SILLY SEASON 2019

The two sides developed too complicated a relationship. Without getting into specifics, let's just say both sides played games with each other, both sides were playing chicken with deal requirements, both sides needed the other side more than the other side needed them at different points, both sides called each other's bluffs, and it basically just got to the point of no return for both SHR and KB. I truly believe KB will be in the 1 next season (that deal isn't signed yet, but pretty close). At the same time, him staying at SHR isn't quite dead yet. It's on life support with very little likelihood of survival...but not technically dead (hence my 5% chance he stays).

Thanks. Won't lie it's a bummer as a Kurt fan - I think the #1 is a step down from SHR and was really hoping he'd finish his career out there. I've often wondered what his career stats would look like if he could get along better with people and had ran the 97 for a decade.

Thanks. Won't lie it's a bummer as a Kurt fan - I think the #1 is a step down from SHR and was really hoping he'd finish his career out there. I've often wondered what his career stats would look like if he could get along better with people and had ran the 97 for a decade.
Probably similar to Matt's, including packing up and leaving around the same time.

i keep saying that i would love to see bell in the 1 ,with larson in the 42.iam hoping that if i keep saying it it will happen

i keep saying that i would love to see bell in the 1 ,with larson in the 42.iam hoping that if i keep saying it it will happen

If anybody gets Bell outside of Toyota it would SHR.. .mark my words next year will be Dennys last in the 11.

JGR 2020
11 Bell
18 Kyle
19 MTJ
20 Jones

Denny is signed through 2020. Though Bell is a more likeable personality and is a dirt track racing sensation almost like how Larson is. I think it's a no brainer, probably cheaper signing.

Kasey Kahne to remain on sideline for at least the next three races... Las Vegas, Richmond, Charlotte. Regan Smith will drive all three races.

I hope KK can get a handle on this deal, and hope it has not caused any permanent damage. Just a guess, but I think the odds of that are pretty good. When people suffer heat stroke with organ damage, they often are confined to hospital, so I'm thinking KK's deal is less severe.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-c...ut-at-least-the-next-three-cup-races/3175187/

Newman to the 6 a possibility...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Facing a potentially changed contract <a href="https://twitter.com/RCRracing?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@RCRracing</a> in &#39;19, <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanJNewman?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@RyanJNewman</a> has explored options with other teams, on top of weighing staying at RCR, per sources. <br><br>➖ Ride most mentioned as possibility is <a href="https://twitter.com/roushfenway?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@RoushFenway</a>&#39;s No. 6.<br><br>➖ However, some close to RCR insist he may return there. <a href="https://t.co/D48vmyKmyX">pic.twitter.com/D48vmyKmyX</a></p>&mdash; Adam Stern (@A_S12) <a href="">September 11, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I guess this means Kenseth is probably done if the 6 goes to Newman. That's unfortunate.

Denny is signed through 2020. Though Bell is a more likeable personality and is a dirt track racing sensation almost like how Larson is. I think it's a no brainer, probably cheaper signing.
Don't forget, it has been said that Denny is the Sponsors driver. Maybe JGR has no choice but to leave Denny in the car unless the sponsor decides it is OK for Bell.

There are many good drivers, the Teams now hire sponsors.

I'd rather have Matt....the other hope would be he goes to the 41 for a year???
Well, if Matt can come back to Roush, I guess NoNeck can go back to SHR. If Matt's willing to stick around, I don't know why Jack would swap them. -IF-....

I still think they'd be better off with someone younger in the #41. If Ryan gets in, they'll just be looking for someone else in two years, three tops.

Don't forget, it has been said that Denny is the Sponsors driver. Maybe JGR has no choice but to leave Denny in the car unless the sponsor decides it is OK for Bell.

There are many good drivers, the Teams now hire sponsors.

I don't understand how sponsorship comes into play at JGR when it comes to keeping a drive around. They booted Matt because they claimed they didn't have sponsorship to run him, now it seems like Suarez is getting kicked to the curb with near fully funding from Arris. If I were anyone at JGR besides Kyle I'd be looking over my shoulder

I don't understand how sponsorship comes into play at JGR when it comes to keeping a drive around. They booted Matt because they claimed they didn't have sponsorship to run him, now it seems like Suarez is getting kicked to the curb with near fully funding from Arris. If I were anyone at JGR besides Kyle I'd be looking over my shoulder

Supposedly the funding from Arris is tied to the organization and not to Suarez

Ew, I must have missed that. Daniel won't be able to bring them with him. Carlos must be crapping burritos. Maybe he can go down to X in a JGR car?

Predictions -
Ryan Newman to the 6.
Revolving door of drivers and sponsorship to the 41.
Kurt Busch to the 1.
Daniel Suarez to the 95.

The most interesting thing for me is the relationship of Arris and Daniel Suarez. Arris signed on through 2020 with JGR with the understanding that Suarez would be with the team until then. Technically, they are with JGR and in this climate JGR would be idiots to let them out. Perhaps they go the Bass Pro or Smithfirld route. I am interested to see what Alan knows on this.

Not sure what the 41 team has to gain by having a revolving door of drivers. Not like there's a ton of ridebuyers anyway that are capable of running that car.

I will say this once, and then hopefully TRL can just pin this to the top of every Silly Season thread for the rest of time:

WHAT PEOPLE SAY IN INTERVIEWS AND WHAT YOU READ IN ARTICLES AS QUOTES IS MANY TIMES NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE REALITY OF WHAT IS ACTUALLY GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENES.

When big decisions are made, there are always two conversations: 1) the reality of the situation, and then 2) what should we tell the public. Sometimes the two are the same, many times they are not.

