit crew will really help next year. His put crew this year has been horrible all year.

I stand my ground.

He turns wrenches. First generation driver. Not paid with daddy's money. "Paid his dues" in poor equipment. Short track driver. Was unknown until he performed.
Can you say that about Chase Elliot? No. Blaney? No. Byron? No. Bubba? No. Dillon boys? No. Custer?

Challenge me though. I'm open to learning something.

And for the record Joey Logano raced a season in the K&N East tour and that's all he's done up here.

I mean, it's not like there can't be another though.

Preece to run 10+ Xfinity races next year! Yes yes yes!!!!

http://racedayct.com/2017/11/ryan-p...r-xfinity-series-team-in-2018/#comment-127641

I cannot wait for 2018!!! Like I've said time and time again this kid is the real deal. With JGR equipment there's no reason he couldn't get 5+ wins next season. This kid has such a cult following in the Northeast he's gonna do great things for this sport if he can get himself established.

Guess I will be going to an Xfinity race next year.... hopefully they run him at NHMS. If not Pocono and Dover are drivable for me.

Very few fans these days can say, "yeah I saw driver x drive at track x for x# of years and now he's finally competing with the big boys". I am blessed to be able to say, "yeah I saw Ryan Preece drive at Stafford, Waterford, Thompson, and Monadnock for close to a decade and now he's finally competing with the big boys". It's the real way racers progress in their careers. Preece shouldn't be able to be doing this...building a career as a first-generation driver with not much money but pure talent.

He's the last American racer.
Awesome post. I'm fully on the Preece bandwagon. Very likable driver, doing it the old school way. Very happy this is for at least 10 races as I was thinking he'd probably only get 3-4.

Awesome post. I'm fully on the Preece bandwagon. Very likable driver, doing it the old school way. Very happy this is for at least 10 races as I was thinking he'd probably only get 3-4.

Probably be the 10 playoff races, Dash for Cash races, and the some of the standalone races. I'm thinking at least 15 races maybe a bit more.

What was I saying a few days ago? :)

Seeing the news about Ryan Preece getting to compete with a more lucrative team for an even bigger amount of races is delightful.

I find the fact that JGR decided to poach Brandon Jones out of the RCR stable a little awkward. There are other Xfinity and Truck Series drivers that would do more with his position. I can not see him doing any better than Matt Tifft, and vice versa.

Seeing the news about Ryan Preece getting to compete with a more lucrative team for an even bigger amount of races is delightful.

I find the fact that JGR decided to poach Brandon Jones out of the RCR stable a little awkward. There are other Xfinity and Truck Series drivers that would do more with his position. I can not see him doing any better than Matt Tifft, and vice versa.

Watch the money, that is the big decision maker.

Theres no more big rookie seats available in cup. That might change the tone of top team priorities in xfinity.

I see Jones doing worse than Tifft, Tifft brought in much funding and Jones was the next best payday.

I just don't have that much faith in Jones, maybe he is better than we see? I hope he is...

Being reported that Danica will run the Daytona 500 and the Indy 500, then call it a career. No info on what car she will run in either race/series.

Being reported that Danica will run the Daytona 500 and the Indy 500, then call it a career. No info on what car she will run in either race/series.

That is big news. Sounds like she has a budgetary offer, but not seats yet. At Indy, Penske would not be an option IMO, and I think Andretti is already at five cars. I'd hope Ganassi would avoid the hype, but who knows?? Plenty of other teams would have a seat to rent.

We should have a pool with wagers on the Daytona and Indy car entrants..:oops:

I see Jones doing worse than Tifft, Tifft brought in much funding and Jones was the next best payday.

I just don't have that much faith in Jones, maybe he is better than we see? I hope he is...
I thought JGR doesn't need pay drivers, but they probably take everything they can get as long as Burton, Gilliland and Gragson are too young for Xfinity.

IDK they are a back marker team. He replaces Cory Lajoie. Kaz is switching too from a Chevy

I like the move, JGL does well without sponsors. The Lajoie/Lagasse/Burton trio are all talented drivers, but this leaves spots for Ford Development drivers and its much needed.

This could lead to a couple of more Fords towards the front. Grala is still raw, but I like the move to bring him to Xfinity. I hope this leaves something open for Briscoe as well.

I shudder to think what the ratings are going to be like next year.

FOX was off 9% this year and I know NBC will be off as well. I keep expecting the ratings to level out but I have had several birthdays waiting for it to happen.

I like the move, JGL does well without sponsors. The Lajoie/Lagasse/Burton trio are all talented drivers, but this leaves spots for Ford Development drivers and its much needed.

This could lead to a couple of more Fords towards the front. Grala is still raw, but I like the move to bring him to Xfinity. I hope this leaves something open for Briscoe as well.
They are going to have a whatever you call it alliance? with Roush. Sorry, I want to be optimistic but I can't

That's so much B.S. just because I didn't have enough Cendric love ..and now I am high on Reddick running for Jr next year..and what did you do? nah he ain't no good. :D

Reddick is going to be fun to watch. He's a balls to the wall type of racer.

I think he has matured a bit from since he drove a Kez truck. Was lucky to get a part time ride with Ganassi this year. He did a lot with the opportunity IMO. a win and 4 top 5's, 6 top 10;s and 2 poles out of 18 starts

I wonder who will be in the 62?
Brendan Gaughan Done Racing NASCAR Full-Time
https://www.frontstretch.com/2017/11/18/brendan-gaughan-done-racing-nascar-full-time/

No one according to this
"Hemric will continue to pilot the #21 car in 2018. Tifft takes over the #2 machine, which has primarily been run by Austin Dillon, Paul Menard, and Ben Kennedy this season. The #3 car will also be run in 2018 by a variety of drivers. That eliminates the #33 and #62 teams, which were driven by Brandon Jones and Brendan Gaughan in 2017."

RCR is cutting back to three X Series car for 2018, that is why Gaughan is done with full time racing
http://www.espn.com/jayski/nxs/2017...-racing-cutting-back-three-xfinity-teams-2018

No one according to this
"Hemric will continue to pilot the #21 car in 2018. Tifft takes over the #2 machine, which has primarily been run by Austin Dillon, Paul Menard, and Ben Kennedy this season. The #3 car will also be run in 2018 by a variety of drivers. That eliminates the #33 and #62 teams, which were driven by Brandon Jones and Brendan Gaughan in 2017."

RCR is cutting back to three X Series car for 2018, that is why Gaughan is done with full time racing
http://www.espn.com/jayski/nxs/2017...-racing-cutting-back-three-xfinity-teams-2018
Back to trucks?

Back
Top Bottom