SILLY SEASON 2019

I like the guy and he's had a solid season, but that rash of bad luck he had didn't really help him. He has like what 17-18 top 10s' this year and won at Daytona. I think it just comes down to money because BBR, his grandfather owned Broken Bow, sold the company not that long ago. This is why you don't see BBR backing him anymore.

He's a good driver and I think he should be given a second year, but he might not have the money needed for the seat. RCR with the 21 being open might be a good option for Reddick.

I like the guy and he's had a solid season, but that rash of bad luck he had didn't really help him.

He's a good driver and I think he should be given a second year, but he might not have the money needed for the seat.
I figured you would say that, I kinda know what you are going to say sometimes before you say it. I'm not a Reddick fan, he was out of control in Kez's trucks, has been mostly for Jr, he wrecks a lot, and his only win for Jr was at a plate tack I believe. But having said that, compared to Jr's Michael Annett's performance, it doesn't make sense unless money is involved.

I figured you would say that, I kinda know what you are going to say sometimes before you say it. I'm not a Reddick fan, he was out of control in Kez's trucks, has been mostly for Jr, he wrecks a lot, and his only win for Jr was at a plate tack I believe. But having said that, compared to Jr's Michael Annett's performance, it doesn't make sense unless money is involved.
Dale Jr has said many times his team's hires are mostly money driven. I could see someone like Friesen going to the 9 with the Halmar money.

You're such a mind-reader.:rolleyes:

Anyways, he might become a candidate for the 21. That's if money will no be involved, if South Point covers the car next year like they have for Hemric.

You're such a mind-reader.:rolleyes:

Anyways, he might become a candidate for the 21. That's if money will no be involved, if South Point covers the car next year like they have for Hemric.
Spenser is saying they are having tryouts for the 21 car FWIW.

Algier will not be getting a cup ride in this life time.
He is in the best ride he will have.

Pardon Moi. :D
The 42 may be a better car than JMS puts out BUT Ganasi isn't running that car
for old drivers. I think it is for searching for the next best thing in the pipeline.
yeah the 42 car is leading the owner points, it's a good team, and the ride Chastain and Nemo gave it along with the cupper Larson's 3 wins in it has it in the lead by 41 points ahead of Mr. Second place Hemric.

Pardon Moi. :D
The 42 may be a better car than JMS puts out BUT Ganasi isn't running that car
for old drivers. I think it is for searching for the next best thing in the pipeline.
Only problem is I dont see chip being able to hold on to a big name driver for too long. Only reason Larson is still there is because he let's him run so much dirt.

I can't see him offering anything that couldn't be bettered by the likes of Penske, HMS, JGR or SHR

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Only problem is I dont see chip being able to hold on to a big name driver for too long. Only reason Larson is still there is because he let's him run so much dirt.

I can't see him offering anything that couldn't be bettered by the likes of Penske, HMS, JGR or SHR

It could be that Chip has been holding until this next season car is going to race.
With Larson signed for a few more years, I am anxious to know what deal Kurt has.
I suspect he will get a 2 year deal and that means they need a Xfinity driver ready
to move up then. CGR dependence on HMS for engines could be holding them back.
Remember the man who tunes that engine is a HMS employee and I doubt Rick wants to get beat by his own engines. I don't understand Penske letting his engine program be dictated to by Yates and it makes me wonder if SHR engines are also controlled.

Wouldn't surprise me if Larson does a Carl at some time in the future. I don't think they have the car in this configuration to compete for a title. If Kurt Busch comes over to Ganassi, it will be a pretty good comparison to judge the equipment.

Wouldn't surprise me if Larson does a Carl at some time in the future. I don't think they have the car in this configuration to compete for a title. If Kurt Busch comes over to Ganassi, it will be a pretty good comparison to judge the equipment.
But next season the racing changes again because the cars change. Each change suits different styles of racing. This 2019 car just might get Brad his second championship as I think the driver will be the difference in 2019.
It could also get JJ #8

Were Suarez and the sponsor a package deal or were they separate? If they were separate then why wouldn’t JGR want to hang onto them for the 19 team?

But next season the racing changes again because the cars change. Each change suits different styles of racing. This 2019 car just might get Brad his second championship as I think the driver will be the difference in 2019.
It could also get JJ #8
yeah after I posted that I remembered the whole thing is getting a re boot. I would think it will favor some drivers more then others.

Sees how much fun Kasey has running sprint cars and is like nah I'm out

Penske's the only one on that list that offers the chance at an Indy 500 car.

Sees how much fun Kasey has running sprint cars and is like nah I'm out
Larson already has a sprint car team with another driver, in fact this weekend at the WoO finals at Charlotte he has a new driver he has signed to drive the car. Not starting a rumor that Larson is going to jump, but when his contract is up ya never know. The thing I like at Larson is he tells it like he sees it. It isn't all I want to thank my sponsor and yada yada yada

I wonder what Shane Lee's path will be, Childress is running him in the 3 car since cupper Austin can't. He's brand new but doing pretty well for himself coming up from the lower ranks.

I love that he's up front about running Cup strictly for the money, with the long-term goal of running sprint / dirt.
Has Larson said that? I know a lot of fans say it, but I don't think Larson has. He said he plans to race sprint cars full time by the time he is 40, after 20 years in Nascar.

AP story about Larson's comments:

Kyle Larson loves NASCAR, isn’t headed to dirt tracks soon

“I think maybe some people aren’t quite as open-minded, maybe,” Larson said. “It’s like they read it as if I said in two years from now, I wanted to do it. I mean, 15 years from now, that would put me 20 years in Cup, so that is a long time. I think Jeff Gordon spent about that much time in the sport, but I don’t know.

“Maybe I don’t do the best job in the world of talking about how much I love NASCAR as much as I do sprint cars, but I do. I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t love NASCAR racing...

“I enjoy sprint cars, and I feel like I talk about sprint cars a lot just to open people’s eyes to that style of racing because it’s a great form or racing, and so is NASCAR,” Larson said. “I just want fans to be fans of motorsports, not just NASCAR, and not just sprint cars. I would like to see everybody just enjoy all of racing...."

Unless JRM didn't have money to keep him around I don't see where he comes out ahead jumping to RCR

Tyler Reddick's family has a lot of money. He brings money, though he's fairly talented compared to other ride buyers. I'm not sure if RCR is better than JRM, but it's not like the 21 car/team which he'll probably be working with isn't just as competitive, Matt Tifft has actually gotten better since moving from JGR to RCR.

My hope is McMurray or Bayne in the 9, the Xfinity Series could use a veteran presence.

Tyler Reddick's family has a lot of money. He brings money, though he's fairly talented compared to other ride buyers. I'm not sure if RCR is better than JRM, but it's not like the 21 car/team which he'll probably be working with isn't just as competitive, Matt Tifft has actually gotten better since moving from JGR to RCR.

My hope is McMurray or Bayne in the 9, the Xfinity Series could use a veteran presence.

Hemric proved that RCR cars are competitive. He was pretty good last year and this year he has been within a whisker of winning two races outright. You never know Reddick could be a good fit with the personalities involved at RCR and maybe it wasn't so at JRM. Time will tell. I saw an abrupt change in his driving style towards the end of the season, don't know what that was about. I'm not a big Bayne fan, I like to watch good aggressive drivers, not a chop job like a Ryan Reed or a give away spot driver like Bayne appears to be.. McMurray out of that bunch for me, but on the other hand a guy like Shane Lee, an older driver from the lower ranks or somebody similar would work for me. Most of these teenagers they bring up that are ARCA or K&N champs and jump them over the trucks and into an Xfinity car usually is a bad deal for them and the team. Too green.

Bayne did not have a great stint at RFR, but I wouldn't say he's a complete joke of a driver compared to others. We will see, but I've been on the Kenseth bandwagon for a few years, and have a hard time believing that the 6 car just doesn't plain stink.

The Xfinity Series could still use an Elliott Sadler type of driver in the playoffs and McMurray would be a good driver for that. Or they could just make the 9 into an All-Star car with Bowman, Byron, Chase running 7 races, along with Josh Berry and other guys splitting the rest of the races.

So far JRM/Hendrick have used all four cars for full time drivers. I am not a fan of all star cars like Penske, Gibbs and Childress use myself. I know all about the arguments, past history yada yada yada. I'm greedy I guess, like to see guys who have designated themselves to be Xfinity drivers to race in the series. Racing up into another series is good, racing down a series or sometimes two just doesn't sit well, old timers like Harvick and Bush, Kez and Logano have no business there and there is a growing fan base that doesn't like it either. They make enough money racing in cup full time. Even letting younger drivers race down I don't think is a good idea. If they aren't experienced enough to race in cup they shouldn't be there in the first place. Cup should be the pinnacle, the best, the top.

Back
Top Bottom