SILLY SEASON 2018

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by Fordracing7, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Broke records last season and cannot even get an ARCA drive, yikes man.

I remembered his car being blank for most of last year, Theriault has done well, just another part of the reality of racing. Sigh.

2. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

You could be 100% correct.

3. Candace66

Candace66 Car Chief

Such a shame about Austin.

4. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

he had terrible luck in the trucks, had a bad injury (broke his back) that sidelined him for a lot of the season when he was trying to make a name for himself driving a Kez truck.

5. BradBlaney

BradBlaney Crew Chief

Heard(possible rumor) Austin is going to the 33 GMS truck to replace Grala

6. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Another perk of Bowman’s role as test driver was the ability to develop a relationship with Alba Colon, the former Chevrolet Racing NASCAR Program Director, who was named director of competition systems for Hendrick Motorsports earlier this week.

“Alba is one of my favorite people in the garage and always has been ever since I met her,” Bowman said. “She’s so helpful. She’s been huge in helping me. She was huge in the wheel force program and supporting me in getting that role and the role in driving the simulator. She’s one of the key people in my career. I probably wouldn’t have gotten this far without her.

“I’m excited to have her on the team. She’s so smart, so good with people. I think she’ll bring a lot to the table. To have somebody that everyone loves working there is always going to be a positive.”

https://www.motorsport.com/midget/news/nascar-alex-bowman-chili-bowl-995210/

jws926, 2 Sweet, Kiante and 1 other person like this.
  7. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

8. Allenbaba

Allenbaba Team Owner

Here's a little Truck Series manufacturer silly season gossip - just heard a rumor that ThorSport will switch to Ford as early as Daytona. Seems pretty crazy to me...maybe they meant Red Horse? I dunno. It's from a good source though. Good for Ford and the series if true.

Blaze, LewTheShoe, Kiante and 3 others like this.
  9. NascarUnderdogs

NascarUnderdogs Spectator

is red horse planning on coming back?

10. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Wow that is a heck of a rumor. Stunning actually if that happens.

11. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

I don't know why they'd do that unless they got significant Ford backing, and the lack of that is mostly why Brad shut his team down...seems odd.

LewTheShoe and LJ7201 like this.
  12. Mispeedway15

Mispeedway15 Team Owner

Idk it’s 45 minutes away from my house I can go over and ask lol

13. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Do it dooo it. :D:p

14. Allenbaba

Allenbaba Team Owner

Drive by and see if there's a bunch of Toyota parts and pieces by the curb.

Mike Crayne, Mispeedway15 and Kiante like this.
  15. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

not to me. Ford is run by a committee, they wake up in a new world every day just like a bird.

16. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

With Kez gone Ford doesn't have any trucks with any speed in the series. They only had two before that. They are the number one seller in truck sales for years :idunno: Maybe they don't care, maybe they do.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  17. jws926

jws926 Nissan Is Love, Nissan Is Life

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

18. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

19. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

20. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

IF this story is true, and IF Thorsport is going to get any actual Ford Support, then If I were Keselowski I would be absolutely LIVID.

21. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Especially with the driver that is the face/spokesman for the brand.

LewTheShoe and FLRacingFan like this.
  22. Ford Racing

Ford Racing Crew Chief

Why would he be livid? Keselowski shut the team down because he couldn't turn a profit and Ford wouldn't give him more support. It's very possible that Ford simply went with a team who would be willing to accept the amount of support they would give. And Thorsport provides a four truck team vs. two with Keselowski's team.

Mopardh9, LJ7201, aunty dive and 2 others like this.
  23. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Don’t start confusing the issue with common sense.

Ford Racing likes this.
  24. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

Brad is the the face of Ford Racing in NASCAR. Ford's support should have gone to somebody already in their camp before giving it somebody else. Thorsport is a damn fine team that has had a lot of success, but for developing talent for Ford, I think Brad's operation had a lot to offer. Unless he signed off on it, I would have a hard time not considering it a slap in the face.

LewTheShoe and Team Penske like this.
  25. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

LewTheShoe and Kiante like this.
  26. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

Looking like Duke Thorson is about to become the face of Ford Truck Series Racing.

I think he’ll do a better job of it than Keselowski did and it would appear Ford thinks so too.

Fordracing7 and recjus85 like this.
  27. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Thorsport has been a pillar in the trucks, before KDB or his brother or Kez came along, BT (before Toyota) .

2 Sweet and jws926 like this.
  28. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

29. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

I'm not arguing who'll do a better job, but if I were Brad, I would still be pissed.

30. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

It must be a good deal to be willing to part from Toyota for it.

31. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

32. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

33. aunty dive

aunty dive Team Owner

The business of auto racing.

KTMLew01 likes this.
  34. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Good to know Ford will still be in the truck series.

Still wish Ford threw some more money Keselowski's way, but hey thems the breaks. His dad went through the same thing when Dodge cut him because they sponsored (Dodge/Mopar) the majority of Bob's races back in the 90s'.

35. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

First Xfinity races for Jamie in five years included ^.

36. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Ford had to do something in the trucks, either stay in the series or quit. I'm wondering when Keselowski was trying to get his contract with Ford they already had plans to do the switch. Compared to all of the Chevys and Toyotas, Ford really only had two competitive trucks.

Fordracing7, FLRacingFan and 2 Sweet like this.
  37. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

38. Robert J Sublett

Robert J Sublett Crew Chief

Did Brad not say he had other plans for the shop?

39. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Somewhere down the line, in order to support his ability to be a team owner once he's done driving, since other long-time Cup owners have other business that sustain their racing operations. He did say lack of profitability was one of the driving factors for shuttering the Truck program.

LJ7201 likes this.