SILLY SEASON 2018

The only alternative for running both with one organization would be Penske.

If Ford still has big love for Danica, they may be able to influence the Daytona side of that.

I think anything is possible if there is enough $$$$ , will be interesting to see what happens.

What says Danica can't buy a car, get her own 1 off sponsor and do her own thing.
I am pretty sure she could qualify into the race or win the fan vote.
Someone will give her a ride in IRL for the 1 race.

What says Danica can't buy a car, get her own 1 off sponsor and do her own thing.

If that was the case then the CGR talks would not have gone stale. I dint think she has much sponsorship and that's the problem. Doesn't make alot of sense being who she is and what she trying to do but seems to be the case. Fan vote for Daytona 500?

I have a hard time believing Danica couldn't get sponsorship for her final start (and in the biggest / most watched race of the year), stranger things have happened though.

Lol there is no fan vote for the 500 silly goose, its for the ASR

I have a hard time believing Danica couldn't get sponsorship for her final start (and in the biggest / most watched race of the year), stranger things have happened though.
I was surprised Kenseth didn't get a one race offer.
Junior should enter a car in some cup races with drivers Matt, Jeff, Himself, and Tony.

I could care less about the taxes , I care about not being able to get around in my city because all these old farts have took over the roads , I hate not being able to shop because the old farts have took over my stores, I hate that all the restaurants have wait times that over an hour because all the old farts have to eat at the same time.

We have a state tax and local city tax, we can live without them.

If i really cared, I would look up and see how much they do contribute to the local economy.........

I was visiting a buddy of mine in Venice FL and doing a bit of business last year as the snowbirds were arriving and I have never seen so many sea foam green Grand Marquis' with padded tops in my life. I don't think whatever good they do could outweigh the pain they provide as for many it seems that introducing the slightest variable into any equation makes them go tilt and adds undue time to the task at hand.

So it pisses you off to have to go slower behind a Canadian Licence plate buy it's ok behind an American plate??? I have driven all over the states and I find the pace quicker here in a 2 lane highway during a snow storm.

I was surprised Kenseth didn't get a one race offer.
Junior should enter a car in some cup races with drivers Matt, Jeff, Himself, and Tony.

I think he's just waiting for you to write a check....... ;) Jr. has stated on MULTIPLE occasions that he does NOT want to field a Cup car.

I think he's just waiting for you to write a check....... ;) Jr. has stated on MULTIPLE occasions that he does NOT want to field a Cup car.
That's the easiest answer for him, no matter what he wants to do. He says one time "yeah, one day I want to run Cup with JRM" and the internet will explode with rumors and speculation for years. He will be asked about it from then on in every interview he gives. Should the right opportunity arise, I think he would bring JRM to the Cup series in a heartbeat.

IMO she's driven her last laps in any racecar. She done. Absolutely no chance of Cup ride. Nearly same for Indy car. She DONE!

I could give a crap about her NASCAR career but she did enough in IndyCar to merit having one more race.

That's the easiest answer for him, no matter what he wants to do. He says one time "yeah, one day I want to run Cup with JRM" and the internet will explode with rumors and speculation for years. He will be asked about it from then on in every interview he gives. Should the right opportunity arise, I think he would bring JRM to the Cup series in a heartbeat.

Well, a couple of things; First off, Jr. is a frugal guy, and I don't think he has any intention of pissing away his money on something so unlikely to return the investment. Maybe 10-15 years ago the answer would have been different, but in today's climate? Would YOU start a new single car Cup team with no charter and no commercial business to pawn some of the costs off on (like Barney Visser) in the current NASCAR? Notice that JRM doesn't run ANYTHING that doesn't pay the bills up front. What are the odds of a sponsor coming along willing to pay the freight for JRM to upgrade to Cup level, AND field the car? The other issue is that in order to field a Cup car, JRM would have to distance itself from Hendrick Motorsports. Does Jr. buy out Rick's share of the company, or does he just GIVE it to Jr? I don't think that's a relationship that EITHER side is interested in changing. It's been working pretty darn well so far. I will also say that Jr. has become pretty good about being up front and saying what's on his mind. If he repeatedly says he has no interest in a Cup team, I'm inclined to believe him. Could that change some day? Anything is possible, but I don't see it any time in the foreseeable future. I'd sooner believe him becoming a part owner of HMS than taking JRM to the Cup level.

