SILLY SEASON 2018

I quite liked BG's personality, but he's been saying for the past two years that his family was going to stop funding him.

I think RCR is doing the right thing in cutting back the amount of cars they have will be a good move for them. Gives them a chance to key in and focus in on Hemric and Tifft.

I quite liked BG's personality, but he's been saying for the past two years that his family was going to stop funding him.

I think RCR is doing the right thing in cutting back the amount of cars they have will be a good move for them. Gives them a chance to key in and focus in on Hemric and Tifft.
Lack of sponsorship no doubt

What happened to the new team announcement that was suppose to take place this weekend ?

@Allenbaba hear anything about Dodge this weekend? I'm seeing online that RPM to Chevy with RCR is pretty much a done deal.

So is Kurt Busch coming back? So odd that the season is over and we hear nothing

What happened to the new team announcement that was suppose to take place this weekend ?

Who knows, but for better exposure I would make announcements closer to the Awards Banquet. This weekend was all about Junior and the Championship.

@Allenbaba hear anything about Dodge this weekend? I'm seeing online that RPM to Chevy with RCR is pretty much a done deal.
Admittedly I didn't really do the kind of "fact finding" anyone here would have liked. Having said that, I didn't hear the word "Dodge" come up one time in many conversations. Again, that doesn't mean anything. Just means if it's happening, there's not a lot of "buzz" around it.

Befuddled about how long the situation is taking to workout with Kurt Busch and the 41 etc.

I believe that @Allenbaba has said that Kurt has a contract that is ready to be signed but he has to decide if it is acceptable to him as the dollars he would be receiving to drive the 41 would be less than in years past.

I believe that @Allenbaba has said that Kurt has a contract that is ready to be signed but he has to decide if it is acceptable to him as the dollars he would be receiving to drive the 41 would be less than in years past.
I hope he signs. With everyone else being gone I'd hate to see a ear without Kurt in NASCAR too.

Who knows, but for better exposure I would make announcements closer to the Awards Banquet. This weekend was all about Junior and the Championship.
Announcements have always been made during Homestead week , and got plenty of exposure, but at this point it doesnt matter, no new team was announced .

Announcements have always been made during Homestead week , and got plenty of exposure, but at this point it doesnt matter, no new team was announced .
What about what The King was tweeting about? He stated it would be announced before Sunday's race. Guess, he's gonna make sure that the sponsor signs the deal this time.o_O

It will be interesting to see what Majeski will do. He has very little experience. Briscoe and Cendric we know how they are. Hello Bell

What about what The King was tweeting about? He stated it would be announced before Sunday's race. Guess, he's gonna make sure that the sponsor signs the deal this time.o_O
It had nothing to do with the King or anything you said, there was supposed to be a brand new team being announced at Homestead, nothing came of it

Or a willingness to race for less. Rumor mill said sponsorship and a pay cut was the hold up for Kurt Busch.

Kenseth has a little pull with a couple long time sponsors I bet.

HHHHMMMMMM..... Maybe Kurt thinks he's indispensable and is holding out for more money.... while Matt decided ......''I don't have a ride and this is the only open seat''....... Who knows........ very possible...... Kurt may the only one without a seat when the cake walk ends......

Either that or Kurt would settle for a Front Row car or if Childress somehow decided to find funding for the 27.

Either that or Kurt would settle for a Front Row car or if Childress somehow decided to find funding for the 27.
The front row car is off the table. They have a championship now and the 77 was a Toyota deal.
Childress is survival mode right now with low sponsor money and can't afford to hire costly drivers.

Perhaps that recent race win has gotten Kenseth some attention from SHR.

A couple m
Perhaps that recent race win has gotten Kenseth some attention from SHR.

There were some rumors that Gene Haas had some discussion with Matt a while back .. figured Matt might be a fall back option if things went south with Kurt Busch. I think Matt would be an upgrade on and off the track.

Why do I have a feeling that the 41 is going to have 2 drivers next year? I'm thinking Kurt and Matt. Matt keeps saying he doesn't have a full-time ride for next year. Always throws in the "full-time". If that happened I'd be OK with it.

Why do I have a feeling that the 41 is going to have 2 drivers next year? I'm thinking Kurt and Matt. Matt keeps saying he doesn't have a full-time ride for next year. Always throws in the "full-time". If that happened I'd be OK with it.

It's possible ... Matt said in a recent interview that he would not be running the Daytona 500 in 2018 .. thought it was an odd statement. Danica is running Daytona .. any way the two of them are splitting a ride in the #41 .. or Danica doing a one and done and then Matt takes over .. no idea? Here was a link to that story about Matt not running the 2018 Daytona 500.

https://www.foxsports.com/nascar/video/1099357763989

Last edited:
I spoke to a few people today that make me believe Kurt will be back in the 41 for one more season, then likely replaced by Custer. If Kurt just decides it’s not worth the money, I highly doubt Kenseth will be in the car. But of course, as we know, anything’s possible!

I spoke to a few people today that make me believe Kurt will be back in the 41 for one more season, then likely replaced by Custer. If Kurt just decides it’s not worth the money, I highly doubt Kenseth will be in the car. But of course, as we know, anything’s possible!

Disagreeing with Dale Jarrett?

Did Matt turn down a top car because of low salary offers? I get the idea Matt would take a lot less money to be in a car that has a chance at a championship, but isn't interested in mediocre rides. Is that not accurate?

Back
Top Bottom