SILLY SEASON 2018

Matt Kenseth is what 45, 46 years old? Been in the sport for like 20 years. Kurt Busch has about the same time in the sport. this is performance based sport and neither are hitting it out of the park anymore or more importantly aren't going to in the years to come. So count me as one of the not surprised if neither has a ride next year.

The fastest way to save the most money is cut the highest paid employees. In Nascar a top 15 team can save a million or more by cutting the driver's pay.

I think FRM made a good choice, a proven driver who keeps the fenders on it and gets decent finishes in what he has to drive.

An upgrade from Cassill, he did not perform well at all in the 34. Regan looked more impressive in the 38, by far.

Thank God for that Michael McDowell to the FRM #34 update. Easily the best driver they've had since Landon Cassill.

I wonder if he has announced the latest blockbuster Richard Petty Motorsports to Dodge in 2019 after a brief flirtation with Chevrolet in 2018 yet?

Or is Murstein still looking for shop space?

As far as I know Monster is on board for 9 races with Kurt and the 41 which would leave Gene about 27 to pick up with Haas and probably at least that many with the 14 car. My 2 cents worth is that Kurt is in no hurry to sign anything as SHR doesn't really have any other options and SHR is not worried as they know they are the only viable option for Kurt.

My 2 cents worth is that this is all posturing and ego as if Kurt wants to remain in Nascar for a decent team he has to take an enormous pay cut and will only be signed for 1 year in what will likely be his last in Nascar.

F1 just announced a 43 million dollar Drop in team prize money. Haas F1 finished 8th just as last year . Gene is facing a several million dollar loss of income in F1. Could it be possible he tries to shift Monster sponsorship to the 14 car and not run the 41?

F1 just announced a 43 million dollar Drop in team prize money. Haas F1 finished 8th just as last year . Gene is facing a several million dollar loss of income in F1. Could it be possible he tries to shift Monster sponsorship to the 14 car and not run the 41?

My understanding is that Monster is loyal to Kurt and stays with him but that could be incorrect. I understand what is going on with the 4 car as it is a good team that is fully sponsored. I get it with the 10 car as Almirola is essentially a ride buyer seeing Smithfield goes where he goes. It seems like Gene will be willing to self sponsor Kurt for the majority of races in the 41 and I get that to a point. What I don't understand is the 14 car with Bowyer as he is an older guy that hasn't done anything in a while and doesn't have any sponsors.

My understanding is that Monster is loyal to Kurt and stays with him but that could be incorrect. I understand what is going on with the 4 car as it is a good team that is fully sponsored. I get it with the 10 car as Almirola is essentially a ride buyer seeing Smithfield goes where he goes. It seems like Gene will be willing to self sponsor Kurt for the majority of races in the 41 and I get that to a point. What I don't understand is the 14 car with Bowyer as he is an older guy that hasn't done anything in a while and doesn't have any sponsors.

Because Tony Stewart hand picked him. He's the chosen one. :D

I haven't seen or heard any evidence to believe 2018 is Kurt's last year in Cup. Sure, it could be his last year with SHR, but the gravitational pull of witnessing so many former 'young guns' and big names exiting the sport as drivers the past three seasons doesn't mean ALL of those 40-ish guys are imminently on their way out. Harvick is three years OLDER than Kurt and I haven't heard a peep about him retiring anytime soon. Same goes for Jimmie.....and Kenseth is seven years older FWIW.

Harvick will be 42 on my birthday . He is quietly working on his broadcasting career and has child #2 on the way. He doesn't seem like a guy to let anyone know what he is doing very much before it happens. Gene Haas may have billions but he won't have it long sponsoring an F1 team and 2 Nascar teams out of his own pocket. The bidnessman in in him and Tony will take over sometime. There are already more talented kids than rides what with three sharing an Xfinity car next year . 6or 8 mil for an older guy or 500.000 to a mil for talented kid You do the math

Depends how much Kurt enjoys driving and dealing with all the sponsorship obligations. I could see him racing 1 - 2 more years and just hanging it up, especially if SHR promotes Cole Custer (terrible driver but connected) to the 41 and Kurt's offers are from other small teams.

Who in their right mind would buy into a Nascar racing team. Don't they know these are deathbed days? :rolleyes:

Who in their right mind would buy into a Nascar racing team. Don't they know these are deathbed days? :rolleyes:

The investor could have paid a good chunk for a small number of shares, it could be a short term loan, it could have been any number of things but without the number of shares purchased and the purchase price we really don't know anything.

Credit to Devine, I'm not the biggest fan of BK, but I'd like to see some progress from the team. They need some type of consistency to even progress the team forward...

Depends how much Kurt enjoys driving and dealing with all the sponsorship obligations. I could see him racing 1 - 2 more years and just hanging it up, especially if SHR promotes Cole Custer (terrible driver but connected) to the 41 and Kurt's offers are from other small teams.

Custer improved a ton last year, he was the best Xfinity driver on 1.5 mile tracks.

I was impressed with his speed and that win at Homestead says it all about the young man. He can wheel, but I hope SHR take their time with him.

Custer improved a ton last year, he was the best Xfinity driver on 1.5 mile tracks.

I was impressed with his speed and that win at Homestead says it all about the young man. He can wheel, but I hope SHR take their time with him.

Yeah I let that crack slide. A rookie on a rookie team and he got a win. 1 win,7 5's, and 15 top 10's his first year @19 yrs old.

^ Some sponsors are the drivers and some are for the team owners. No doubt DeWalt likes Matt
however they have a future with JGR that they wouldn't necessary get somewhere else.

What are they supposed to do. They sponsored Matt back at Roush, followed him to JGR..kinda impossible to sponsor him now eh?

Back
Top Bottom