SILLY SEASON 2018

Part of the problem is Fox. They put almost all of the truck races on FS-1, the casual fan doesn't know there is a truck series or Xfinity series for that matter. That is a fairly close quote of what Kyle Busch says about the trucks. He also said the purses are the same as they were three years ago. Eldora pays 15 thousand to win. He said it costs 15 thousand to hang a body on one. Spec motor will help a bit, but without a lot of help it sure looks like it is hard to break even in the truck series.

Part of the problem is Fox. They put almost all of the truck races on FS-1, the casual fan doesn't know there is a truck series or Xfinity series for that matter. That is a fairly close quote of what Kyle Busch says about the trucks. He also said the purses are the same as they were three years ago. Eldora pays 15 thousand to win. He said it costs 15 thousand to hang a body on one. Spec motor will help a bit, but without a lot of help it sure looks like it is hard to break even in the truck series.
To be fair, the Truck series since inception has always lived on the cable networks, same goes for the Xfinity Series.

I hate it, because the Eldora truck race is one of the most entertaining events in all of racing, in my opinion of course.

Wow, are you f'ing serious? The Dream is $100k to win, World 100 and King's Royal are $50k. That is stunning.
The total purse for the Truck race at Daytona in 2015 was $806,373. Obviously the purse isn't going to be the same for everyone, but that averages out to just under $25.2k per truck for the biggest race of the year. I would suspect winning at Eldora pays out more than $15k, but probably not much more than $20k.

The total purse for the Truck race at Daytona in 2015 was $806,373. Obviously the purse isn't going to be the same for everyone, but that averages out to just under $25.2k per truck for the biggest race of the year. I would suspect winning at Eldora pays out more than $15k, but probably not much more than $20k.

Do you think I am making this **** up to hear my head rattle? @ 1:55 if you want the short version. Won't be surprised if someone comes along and calls Kyle a lair..aww it's more than that so in so told me so. :D

Yeah, I had no illusions about the Eldora Trucks purse being in the same league as Daytona or the other most expensive Truck races, but I wouldn't have known the payouts for Eldora's other marquee events dwarf it.

Do you think I am making this sh!t up to hear my head rattle? @ 1:55 if you want the short version. Won't be surprised if someone comes along and calls Kyle a lair..aww it's more than that so in so told me so. :D

I’m not really disagreeing, it’s a woefully small amount of money regardless. Eldora also had the smallest purse when they still released those figures so that is probably the most extreme example to use. But I doubt any Truck race outside of Daytona is paying decently to the winner.

Starcom? Or, could be bringing a sponsor to run the third RCR car. I believe RCR still has the charter for that one.
Its not Starcom, they have Cope running the 500, Starcom has the #27 Charter , so its not a RCR car.

I hate it, because the Eldora truck race is one of the most entertaining events in all of racing, in my opinion of course.
I watched it for the first time last year, and I was not disappointed!

Jeffrey Earnhardt to the 00... would love to see the kid make something happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree, hope he can just finish races, as the deal is the length of the 2018 season.

\. Eldora pays 15 thousand to win. He said it costs 15 thousand to hang a body on one. Spec motor will help a bit, but without a lot of help it sure looks like it is hard to break even in the truck series.

Well part of the problem is that someone is willing to spend 15k to put a body on a truck knowing that even if they win best they will do is break even. Maybe someone needs to look at why it costs 15k to hang a body on a truck for Eldora? Maybe I'm wrong but I wouldn't think aero means a whole lot at that place. Do you need to go to flange fit panels?

I agree, hope he can just finish races, as the deal is the length of the 2018 season.

I would just like to see the kid have a chance to prove himself. I remember a while back jr wouldn't give him a ride because he didn't feel he was focused enough.

Seems now he loves to race and has his sites set on becoming successful. He's the only Earnhardt in full time competition now, would love to see him bring honor to the name.

I would just like to see the kid have a chance to prove himself. I remember a while back jr wouldn't give him a ride because he didn't feel he was focused enough.

Seems now he loves to race and has his sites set on becoming successful. He's the only Earnhardt in full time competition now, would love to see him bring honor to the name.

So far just the opposite is happening. His record is dismal and it isn't going to get any better with the ride he has for Daytona unless the bird of paradise shows up.

The rumor has been that Cole Custer is going to run some Cup races this year before he replaces one of the current Stewart Haas drivers next year. According to his fire suit that will be with Rick ware racing as the do have a charter and will run SHR prepared Fords

Boyer if he doesn't speed up or Kurt. hell they might be looking for two in the near future, three if Almirola falls on his face. Changes are coming for SHR no doubt.

The rumor also is that almirola and Smithfield is only for a one-year deal

The rumor also is that almirola and Smithfield is only for a one-year deal
I'd be willing to put money on this. The company that now owns Smithfield is outsourcing like crazy to keep costs low. I can't see them sinking money into a organization that's hemorrhaging cash by the gallon for very little return investment.

Rumor that was posted on Reddit that this is Kurt's last year and he is going to retire and Cole is taking over the 41
I think this is true. He got his contract this year but maybe on the condition it is his last
and with no fan fare. ( which I am tired of)

Rumor that was posted on Reddit that this is Kurt's last year and he is going to retire and Cole is taking over the 41

That was me....

But I didn't just make it up it was posted from a member on rubbins racing.com that is inside the sport and has a lot of reliable information

I'd be willing to put money on this. The company that now owns Smithfield is outsourcing like crazy to keep costs low. I can't see them sinking money into a organization that's hemorrhaging cash by the gallon for very little return investment.

Seems like it's totally realistic scenario especially considering the situation with both of these companies involved

There could be a lot of new faces in the next couple of years. When Petty, Pearson, the Allisons , Cale, and Benny were nearing the end of their prime, there were new guys coming in, Rudd, Labonte, Wallace, Bodine. So there was a changing of the guard, so to speak. Earnhardt was just a touch ahead of these guys. DW was already an established winner by the late seventies, so he was almost an "in between" those two groups. The biggest difference between then and now, is the new guys came in in second or third tier rides. Look at the rides Chase, Gordon, JJ, Busch bros and the more recent crop came in with. Such a huge advantage. Most of the guys coming in in the late seventies, early eighties did fairly well for themselves. Bodine came in with some boat racer named Hendrick. Wonder whatever came of him? I'm looking forward to the new faces. I think viewer fatigue has set in on some of the current crop. Change may be good.

That was me....

But I didn't just make it up it was posted from a member on rubbins racing.com that is inside the sport and has a lot of reliable information
That rumor is false. I’m not on rubbins racing.com, but I do talk to Kurt just about every day!

Doesn’t mean this won’t be his last season...a lot can happen. He’s still doing some soul searching. But as of right now there is no retirement plan. (Also, Gene’s not a big fan of Custer. That has made things internally....shall we say....interesting.)

That rumor is false. I’m not on rubbins racing.com, but I do talk to Kurt just about every day!

Doesn’t mean this won’t be his last season...a lot can happen. He’s still doing some soul searching. But as of right now there is no retirement plan. (Also, Gene’s not a big fan of Custer. That has made things internally....shall we say....interesting.)

Kurt is a wheel man no doubt. I don't know anyone inside the sport, but I'm guessing Gene is a big fan of a driver like Kurt. That guy can win just about anywhere. Gene, in my opinion put Kurt back on the map. He deserved another shot. Plus he's matured a ton from what I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom