SILLY SEASON 2019

A lot of what happens at CGR will depend on his crew. The best drivers can't win without
a winning crew backing him up.

Theres a rumor that some super good engineer may be coming over this winter. That could be great.

Theres a rumor that some super good engineer may be coming over this winter. That could be great.
We have certainly see that happen at SHR.
One new CC takes Kevin Harvick to a championship*
And then all the cars have risen to the top 15.

It looks like Tanner Gray the 19 year old 2018 NHRA pro stock champion is going to leave drag racing and race in the K&N series for the DGR - Crosley team in 2019.

13 starts was enough to get KB a championship. If he was getting points for his efforts
he is a Cup driver. I was surprised at first but there is more to life than racing.

I'm pretty sick of him winning in that cheated up Yoter frankly, but I don't want him to leave the series

Other downside to Kurt moving is my wife complains every time he switches teams and I gotta spend that $ on new flags, shirts, diecast etc.

As far as a rumor on the lower end of the totem pole Matt tifft is rumored to run a third car for Front Row Motorsports next year with the number 36

As far as a rumor on the lower end of the totem pole Matt tifft is rumored to run a third car for Front Row Motorsports next year with the number 36
At least they stuck to a number scheme I hate when teams are all over the place with it.

Conor Daly to the 9...or something, Idk.

Attachments

• B1DC5C63-1973-4515-8D4C-00FE56C3E8B2.jpeg
    B1DC5C63-1973-4515-8D4C-00FE56C3E8B2.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 268
It looks like Tanner Gray the 19 year old 2018 NHRA pro stock champion is going to leave drag racing and race in the K&N series for the DGR - Crosley team in 2019.

He ran some in Pro Late Models out at Southern National Motorsports Park a few years ago, also ran a race in the CARS Tour. May have run some PASS as well but I don't really follow that series.

I mean for me personally I don't really care but if a person is a Junior Motorsports fan how much do they really want a guy like Stewart Friesen I'm pretty sure he's like 35 years old
Yeah that's a valid point. However that's a lot younger than Sadler, could be good for the youngins.

Yeah that's a valid point. However that's a lot younger than Sadler, could be good for the youngins.

The guy that I would want in my car especially if I was a Chevy fan and or a Junior Motorsports fan would be John Hunter Nemechek I think that kid has a ton of talent and he hasn't really gotten the breaks he deserves

It's just my personal opinion, but I don't support Stewart Friesen because of the way he ran his mouth about the Kevin Ward accident. He attributed malicious intent to Tony Stewart and seems to think he is a clairvoyant or something.

It's just my personal opinion, but I don't support Stewart Friesen because of the way he ran his mouth about the Kevin Ward accident. He attributed malicious intent to Tony Stewart and seems to think he is a clairvoyant or something.

I just had remembered Friesen calling Stewart a "weapon". That could definitely play a role.

I wasn't aware of that. Yikes. Bad look for Friesen

Friesen and his wife (Tony's ex gf) were friends with Ward, which likely played some role in their judgment of the situation. Friesen seemed to believe quite strongly the theory that Stewart intended to intimidate or show his displeasure with Ward. He stopped short of accusing Stewart of deliberately hitting him, but did ascribe reckless irresponsibility.

I try not to blame anyone involved or witness to that situation. It was a horrendous tragedy that can't ever be made right. I personally do not believe that Stewart was reckless or negligent that night, whereas Ward demonstrably was. However, I may feel differently if I had known Ward personally.

He ran some in Pro Late Models out at Southern National Motorsports Park a few years ago, also ran a race in the CARS Tour. May have run some PASS as well but I don't really follow that series.
Did he look like he has any talent in the circle cars?

Did he look like he has any talent in the circle cars?
Not sure of his talent, but this was the press release from a couple of months ago:
DGR-Crosley announced today that they have added NHRA Drag Racing standout Tanner Gray to their driver roster for 2019. Gray will compete full-time in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East, as well as run select K&N Pro Series West and ARCA Racing Series events throughout the season. Tanner's younger brother, Taylor Gray, will also race full-time in a Late Model Stock Car for DGR-Crosley in 2019.

Tanner, who is currently the top contender for the NHRA Pro Stock Championship in 2018, has competed in the series the last two seasons. He has collected 11 Pro Stock national event wins and made his mark by becoming the youngest winner in NHRA history at the age of seventeen. While the 19-year-old has excelled in drag racing, he encompasses a wealth of racing experience throughout his young career from running micro sprints on dirt to racing late models on asphalt.

"I'm excited to get back to what I grew up doing. Everyone wants to know why I am transitioning to stock cars, but really, drag racing is newer to me than stock car racing. I grew up racing micro sprints, then outlaw karts at Millbridge [Speedway] and some late model stuff with LFR. Stock car racing was the plan all along for me," said Tanner.

"Overall, I feel like NASCAR provides more of a future for younger people, and that was the main reason for my decision. I love racing, and with the NHRA, you show up for three days and you're guaranteed four runs for six seconds. That's not a lot of seat time. I wanted something that had more dependency on the driver and something that provided more time behind the wheel. I toured the shop with David [Gilliland], and we just felt like their program was the right choice for both Taylor and I."

The youngest Gray, Taylor, made his stock car debut earlier this year at Hickory Motor Speedway. Less than two months behind the wheel and he found his way to victory lane in a limited late model. Before racing late models, the 13-year-old Mooresville, N.C., native raced outlaw karts.

"We're super excited to have Tanner and Taylor on board for next year," said team co-owner David Gilliland. "They come from a great racing background, and both boys have shown they have the natural talent and ability to achieve success in motorsports for many years to come. We started our driver development program for situations exactly like this. It'll be fun to get them in our equipment and watch them prosper and grow within the sport in the coming years."

DGR-Crosley will compete in late model stocks, super late models, NASCAR K&N Pro Series, ARCA Racing Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series events in 2019.

I just had remembered Friesen calling Stewart a "weapon". That could definitely play a role.
I mean, even if you disregard 'the incident', he's not wrong. I'm not sure how anyone could witness Stewart's numerous on-track outbursts and think otherwise.

Isn't he married to one of Tony's old girlfriends? Could be part of the dislike towards him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom