SILLY SEASON 2019

From the Associated Press: Carlos Slim Domit, the son of a billionaire businessman who has long backed driver Daniel Suarez, says he will continue to support NASCAR’s first Mexican champion in 2019. “It’s been a very nice season and hopefully we have good news for next year,” Domit said Sunday at Homestead-Miami Speedway. “We all feel very proud of what he has accomplished.”

i

Scott Page, ESPN4h ago

With Kenseth, McMurray and Kahne all gone, how many of the Winston-era drivers are left? Just Kurt Busch, Harvick, Jimmie and Newman?

With Kenseth, McMurray and Kahne all gone, how many of the Winston-era drivers are left? Just Kurt Busch, Harvick, Jimmie and Newman?
Kasey never raced in the Winston era, rookie year was 2004 first for Nextel.

Derrike Cope if you want to count him.

Anyone else see the rumor about Natalie Decker replacing Brett Moffit at Hattori? Talk about a downgrade if that happens.

Anyone else see the rumor about Natalie Decker replacing Brett Moffit at Hattori? Talk about a downgrade if that happens.

Interesting, but Natalie would be a good prospect to pickup and most importantly she has sponsorship.

Moffitt will probably get a ride elsewhere, I hope he gets a ride in the Xfinity series. Moffitt has earned his right to move up, the 9 car is still open for next season. Hopefully, Jr will consider him as it is still open.

Kurt Busch, Harvick, Johnson and Newman are all that are left that competed for a Winston Cup
That's unreal when you think about it, might be a reason why Nascar is declining, I don't know....but the characters of Nascar like Sterling Marlin, Jimmy Spencer, and the like are what made it fun to watch. It seems stale now and plastic, hopefully some of the new kids coming up will change that.

That's unreal when you think about it, might be a reason why Nascar is declining, I don't know....but the characters of Nascar like Sterling Marlin, Jimmy Spencer, and the like are what made it fun to watch. It seems stale now and plastic, hopefully some of the new kids coming up will change that.

I think if you keep your head tilted properly, everything is declining.

You must be delusional, because I speak the truth and I see the reality of the sport....I'm a debbie downer because I point out what's wrong with the sport?It's time all you apologists stopped looking throgh your rose colored glasses.

I'm not delusional at all, I know there are plenty of things that are not to my standards. At the same time, the sport is not dying or anything. The sport is regulating more than anything and has been since the bubble burst. All of the experts are comparing '18 to '14 and the reason for that seasons success? You had Gordon and Jr winning what 7 or 8 races combined that season. Folks were tuning in bunches to see that, no tapered spacers and the racing was good that season. The racing this previous season was the best seen with the Gen 6 car, a lot of excitement and passing on track at all configurations.

I don't like the '19 package but, I'm more than willing to give it a chance. The gimmicks are what they are, but considering how the mixed reaction was. I'm not sure what folks think and so called fans who are mad about Logano winning and ****, **** them to be honest. They are not truly fans like your constant moaning and groaning. There are plenty of negatives, but the sky is not falling like folks think. The fanatics deal falling in was alarming, but merchandise is still sold online by the bunches.

Probably should google what a troll is, your spots are showing.
It's been losing TV viewers. It's having trouble filling the stands, even afterlosing tens of thousands of seats from its stadiums. And perhaps most worrisome of all, it's losing sponsors, and those that remain are paying less than they used to.

So what went so wrong with NASCAR?
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/27/nascar-racing-fans-sponsors-viewers.html
To be clear, TV ratings have taken a beating. The Wall Street Journal reported that NASCAR's television viewership is down 45 percent since its peak in 2005.

after all of the constant deathbedding and criticizing the people who post racing information what has it accomplished? The flag is going to fall at Daytona in February in other words, absolutely nothing.;)

When You admit Nascar is in trouble, that's when I will take you seriously , until then you are the troll posting your"everything is ok bullshiit".
I will never need you to take me seriously. you aren't accomplishing anything here.

You must be delusional, because I speak the truth and I see the reality of the sport....I'm a debbie downer because I point out what's wrong with the sport?It's time all you apologists stopped looking throgh your rose colored glasses.
You NEVER mention anything RIGHT with the sport. That's exactly why I blocked you. I'm an idiot for checking for blocked content and expecting you'll ever say anything positive.

The sport is not going to return to the phenomenal numbers of the fanatic boom years; that's part of what defines phenoms and booms. But NASCAR got along well enough before those years; it will continue to get along, just at a more appropriate level.

We've seen the best racing in years. Yes, they're going to change the cars, and yes, they may lose me. But I'm under no delusions that my potentially leaving will keep NASCAR from continuing to operate profitably.

Last edited:
I do ment
You NEVER mention anything RIGHT with the sport.

The sport is not going to return to the phenomenal numbers of the fanatic boom years; that's part of what defines phenoms and booms. But NASCAR got along well enough before those years; it will continue to get along, just at a more appropriate level.

We've seen the best racing in years. Yes, they're going to change the cars, and yes, they may lose me. But I'm under no delusions that my potentially leaving will keep NASCAR from continuing to operate profitably.
I mentioned all this season that it was the best racing we had seen in awhile, that a rules package change wasn't needed. Do tell me how Standonit mentions anything wrong with it?

The sport isn't dying huh? That's why the Homestead race had empty seats, tv viewing is down substantialy....big name sponsors are leaving the sport. Yeh, but it's ok, everything is fine...wake the **** up.
Sponsors come and go all the time as well, when one leaves we have seen others begin to step in. Its not going to be to the extent of older sponsors covering an entire season. More one offs and spots for sponsorship, there is still plenty of interest in NASCAR. Yet, its you who fail to realize its not the end of the freaking world.

