SILLY SEASON 2019

I am excited to see what TRD can do to help this team and this driver. Any day a new TRD powered Toyota team comes into the sport is a great day!

Strange comment to make, could be Suarez didn't want to play.

Jimmy Makar, JGR senior vice president of racing operations, was happy to see DiBenedetto get this shot, although, without naming anyone specific, admitted JGR had hoped to move one of its drivers to LFR.

"It would have been nice to be able to do that, but things don't always work out perfectly," Makar said. "It really wasn't our decision to force that on anybody."

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...vine-family-racing-2019-replacing-kasey-kahne

For Matt D, probably a step up. For Suarez, DEFINATELY a step down. If I were him, and I had ANY other options, I would tell JGR to pound sand too.

I could see Suarez getting the 1 car next year. I know Kurt Busch is supposed to be in it, but I could see Suarez as the fallback.

Cars Without Drivers...
Ganassi #1 (Widely reported Ku.Busch is done deal)
Gibbs #19 (Widely reported Truex is done deal)
SHR #41 ?? (Suarez reportedly in negotiations)
Go FAS #32
Front Row (ex-BK Racing) #23

Drivers in 2018 Without Cars...
Kurt Busch
Martin Truex Jr.

Daniel Suarez ?? (Negotiating w/ SHR #41)
Jamie McMurray ?? (I expect retirement)
A.J. Allmendinger - Is he a candidate for the 32 or 23??
Trevor Bayne - Ditto
J.J. Yeley - Ditto

Xfinity Series Prospects...
Justin Allgaier (Xfinity JR Motorsports)
Christopher Bell (Xfinity Joe Gibbs Racing)
Cole Custer (Not ready for Cup, but 2019 not announced)

This is a bit of a cheap shot, IMO, if I read the stats correctly. DiBenedetto drove a Gibbs car in 2009 (age 17) for seven K&N races, won two of them and top-5 in two others, not bad for a 17 year old kid. In 2010 (age 18) he got six races in Xfinity... two top-10s, two accidents but running at finish, and two DNFs due to engine problems. Seems premature to judge the guy too harshly on those results at age 18.

What is a reasonable expectation for the Leavine Family #95 in 2019? Do you expect the cars and the team to be fully as capable as Furniture Row was in 1917-18?
Considering what some other relatively inexperienced guys have done in JGR or similar equipment, it's still a bit of a slight even though it may not be the biggest sample size. He didn't qualify particularly well either, not even as well as Brad Coleman. Certainly not as well as Logano had done a couple of years earlier. I think it's a big opportunity for him, and maybe not necessarily one he's earned as compared to guys like Preece or Hemric who have proven themselves to a degree at the Xfinity level and wound up in mid-tier Cup rides. It will be really interesting if they get Bell in a second car for a few races and then we'll have a really good idea of how he stacks up. I just think a lot of his hype/fandom is overstated given what he has to show for so far.

Realistically, I don't know why Suarez-level results wouldn't be attainable in 2019. FRR still were more established and had some years of relevance under their belt with the RCR/ECR alliance.

Joey Gase in the 32 I think, hasn't been a total hackjob on the track, doesn't show a lot of speed though. Would like to see AJ in a Front Row Motorsports car, but I bet he goes to sports cars or open wheel.

Joey Gase in the 32 I think, hasn't been a total hackjob on the track, doesn't show a lot of speed though. Would like to see AJ in a Front Row Motorsports car, but I bet he goes to sports cars or open wheel.
AJ will race for whomever can pay him.

sounds like that wasn't a seat everybody was dying to get into.

I agree with this. First choice was Daniel. Second Kasey. Third Matt D. This is not a step up in a quest for another Manufacturers Championship, but LFR has the capacity and the willingness to go to two cars in the future. It was what Toyota had to do with FRR going away. I think that there will be a big Toyota signing next year to go with this. Might even read between the lines, and suggest that there was attempt this year, but they ran out of time.

@Taco How is your broccoli and cheese soup? Still waiting on mine.

Bill McAnally Racing probably with Deegan running part time and veteran or other driver to fill out the schedule is my guess

Last edited:
Oh **** man, it looks like Lilly's is leaving Roush and Reed looks like he's done with Roush at least. Man, this is not good for Roush in terms of sponsorship. I hope the Xfinity program is not scrappes, but Lilly's will still be involved with NASCAR. They are the offical "diabetes" partner in NASCAR. I wonder what will happen with Reed?

Oh sh!t man, it looks like Lilly's is leaving Roush and Reed looks like he's done with Roush at least. Man, this is not good for Roush in terms of sponsorship. I hope the Xfinity program is not scrappes, but Lilly's will still be involved with NASCAR. They are the offical "diabetes" partner in NASCAR. I wonder what will happen with Reed?

Probably go down to a lower series where he belongs

Oh sh!t man, it looks like Lilly's is leaving Roush and Reed looks like he's done with Roush at least. Man, this is not good for Roush in terms of sponsorship. I hope the Xfinity program is not scrappes, but Lilly's will still be involved with NASCAR. They are the offical "diabetes" partner in NASCAR. I wonder what will happen with Reed?

Roush wont have as many wrecked cars at least.

Great Value Ricky Stenhouse. A couple of plate miracles, generally underperforming and often erratic.

Bye.

And the field breathes a sigh of relief that hopefully Ryan Reed will go down the road.

Back
Top Bottom