Well, a couple of things; First off, Jr. is a frugal guy, and I don't think he has any intention of pissing away his money on something so unlikely to return the investment. Maybe 10-15 years ago the answer would have been different, but in today's climate? Would YOU start a new single car Cup team with no charter and no commercial business to pawn some of the costs off on (like Barney Visser) in the current NASCAR? Notice that JRM doesn't run ANYTHING that doesn't pay the bills up front. What are the odds of a sponsor coming along willing to pay the freight for JRM to upgrade to Cup level, AND field the car? The other issue is that in order to field a Cup car, JRM would have to distance itself from Hendrick Motorsports. Does Jr. buy out Rick's share of the company, or does he just GIVE it to Jr? I don't think that's a relationship that EITHER side is interested in changing. It's been working pretty darn well so far. I will also say that Jr. has become pretty good about being up front and saying what's on his mind. If he repeatedly says he has no interest in a Cup team, I'm inclined to believe him. Could that change some day? Anything is possible, but I don't see it any time in the foreseeable future. I'd sooner believe him becoming a part owner of HMS than taking JRM to the Cup level.

It wouldn't be without it's complexities, that's certain. We'll just have to see what the future holds.

So it pisses you off to have to go slower behind a Canadian Licence plate buy it's ok behind an American plate??? I have driven all over the states and I find the pace quicker here in a 2 lane highway during a snow storm.

I didn't run into any Canadians at all. The main offenders were from New York and Ohio.

Whoa, that’s taking a step back to say the least

Its something, but what's telling that they will only cover one full-race. Maybe, focusing more as the primary sponsor for NASCAR? I would like to see Monster stick around, it would suck to see them leave after two years.

Its something, but what's telling that they will only cover one full-race. Maybe, focusing more as the primary sponsor for NASCAR? I would like to see Monster stick around, it would suck to see them leave after two years.
Yea I agree, it is telling they are only sponsoring one race thought they’d be up for a little more. I also hope they stay on as Cup sponsor, I feel they are doing a good job with what they have...and I really love that Trophy.

From time to time, I have to wipe a tear from my eye when I think of the financial hardships endured by multi-millionaire race car owners and their multi-billion dollar corporate supporters.

It’s just sooo sad.

From time to time, I have to wipe a tear from my eye when I think of the financial hardships endured by multi-millionaire race car owners and their multi-billion dollar corporate supporters.

It’s just sooo sad.

I don't think that is the point or what anyone even gives pause too.

I don't think that is the point or what anyone even gives pause too.
That depends upon your point of view.

From here, I expect the 41 to hit the track 36 times in 2018. How much or how little of the capital and operating costs of that adventure is borne by this or that public or private company or by Gene Haas, his company, his choice of Processed Cheese Food, his pocket or one of his questionable tax refunds is of no interest or concern to me. Neither do I care how many times any or all of them is a primary, secondary, associate or in-car camera decal only sponsor.

Just race the damn car hard and stay out of Blaney’s way.

Billy Scott has to be thrilled now to be able to prove his worth or not as a CC again.

Whoa, that’s taking a step back to say the least
I don't know, if it's like that deal they did two years ago with Haas and Monster taking turns on the front half and back half of the car that's still a lot of exposure and probably a good sum of money.

I don't know, if it's like that deal they did two years ago with Haas and Monster taking turns on the front half and back half of the car that's still a lot of exposure and probably a good sum of money.
Yea I couldn’t gather if Monster will be on the back half of the car and the hood will be something else. Maybe I mispoke before seeing a 2018 paint scheme to see what the sponsor arrangements will be

Yeah I read somewhere that Smithfield was going to be Primary on Aric's car but would also be on the other SHR cars as a secondary sponsor for some races. Allenbaba said that Kurt had some sponsor deals lined up also.

^ Smithfield has invested directly with Richard Petty Motorsports, and now with Stewart-Haas. Smithfield also has invested millions in their activation programs, which are highly respected in the industry. If more sponsors were as astute as Smithfield in activation, more sponsors would like the ROI they generate from Nascar involvement.

^ Smithfield has invested directly with Richard Petty Motorsports, and now with Stewart-Haas. Smithfield also has invested millions in their activation programs, which are highly respected in the industry. If more sponsors were as astute as Smithfield in activation, more sponsors would like the ROI they generate from Nascar involvement.

You sound like a lady friend of mine that tells me the more money she spends at sales the more money she saves. If you have any links to show what a good partner Smithfield is I would like to read about it and if not that is just fine too.

Back
Top Bottom