Last edited by a moderator:
The race sold out you ******* imbecile. Actually read for once you idiot, this is why I ignore your sorry ass. **** out of here, you say you love racing and you sh!t on everything you get the chance to. You don't love racing at all.
If Homestead sold out why all the empty seats? I'll correct you there, the ticket agencies bought the seats and even they could not sell them at discount rates. If you want to call that a sell out, go ahead and spin it dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Homestead sold out why all the empty seats? I'll correct you there, the ticket agencies bought the seats and even they could not sell them at discount rates. If you want to call that a sell out, go ahead and spin it dude. And I couldn't give a shiit if you ignore me, another poster who can't stand an opposing opinion.

It has nothing to do with a differing opinion, its the fact that you act like you know everything. I've already given opinion about NASCAR and its state. Sponsors leaving, former championship team shutting down abruptly, and declining ratings. We all see it everyday, but the same folks who tweet about it don't do ****. I've done my part for all my life buying merchandise, attending races, and I watch damn near every race. I do my part and the core fan base is still in tact for the most part.

Changes are being made as we speak with their sponsor model. Helping teams finding soonsorship, etc. Things are changing and changing rapidly, the thing is how NASCAR adjusts to it all. There are plenty of intelligent men and women doing their part with marketing, so we will we how things change. The sport isn't going anywhere though, but you act like the sport will die tonight. Just have to wait and see how things go.

It has nothing to do with a differing opinion, its the fact that you act like you know everything. I've already given opinion about NASCAR and its state. Sponsors leaving, former championship team shutting down abruptly, and declining ratings. We all see it everyday, but the same folks who tweet about it don't do sh!t. I've done my part for all my life buying merchandise, attending races, and I watch damn near every race. I do my part and the core fan base is still in tact for the most part.

Changes are being made as we speak with their sponsor model. Helping teams finding soonsorship, etc. Things are changing and changing rapidly, the thing is how NASCAR adjusts to it all. There are plenty of intelligent men and women doing their part with marketing, so we will we how things change. The sport isn't going anywhere though, but you act like the sport will die tonight. Just have to wait and see how things go.
I never said it was going to die tonight, what I did say if the trend continues this sport will be a microcosim of it's former self, on an obscure channel and won't have any relevance. Being down 45% in the TV ratings since 2005, there is a reason for that, the product has declined, people who were on board with it came to their senses and stopped wasting their money. You all seem to get me wrong here, I want the sport to succeed, I'm just not going to sugarcoat it and apolgize for every bad move Nascar makes. It's time to be blunt about it or we won't have this sport around much longer to banter about.

NASCAR is in fine shape if they can still bring 40-50,000 (or more) every week on a given Sunday or Saturday night & a 1.0/1.1+ rating for all the races.

Maybe the new package sucks, but I don't see the big dropoffs in ratings like in previous seasons, maybe a fairly small percentages.

NASCAR is in fine shape if they can still bring 40-50,000 (or more) every week on a given Sunday or Saturday night & a 1.0/1.1+ rating for all the races.

Maybe the new package sucks, but I don't see the big dropoffs in ratings like in previous seasons, maybe a fairly small percentages.
1.0 would mean less than half what they are getting now, I don't think that would be a good thing.

• i

Scott PageESPN
Morgan Shepherd had Landon Cassill drive his Xfinity car for him in Miami, but Shepherd says he plans to be back.

"This is 51 years for us," the 77-year-old Shepherd told NBC Sports at Homestead-Miami Speedway, "and I've started on my next. If I can get it in, I'll only be 127 (years old). We'll see where we land."

Isn't it time for retirement?

"Nah," Shepherd said as he sat on the pit wall. "I'm just a servant. I might not be able to help myself but I can help other people with what we're doing. Our charity is 32 years old. ... We'll go as long as the Lord wants me to go."

Shepherd understands that change will come at some point.

"We definitely would be better with a younger driver and build it around him," Shepherd said. "We'll see where it goes. We haven't quit yet."

NASCAR fans want the Silly Season thread back... it is an annual discussion of facts and speculation about who is going where for next year. This thread has been hijacked by a member whose agenda is to turn almost every racing discussion into yet another Deathbed thread.

@Magnethead - I request that every post from #1931 on down should be deleted or transferred to this Deathbed Thread. Thank you.

NASCAR fans want the Silly Season thread back... it is an annual discussion of facts and speculation about who is going where for next year. This thread has been hijacked by a member whose agenda is to turn almost every racing discussion into yet another Deathbed thread.

@Magnethead - I request that every post from #1931 on down should be deleted or transferred to this Deathbed Thread. Thank you.

Gee, Lew, I thought the comments added a little spice to the subject.:D

I think they will, I like the current youngsters in Cup and I’m excited for Christopher Bell when he comes up. Those old school characters are not walking through that door....so I’m going to give these kids a chance. We still have young veterans like KDB, Kez, Logano and Larson with young guns like Elliott, Blaney, Darrell Wallace, William Byron, Alex Bowman Erik Jones and Austin Dillion. I think the sport is in a good place with the next generation, I’m most optimistic about that if I can be honest. Of all the things you can say is wrong with NASCAR, the current driver line up is not one of them. I do wish my guy JG was still wheeling the 24 though....

Back
Top Bottom