SILLY SEASON 2019

I actually really like that Preece car lol but I'm a big fan of color blocking and contrasting colors.

https://mailchi.mp/369ec7065a86/tommy-baldwin-racing-expected-to-return-to-the-mencs-in-2019

Tommy Baldwin racing coming back in 2019 for select cup races, including the Daytona 500
"TBR will field a single car team for select races throughout the year, starting with the season opener, Daytona 500 at Daytona International Speedway in February."

'Selected races' are defined as the Daytona and Talladega races. I'm glad to see Tommy back in the game, but I suspect those four races will make up the majority of his schedule.

I’m excited for this move for RCR, I always thought RC should have kept Stockman with AD as he came up to Cup. Hope this works, I want to see RCR and the 3 winning races and contending for championships. But....just how many crew chiefs is Dillon going to go through?? How many is this for him?

Briscoe has himself a pretty decent Xfinity ride next year. Looks like SHR and Biagi extended their partnership with a 12 race primary sponsor. Xfinity is rounding up some good talent for next year

I’m excited for this move for RCR, I always thought RC should have kept Stockman with AD as he came up to Cup. Hope this works, I want to see RCR and the 3 winning races and contending for championships. But....just how many crew chiefs is Dillon going to go through?? How many is this for him?
I think winning races next year, besides a one off, shouldn't really be their goal for next season. I think if he could consistently run near the top 10 would be a huge improvement. I don't think he would have even made the playoffs this year on points without his win?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5:56 AM CT
  • i

Scott PageESPN
Cody Ware said it is possible to see him run more races in NASCAR's premier series in 2019.

As for a potential Rookie-of-the-Year campaign, "Potentially, we'll see what happens," he said.

The 23-year-old driver has competed in nine races in NASCAR's top series across two seasons.

Rick Ware Racing will be entering its third full-time season of competition in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in 2019.

"I think Rick Ware Racing is going to two full-time charters next year, and I think that we're going to keep growing, and each and every year," Ware said.

The team secured a charter from Richard Petty Motorsports in December of 2017. No word on where the second charter could come from.

I think winning races next year, besides a one off, shouldn't really be their goal for next season. I think if he could consistently run near the top 10 would be a huge improvement. I don't think he would have even made the playoffs this year on points without his win?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Not sure I agree because they’ve won a race each the past two years. They’re goal should be to get in contention to win multiple times next year. Why can’t they build on winning last year? If they put themselves in contention each week they will be running inside the top 10 automatically. Im really not sure however if they are in position to do that. They ran a bit better after they were eliminated but too many weeks something was missing. Hope they figure it out. I don’t use the arguement “well if he didn’t win a race he wouldn’t have made the playoffs.” That’s the system they use...win and your in. All they need is a win to be a playoff team, as flawed as I find that logic.

Not sure I agree because they’ve won a race each the past two years. They’re goal should be to get in contention to win multiple times next year. Why can’t they build on winning last year? If they put themselves in contention each week they will be running inside the top 10 automatically. Im really not sure however if they are in position to do that. They ran a bit better after they were eliminated but too many weeks something was missing. Hope they figure it out. I don’t use the arguement “well if he didn’t win a race he wouldn’t have made the playoffs.” That’s the system they use...win and your in. All they need is a win to be a playoff team, as flawed as I find that logic.

I do, I use the win and your in. The three had the rear end fall out of it at one point. Embarrassing if ya ask me. Stockman who was Hemeric's crew chief the last couple of years hasn't forgot about it either, and he vows to show up at the track with a decent race car next year for Dillion. Will see if he can drive it. Newman has showed his anger with their setups on many occasions. RCR isn't that good right now. Hemric and Stockman in the Xfinity series were their only bright spot, and they couldn't get a win in that series.

I do, I use the win and your in. The three had the rear end fall out of it at one point. Embarrassing if ya ask me. Stockman who was Hemeric's crew chief the last couple of years hasn't forgot about it either, and he vows to show up at the track with a decent race car next year for Dillion. Will see if he can drive it. Newman has showed his anger with their setups on many occasions. RCR isn't that good right now. Hemric and Stockman in the Xfinity series were their only bright spot, and they couldn't get a win in that series.
Very embarrassing, and I believe it happened in a playoff race if my memory doesn’t betray me. I agree in that I think Stockman will clean it up on the 3 where at least they will be prepared. All I was trying to say was that if I was RC I would have paired Dillon with Stockman from the start. Newman seemed eager to get the hell out of there after the Phoenix race.

Because the race they won was a plate race. Based on the drivers and teams who have won those and nothing else, they appear to be the easiest to win and the least indicative of future performance.
yep, they hit the jackpot, lottery or whatever you want to call it. Same as Almirolla, in the rain and Buescher in the fog. Pure luck for teams that slow

Because the race they won was a plate race. Based on the drivers and teams who have won those and nothing else, they appear to be the easiest to win and the least indicative of future performance.
Not saying you personally Charlie, you’ve been a okay with me but this board likes to dimiss wins. A win is a win, so I should dismiss Dillon’s 2 Cup wins and pretend they never happen because he was the recipient of fortuneous circumstances? The team and AD closed out two wins in the two of the four biggest races on the calendar in the last two years. That’s not at the least bit clutch? I get RCR isn’t at the level of JGR, SHR and not even The top Chevy team in Their own camp but to just say “he won a plate race and a fuel mileage race, thank you next” I don’t agree with that thinking. The dude has the trophies in those races, I don’t care how he got them.

Not saying you personally Charlie, you’ve been a okay with me but this board likes to dimiss wins. A win is a win, so I should dismiss Dillon’s 2 Cup wins and pretend they never happen because he was the recipient of fortuneous circumstances? The team and AD closed out two wins in the two of the four biggest races on the calendar in the last two years. That’s not at the least bit clutch? I get RCR isn’t at the level of JGR, SHR and not even The top Chevy team in Their own camp but to just say “he won a plate race and a fuel mileage race, thank you next” I don’t agree with that thinking. The dude has the trophies in those races, I don’t care how he got them.

I agree that a win is a win is a win and the pay is the same as is the trophy regardless of how it was accomplished . However I think adding context is always useful to get the most accurate picture of how the win happened. Was it a case like Buescher or at a plate track where 3/4 of field was wrecked or was it a fuel mileage win? Was it like Brett Bodine’s win in the Quaker State Buick?

A win is a win as far as the record books go. A win at a plate race isn't a win at 1.5'er or a short track as far as being something you can build on, which is what you asked about.

A win is a win as far as the record books go. A win at a plate race isn't a win at 1.5'er or a short track as far as being something you can build on, which is what you asked about.
If I remember correctly the 600 win was won with strategy instead of outright speed. Hey I am not trolling RCR, but the record speaks for itself. There isn't much if any to build on. Really interested if Hemric hits the wall when he runs one of their cup cars compared to his season in Xfinity. The win and your in has saved them much scrutiny for both years.

Dillon won two races with Alexander, including the 2017 Coca-Cola 600 in their first start together and this season’s Daytona 500. They are Dillon’s only Cup wins. In 60 starts together, Dillon and Alexander had just four top fives and 11 top 10s. They made the playoffs each year through their two wins.
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/1...o-take-over-as-austin-dillons-cup-crew-chief/

Front Row Racing Announcement

Matt Tifft confirmed? Interesting to see, but Matt really impressed me last season with his growth as he got on with Hemric so well last year. Much improved over his JGR days, lets hope FRM can continue to improve. I love this organization and Bob Jenkins is a great owner as well. They just continue to press on every season.

sounds like Tifft will become a member of the Nascar grand prix group. A bunch of guys in the back call themselves that. There was an article from one of them that told of the strategy they play, when it is time to race hard for another higher tier of prize money, or to save the expense of another set of tires and stay where they are. It is a different race they run when the funds aren't there.

