SILLY SEASON 2019

Welcome to the board. Have you confirmed those juicy details with the "insider guy" that revealed KBM is starting a multi-car cup team? He also named no sources and posted no links. But I'm sure he'll be proven correct when the haulers roll into Daytona next February...
Another resident racing insider.

I do agree I think IF FRR survives past this year they will not be a Toyota team.

Toyota is out of FRR...not looking good. Yes, FRR lost 5 hour but they were prepared to run until JGR quadrupled their alliance price. JGR is making sure they won’t have competition! Everything was lined up to run just on a strict budget until they found another sponsor until JGR did this. From what I heard...Barney won’t agree to the ridiculous amount and Toyota tried to get him to agree to it. Toyota has not resigned and is pulling out of Denver. This has nothing to do with no affording it...it has to do with FRR is left with no manufacturer, Pitt crew, cars, engines and only half time sponsors. People can do the math...this is JGR way of making sure FRR won’t beat them this time. Eliminate the competition. It’s a pretty sad day when you see one person have that much control. Just think if you paid 4 million and now all the sudden they change the price to 16 million...that’s ridiculous. Sorry ass losers that’s what they are! FRR was NEVER suppose to beat them out of a championship. Not only does JRG want to eliminate FRR but now what to hire MTJ and crew that is FRR. I think Barney is seeing how cut throat Joe Gibbs really is and I believe he would rather close and find a new hobby then give JGR that amount of ridiculous money. That’s my opinion. I was told today that it was told in FRR shop that Toyota is out...
To say this makes me furious is an understatement. JGR should be happy that basically a "TEAM" car won the championship.... ugh. I just hope MTJ lands on his feet in a good place.... this purely sucks. BTW, may I ask how you found this out? Not doubting the validity of it, just curious. Thanks for the info.

Toyota is out of FRR...not looking good. Yes, FRR lost 5 hour but they were prepared to run until JGR quadrupled their alliance price. JGR is making sure they won’t have competition! Everything was lined up to run just on a strict budget until they found another sponsor until JGR did this. From what I heard...Barney won’t agree to the ridiculous amount and Toyota tried to get him to agree to it. Toyota has not resigned and is pulling out of Denver. This has nothing to do with no affording it...it has to do with FRR is left with no manufacturer, Pitt crew, cars, engines and only half time sponsors. People can do the math...this is JGR way of making sure FRR won’t beat them this time. Eliminate the competition. It’s a pretty sad day when you see one person have that much control. Just think if you paid 4 million and now all the sudden they change the price to 16 million...that’s ridiculous. Sorry ass losers that’s what they are! FRR was NEVER suppose to beat them out of a championship. Not only does JRG want to eliminate FRR but now what to hire MTJ and crew that is FRR. I think Barney is seeing how cut throat Joe Gibbs really is and I believe he would rather close and find a new hobby then give JGR that amount of ridiculous money. That’s my opinion. I was told today that it was told in FRR shop that Toyota is out...

Source. Okay, none. Thanks.

Now that the driver has been named to the #1 JGR car, where does that leave Bayne since he was rumored to be in line for the #1?

Now that the driver has been named to the #1 JGR car, where does that leave Bayne since he was rumored to be in line for the #1?

Frm wants three cars....or RCR? Or even a weird scenario he takes the 78 or 41....its silly season after all....its all up to Advocare

Wouldn't be shocked if Front Row Motorsports picks him up, maybe another Xfinity team.

Here you go

Attachments

• proof1.jpg
    proof1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 212
  • proof2.jpg
    proof2.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 187
Noah Gragson said he doesn’t know where he’ll race next year
Sports Business Journal’s Adam Stern reported Wednesday that JR Motorsports is expected to sign Gragson for next season in the Xfinity Series. Gragson would replace Elliott Sadler, who announced earlier this month that this would be his final full-time season in NASCAR.

“I think the key word to that whole phrase,” Gragson told Moody when asked about being a part of the rumor mill, “is rumor. Right now it’s not really my focus. I know my guys at Clutch Management have been working really hard on finding me an opportunity next year. My main focus is to win a championship at Kyle Busch Motorsports and compete for wins on a weekly basis.”

