SILLY SEASON 2018

^ Smithfield has invested directly with Richard Petty Motorsports, and now with Stewart-Haas. Smithfield also has invested millions in their activation programs, which are highly respected in the industry. If more sponsors were as astute as Smithfield in activation, more sponsors would like the ROI they generate from Nascar involvement.

yep they are a huge outfit and growing, not bad for a ride buyer;)
Smithfield Foods Invests $100 Million, Adds Approximately 250 New Jobs to Its Tar Heel, North Carolina Facility
https://www.smithfieldfoods.com/new...-jobs-to-its-tar-heel-north-carolina-facility

Is their bacon any good? #askingforafriend
The round stuff that we call ham is pretty good.

category_107_5506.jpg

Is their bacon any good? #askingforafriend

Let's just say that their bacon is in a class of its own compared to the stuff I get at my butcher shop. I am looking forward to any and all inferences and/or implications noted in any responses.

Smithfield bacon is the only brand I buy......... I was dismayed to hear the company was bought out by the Chinese last year for 4.7 billion dollars..... but.... it's hard to buy anything anymore that isn't either owned or made in China........

I know I really like Smithfield porkloins on the grill

OMG god, mapple bacon is sooooooooooooooooooo freaking good.

Carry on.

Schneider's was my choice of meats for 50 yrs here in Canada, Then the worst tasting crappy meat packer bought them out. There is no quality in anything now. If I was younger I would go back to raising my own meat.

Tony has truly earned his retirement. :) He can say that he went out on top with the biggest win of all. :)

Who is replacing him?

Tony has truly earned his retirement. :) He can say that he went out on top with the biggest win of all. :)

Who is replacing him?
Daniker's old crew chief.

Kurt Busch - Billy Scott
Aric Almirola - John Klausmeier
Kevin Harvick - Rodney Childers
Clint Bowyer - Mike Bugarewicz

Dani is getting her discount double checked. Didn't stay on the market long. Seems she is dating the Packers QB.

NASCAR Next driver Hailie Deegan set for full K&N Pro Series slate in 2018

Who’s got next?

That’d be Hailie Deegan, the youngest driver and only female of the current NASCAR Next class, named Wednesday to drive the No. 19 Mobil 1/NAPA Power Premium Plus Toyota Camry full-time for K&N Pro Series West powerhouse team Bill McAnally Racing.

The 16-year-old from Temecula, California will challenge for the Rookie of the Year Award and overall title as she runs the full 15-race schedule in the West division of the NASCAR K&N Pro Series, while also racing in select events in the East division.

Deegan joins BMR on the heels of the organization’s third straight series title and second straight with fellow Toyota development driver Todd Gilliland. The reigning champ will move up to join Kyle Busch Motorsports in the Camping World Truck Series for the 2018 season.

The announcement came after BMR hosted an audition of sorts in late 2017 in which Deegan’s talent shone brightly.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...gan-set-for-full-kn-pro-series-slate-in-2018/

NASCAR Next driver Hailie Deegan set for full K&N Pro Series slate in 2018

Who’s got next?

That’d be Hailie Deegan, the youngest driver and only female of the current NASCAR Next class, named Wednesday to drive the No. 19 Mobil 1/NAPA Power Premium Plus Toyota Camry full-time for K&N Pro Series West powerhouse team Bill McAnally Racing.

The 16-year-old from Temecula, California will challenge for the Rookie of the Year Award and overall title as she runs the full 15-race schedule in the West division of the NASCAR K&N Pro Series, while also racing in select events in the East division.

Deegan joins BMR on the heels of the organization’s third straight series title and second straight with fellow Toyota development driver Todd Gilliland. The reigning champ will move up to join Kyle Busch Motorsports in the Camping World Truck Series for the 2018 season.

The announcement came after BMR hosted an audition of sorts in late 2017 in which Deegan’s talent shone brightly.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...gan-set-for-full-kn-pro-series-slate-in-2018/

Brian Deegan's daughter
deegan-and-daughter.jpg

008-loorrs-wild-horse-hailie-brian-deegan-podium.jpg

Deegan, 16, is the first female to win a race and a championship in the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series. She was in NASCAR's Drive for Diversity program last year. She is the youngest driver and the only female named to this year's nine-member NASCAR Next Class.

Last edited:
one thing holding her back is pavement experience. The car won't be the problem, same stuff Gilliland and Eggleston gets.

The good ones adapt and adapt quickly. Here's to hoping she's one of them. Having known good equipment eliminates a lot of variables too. At 16, her career track seems to be on schedule. Too many female drivers have gotten too late a start up the ladder or progressed too slowly to to have the best chance of success.

Back
Top Bottom