Front Row Racing Announcement

The world order won't change, but a third car for Front Row Motorsports would seem to be a step up for the sport from what BK Racing brought to the table. Front Row bought the BK Racing charter and maybe some other assets in the bankruptcy auction, IIRC.

yeah they did, I haven't figured out if they all have a charter next year. The leased one of Petty's last year, I don't know if they can do that two years in a row or not.

sounds like Tifft will become a member of the Nascar grand prix group. A bunch of guys in the back call themselves that. There was an article from one of them that told of the strategy they play, when it is time to race hard for another higher tier of prize money, or to save the expense of another set of tires and stay where they are. It is a different race they run when the funds aren't there.
Any chance you can find that article? It sounds fascinating.

The leased one of Petty's last year, I don't know if they can do that two years in a row or not.
They can't. Petty has to use it themselves or lose it. I don't know what the rules say about using the one they leased out in '18 to cover the #43 in '19, and leasing out the charter they used for the #43 in '18 to someone else in '19. o_O

I am sorry I really think about this differently. I know they are really really far off from being upfront every week and if I had to bet my mortgage, I'd bet it'd be more of the same next year. But I think the combo of Stockman and Dillon is something positive for RCR. I will ask though...... who's farther off from their glory days Roush or RCR?

If I remember correctly the 600 win was won with strategy instead of outright speed. Hey I am not trolling RCR, but the record speaks for itself. There isn't much if any to build on. Really interested if Hemric hits the wall when he runs one of their cup cars compared to his season in Xfinity. The win and your in has saved them much scrutiny for both years.

Dillon won two races with Alexander, including the 2017 Coca-Cola 600 in their first start together and this season’s Daytona 500. They are Dillon’s only Cup wins. In 60 starts together, Dillon and Alexander had just four top fives and 11 top 10s. They made the playoffs each year through their two wins.
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/1...o-take-over-as-austin-dillons-cup-crew-chief/
600 was a fuel strategy win. No need to Troll RCR, the numbers are what they are. It's been a rough go of it since pretty much Harvick left the 29. I will be interested to see how Hemeric does in the 31 or will it be the 8?

600 was a fuel strategy win. No need to Troll RCR, the numbers are what they are. It's been a rough go of it since pretty much Harvick left the 29. I will be interested to see how Hemeric does in the 31 or will it be the 8?
Hemric is your sign about if it is the driver or the car next year. He is a pretty good indicator if he sucks that it is the equipment and I do think a lot of it is the equipment, but I have never been high on Dillion record or not. Hemric drives smart. Dillion is a blunderbuss IMO.

Hemric is your sign about if it is the driver or the car next year. He is a pretty good indicator if he sucks that it is the equipment and I do think a lot of it is the equipment, but I have never been high on Dillion record or not. Hemric drives smart. Dillion is a blunderbuss IMO.
fair enough. I'd rate Hemric higher as well, I think he's just the younger type of driver ( even though he's not that young) that RCR needs to evaluate itself. I almost hope he drives circles around AD to make RC a bit uncomfortable.

I agree with @Snappy D that all wins count, especially at the Cup level. It is unfortunate the way some people here try to denigrate or undermine wins scored by drivers that are not their favorite driver. It comes across as petty and jealous behavior, IMO.

Having said that, the case of Austin Dillon is a special case in its pattern of results, according to Yahoo Sports. Nick Bromberg looked at all of Austin Dillon's NASCAR wins since 2016 (three Xfinity and two Cup), and showed that all five are fluky, lucky wins...

https://sports.yahoo.com/austin-dillon-luckiest-driver-nascar-233214468.html?src=rss

Is Austin Dillon the luckiest driver in NASCAR?

That Xfinity Series win [at Michigan yesterday] was Dillon’s fifth win in either the Cup Series or Xfinity Series since the start of the 2016 season. All five of those races have come under extremely fortunate and/or unique circumstances. Let’s take a look. This could be the craziest stretch of wins in NASCAR history....

Back
Top Bottom