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/0...ere-he-stands-with-todd-gilliland-2019-plans/

Source. Okay, none. Thanks.
While I am also skeptical, I remind myself that it's almost as implausible as the defending Cup championship team that is on an amazing roll the last almost 2 years folding up shop out of nowhere...

Haven't been impressed with Gragson in his tim with KBM. Just doesn't seem like a winner and is just there to have fun to me. Gilliland taking over his truck full time will be an upgrade. Probably fair about the same with Jr.

He's actually not very far off. JGR made it almost impossible for FRR to renew with them, even before 5hr left. They jacked the price big time. Obviously no one knows their motive, and Toyota certainly wasn't trying to make Barney do anything (Toyota worked tirelessly to try and strengthen the relationships, JGR and FRR were extremely strained). But it's not hard to come to the conclusion that JGR wanted FRR gone based on their actions. Doesn't make it a fact - it's just not hard to assume that's what they've been doing, and it's certainly the prevailing theory within most offices.

While I am also skeptical, I remind myself that it's almost as implausible as the defending Cup championship team that is on an amazing roll the last almost 2 years folding up shop out of nowhere...
I guess I need to post Barney Visser's quote on every page. It really doesn't matter, they believe what they want to believe. And those are rumors.

He's actually not very far off. JGR made it almost impossible for FRR to renew with them, even before 5hr left. They jacked the price big time. Obviously no one knows their motive, and Toyota certainly wasn't trying to make Barney do anything (Toyota worked tirelessly to try and strengthen the relationships, JGR and FRR were extremely strained). But it's not hard to come to the conclusion that JGR wanted FRR gone based on their actions. Doesn't make it a fact - it's just not hard to assume that's what they've been doing, and it's certainly the prevailing theory within most offices.

With that being said. Is LFR in over there heads??? With possibly making the move to Toyota??

With that being said. Is LFR in over there heads??? With possibly making the move to Toyota??
JGR is certainly a tough group to do business with. Having said that, I believe if LFR made the switch to Toyota/JGR, things will get much better for them before they get worse.

I guess I need to post Barney Visser's quote on every page. It really doesn't matter, they believe what they want to believe. And those are rumors.
Barney also stood in front of the race team many weeks ago and told them they'd be racing next season. You can post that on every page too. Doesn't mean things aren't rapidly changing.

we'll see
I don't need to wait, I'm part of the conversations. But yeah, I guess you'll see. It's really not looking good for FRR. It sucks to report that. Maybe Barney's been playing chicken this whole time, and he'll swoop in last minute to save the team financially. Stranger things have happened. But right now I truly believe they're gone.

I wonder if the fact that it took JGR over 3 months to figure out the new Camry while the 78 had it dialed in from the start rubbed JGR the wrong way more so than just the 78 winning at homestead. 78 had 3 wins and won at the 2nd 1.5mile before JGR won their first points race

I wonder if the fact that it took JGR over 3 months to figure out the new Camry while the 78 had it dialed in from the start rubbed JGR the wrong way more so than just the 78 winning at homestead. 78 had 3 wins and won at the 2nd 1.5mile before JGR won their first points race
They have always blamed the 78 for "holding back info." Maybe they did, maybe they didn't (my guess is they did), but yeah, the relationship seemed to be strained right out of the gate.

Welcome to the board. Have you confirmed those juicy details with the "insider guy" that revealed KBM is starting a multi-car cup team? He also named no sources and posted no links. But I'm sure he'll be proven correct when the haulers roll into Daytona next February...

FRR has not announced anything yet. I know the workers. Of course it’s hearsay at this point but telling what I have been told. I go to the track almost weekly with this team and will be in Darlington so I will know more by then I’m sure. All I can do is pass along what I have heard at this point. I’m not saying FRR is closing but it’s not looking good. And I have heard the KBM is not true.