This kind of thing isn't unique to NASCAR - it happens in all industries. The difference between JGR and many others is that JGR isn't very good at PR/spin/keeping their stories straight.

Predictions -
Ryan Newman to the 6.
Revolving door of drivers and sponsorship to the 41.
Kurt Busch to the 1.
Daniel Suarez to the 95.

The most interesting thing for me is the relationship of Arris and Daniel Suarez. Arris signed on through 2020 with JGR with the understanding that Suarez would be with the team until then. Technically, they are with JGR and in this climate JGR would be idiots to let them out. Perhaps they go the Bass Pro or Smithfirld route. I am interested to see what Alan knows on this.

I can't see what Newman would have to gain by going to the 6, unless he can't or really doesn't want to stay at RCR. If Newman DOES leave RCR, does that finally bring Ty back into the fold? Not that I think THAT is a good move for RCR either. The 41 is by far the best of the "open" seats. I would think they could have their pick of drivers not locked down. If Kenseth ends up out of work, that would be an EXCELLENT place to finish up his career in a quality car while Custer gets a little more experience in Xfinity.

I can't see what Newman would have to gain by going to the 6, unless he can't or really doesn't want to stay at RCR. If Newman DOES leave RCR, does that finally bring Ty back into the fold? Not that I think THAT is a good move for RCR either. The 41 is by far the best of the "open" seats. I would think they could have their pick of drivers not locked down. If Kenseth ends up out of work, that would be an EXCELLENT place to finish up his career in a quality car while Custer gets a little more experience in Xfinity.

Ty said he wants to stay with Germain to attempt to build "their own Furniture Row."

:huh:

You would think if Newman had some sponsor money with caterpillar like it sounds he would at least be having some talks with SHR? But who knows were there bridges burned there? Not bringing enough money to the table?

I will say this once, and then hopefully TRL can just pin this to the top of every Silly Season thread for the rest of time:

WHAT PEOPLE SAY IN INTERVIEWS AND WHAT YOU READ IN ARTICLES AS QUOTES IS MANY TIMES NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE REALITY OF WHAT IS ACTUALLY GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENES.

When big decisions are made, there are always two conversations: 1) the reality of the situation, and then 2) what should we tell the public. Sometimes the two are the same, many times they are not.

This kind of thing isn't unique to NASCAR - it happens in all industries. The difference between JGR and many others is that JGR isn't very good at PR/spin/keeping their stories straight.

Throat cutting is always tough. Easy to do in private, but hard to conceal when it is done in public.

JGR in public: Daniel Suarez is family. We like Daniel a lot

JGR at the shop: Daniel, clean your sh!t outta MTJ’s locker.
But, But, sponsorship, I have sponsorship and that is important.. Uh not this time Daniel, it sounded good last time though.

Ty said he wants to stay with Germain to attempt to build "their own Furniture Row."
Hmmm. Germain used to run the truck series, and won some races, even won a couple of truck championships. Maybe Ty thinks they might go back to that... and he wants to get in "on the ground floor." It might sound harsh, but I think that is about the right level for him.

I do think his brother can be competitive in Xfinity... if the car and team is good.

Kenseth finally felt he had a decent car at Indy .. best since he's returned to Roush. Perhaps if he finishes up strong he will look to stick around for another year. The #41 would be hard to pass up if offered, but Matt may have longer term plans at Roush. I do remember rumors of Matt and Gene Haas having some discussions last seasob. Matt might have been on the short list for that #41 if things would have fallen thru with Kurt last year.

JGR being a de facto Toyota factory team that can just pull the rug out from under any other TRD-supported car is not something I like. I cannot imagine HMS getting sore enough that Larson is kicking all of their asses besides Chase, or RFR getting their doors blown off hard enough by SHR and Penske that they just decide to stop supplying customer engines. Consolidation of quality entries might be good for a select few but no one else. "Business-savvy" sucks for the sport.

JGR being a de facto Toyota factory team that can just pull the rug out from under any other TRD-supported car is not something I like. I cannot imagine HMS getting sore enough that Larson is kicking all of their asses besides Chase, or RFR getting their doors blown off hard enough by SHR and Penske that they just decide to stop supplying customer engines. Consolidation of quality entries might be good for a select few but no one else. "Business-savvy" sucks for the sport.

JGR has been very heavy handed with FRR at times. I wonder if Truex and Pearn have signed a contract with JGR for next year, or that's just talk to keep them in line until the end of the year.

It started last year for not really that much at Indy. Both of them were in the playoffs anyway. Disciplining crew members who were on another team was a new one on me. Nascar can and does but that's different. This year KDB has wrecked Truex a couple of time all mistakes of course:rolleyes: and Truex has nothing to say about it. I don't think Gibb's idea of an affiliation has been "right" for awhile.

Trevor Bayne is out at Roush. He has partial sponsorship with Advocare, so it will be interesting to see if he ends up with another team.
3.4K Views ·
about an hour ago ·
AUDIO: Jack Roush confirms to Claire B. Lang that Trevor Bayne WILL NOT be returning to the #6 car in 2019.

We don't know the real facts about Arris. Are they staying with a champion driver? Are they going with Suarez to a lesser team? What was their long term commitment to JGR?

We don't know the real facts about Arris. Are they staying with a champion driver? Are they going with Suarez to a lesser team? What was their long term commitment to JGR?
According to the team chart , 2019+ for Arris.

I think the driver with the best paying sponsor gets the ride. Kurt is taking Monster with him.

Back
Top Bottom