SILLY SEASON 2019

I wonder who it could be that will sponsor JJ next year?

Also, LFR has an announcement later this week:

Rumor has it that Hendrick Automotive Group will be the sponsor, Lowe's may come back for a few races.

Adam Stern speculates about Leavine Family Racing...

Since Trevor Bayne didn't get the JRM #1 car as had been rumored, haven't heard his name mentioned with anything else. It's pretty obvious Bayne is another driver that had a very successful career coming up, but just can't cut it on the Cup or Xfinity level. But there are worse drivers that have rides and Trevor has a sponsor. Kind of strange.

Since Trevor Bayne didn't get the JRM #1 car as had been rumored, haven't heard his name mentioned with anything else. It's pretty obvious Bayne is another driver that had a very successful career coming up, but just can't cut it on the Cup or Xfinity level. But there are worse drivers that have rides and Trevor has a sponsor. Kind of strange.

Huh? He was quite successful in the Xfinity series. Maybe not all of the wins, I remember he had some bad luck in races he had mechanical issues or tires blowout on him. He would be a good fit with a lot of teams in Xfinity.

Maybe Trucks.

Bayne is Nikki Lauda compared to guys like Tifft, Cindric, and Brandon Jones

Maybe Bayne could replace Hemric in the #21. I'm sure he would do better than Tifft.

I think Shane Lee is going to the 2nd RCR full time ride while Hemric/Dillon's are probably gonna be in the 3. I would not mind seeing Bayne in NXS or Trucks as somewhat of a "veteran".

I think Shane Lee is going to the 2nd RCR full time ride while Hemric/Dillon's are probably gonna be in the 3. I would not mind seeing Bayne in NXS or Trucks as somewhat of a "veteran".
I totally forgot about Lee, but Bayne should get a decent ride in Xfinity (GMS maybe, if they expand to two cars).
He's a Daytona 500 champion, he has a sponsor and he's even young enough to get another shot in Cup in a few years.
He's even a month younger than Hemric:D.

Rumor has it that Hendrick Automotive Group will be the sponsor, Lowe's may come back for a few races.
Rumor also has it that Rick has a handshake agreement with Lowe's to wait for till the 2018 season is over before announcing their new sponsor.

Lowe's said they are not coming back after Hendrick I'm sure tried. Hendrick Automotive Group is possible I guess, but is that really sponsorship?

Hendrick Automotive Group is possible I guess, but is that really sponsorship?
Yes, It's a separate business entity of his and his partners. It has no physical connection to the race team or his other enterprises.

Heads are beginning to roll at JGR. Got to make room for Pearn and some of his gang. Doubt the atmosphere is very good around there about now.

Daniel Suarez gets new crew chief for final six races of season
Crew chief Scott Graves is leaving Joe Gibbs Racing and will be replaced immediately by Dave Rogers, the team announced Tuesday.

Rogers has served as technical director for JGR’s Xfinity operation. He will be the crew chief for Daniel Suarez the rest of the season.
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/1...new-crew-chief-for-final-six-races-of-season/

Time to put up or shut up for Matt D then. See if he's really gotten better since his shot with JGR in the Xfinity Series.
This is a bit of a cheap shot, IMO, if I read the stats correctly. DiBenedetto drove a Gibbs car in 2009 (age 17) for seven K&N races, won two of them and top-5 in two others, not bad for a 17 year old kid. In 2010 (age 18) he got six races in Xfinity... two top-10s, two accidents but running at finish, and two DNFs due to engine problems. Seems premature to judge the guy too harshly on those results at age 18.

What is a reasonable expectation for the Leavine Family #95 in 2019? Do you expect the cars and the team to be fully as capable as Furniture Row was in 1917-18?

What is a reasonable expectation for the Leavine Family #95 in 2019? Do you expect the cars and the team to be fully as capable as Furniture Row was in 1917-18?[/QUOTE]
No I don't. FR had Kurt Bush in the car for awhile and I think that helped them see what was lacking.
ALSO I think Cole Pearn has more to do with the success than Martin. I also think the #4 car's success is more about the CC than Harvick and no doubt SHR is benefiting in the other cars.
I don't trust Joe Gibbs and I would not be surprised to see Pearn leave after this contract.

I know all the Toyota fans don't want to hear this but JGR has very little to show (other than wins) for all the advantages they have. The CC's seem to come and go faster than wide receivers. :)

Time to put up or shut up for Matt D then. See if he's really gotten better since his shot with JGR in the Xfinity Series.
That bunch will be in the spotlight big time if they produce, but will pretty much vanish if they don't. Hard to say, Kahne running for that team wasn't much different from McDowell. Strange move by the Yoters to take a winner off the board and go this route IMO.

Thank you new found Toyota fans for your unbiased insight and wisdom. Have another nugget.

Heads are beginning to roll at JGR. Got to make room for Pearn and some of his gang. Doubt the atmosphere is very good around there about now.

Daniel Suarez gets new crew chief for final six races of season
Crew chief Scott Graves is leaving Joe Gibbs Racing and will be replaced immediately by Dave Rogers, the team announced Tuesday.

Rogers has served as technical director for JGR’s Xfinity operation. He will be the crew chief for Daniel Suarez the rest of the season.
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/1...new-crew-chief-for-final-six-races-of-season/

Interesting as Graves has won Xfinity championships with Buescher and Saurez. He has been with Saurez since 2016, I wonder what went wrong there?

I think the move to Toyota and having a young hungry driver in Matt D will elevate the 95 to about what Suarez has done this season

This! I 100 % agree probably around 15-20th most of the time some top 10s a few top 5s battling for a playoff spot. Solid results

Official Matt D to the 95 and 95 to a toyota

Here’s his paint scheme for the 2019 season:
BEE503D1-D24C-45C5-8EA7-5D711CCF76AC.jpeg

Good for Matt D, he's a super nice guy But I'm not looking for them to be the next 78 since Pearn isnt part of the deal ;)

Back
Top Bottom