After FRR won the championship JGR tore apart their pit crew for 2018. Refused to give them the same guys. That started it. FRR was trying to come up with a plan to get out of that situation after the pit guys cost them several races this year but they have no place to train their own team. The strain between JBR and FRR started at the first of this year but yes, FRR was accused of not sharing information but it was the other way around. Toyota did try their best to be the middle bridge between both FRR and JGR but in the end they gave a date to resign and FRR didn’t resign by that date and Toyota is packing up out of Denver as of Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure as hell doesn't have to be that way but almost any attempt to get posters with wild tales for some reasonable proof gets removed, ridiculous, so the B.S. just gets deeper

To say this makes me furious is an understatement. JGR should be happy that basically a "TEAM" car won the championship.... ugh. I just hope MTJ lands on his feet in a good place.... this purely sucks. BTW, may I ask how you found this out? Not doubting the validity of it, just curious. Thanks for the info.

I know the whole team. They have meetings on Monday morning in the shop and are told what’s going on. They are not suppose to say anything due to FRR is still not made choices on what to do but of course they all call their friends walking away from the meeting telling other guys that work in NC that can’t be in the meeting what is said. I see Joe weekly so maybe more information will be available this weekend in Darlington.

That's not a source, that's hearsay. Sources have real names and tell you who they're quoting.

Meetings are with Joe. I will not release their names as they are not suppose to tell anyone. I won’t post anymore since you guys have a hard time believing. You don’t have to believe it but ridiculous attitudes aren’t needed. Just trying to tell you what I heard and my opinion just like everyone on this board does.

Barney also stood in front of the race team many weeks ago and told them they'd be racing next season. You can post that on every page too. Doesn't mean things aren't rapidly changing.

You are correct! He did have a meeting stating they would race regardless of sponsorship because he already had a tight budget to race and him pay the difference. That was BEFORE JGR told him they quadrupled the price for the alliance deal.

Meetings are with Joe. I will not release their names as they are not suppose to tell anyone. I won’t post anymore since you guys have a hard time believing. You don’t have to believe it but ridiculous attitudes aren’t needed. Just trying to tell you what I heard and my opinion just like everyone on this board does.
I wasn't replying to you. I was challenging Corey Mason's citing of unidentified Twitter and Reddit posts as 'sources'.

I have no problem with being unable to release names, as long as the poster at least acknowledges it. I may (or may not) believe the poster, but that's better than not understanding what a source is. Unidentifiable forum participants aren't sources.

I appreciate the info...even if some people don't. I have no reason to not believe you. Just give them time they will come around.

To be honest every worker with this team is on edge. They have no clue...they were told 2 weeks ago they are racing no matter what then JGR hiked their prices so high it’s just crazy. Now, FRR May close and all these workers moved to Denver from NC for this team and now looking at no jobs. I was told FRR isn’t releasing anything because nothing is final as the are “keep digging” to come up with something to run. I know Joe has been nonstop working. Coors Lite has a meeting with them as well. I will post more when I hear more at Darlington. Again, it’s just what I hear.

To be honest every worker with this team is on edge. They have no clue...they were told 2 weeks ago they are racing no matter what then JGR hiked their prices so high it’s just crazy. Now, FRR May close and all these workers moved to Denver from NC for this team and now looking at no jobs. I was told FRR isn’t releasing anything because nothing is final as the are “keep digging” to come up with something to run. I know Joe has been nonstop working. Coors Lite has a meeting with them as well. I will post more when I hear more at Darlington. Again, it’s just what I hear.

So do you know if Toyota is out are the talking about making a move to Ford/Chevy?? If they still open....

So do you know if Toyota is out are the talking about making a move to Ford/Chevy?? If they still open....

Yes, as of Monday’s meeting they were told Toyota is out. The engineer from Toyota that has an office in FRR shop in Denver was told to sell his house and move back to NC. Toyota wanted the deal signed by a certain date and FRR didn’t sign it. I do know they are in talks with both Chevy and Ford but I think more Chevy. They are still busting butt to find a deal. They said Barney has been there daily and he hardly ever comes to the shop. I do not think they just not telling the workers I truly believe they are trying hard to make it all work. There are many parts to a deal. Martin wants to stay with them...I think he is holding out as much as he can. Barney is a great man...he wants this! I just don’t believe he will allow JGR to strong arm him any longer.

Back
Top Bottom