SILLY SEASON 2019

Newman was gone a month ago according to RCR. I know he hasn't been happy on the radio with the car many times this year, but some of them are like that every week. I guess he was I mean it mad.

I can't see Newman going back to SHR. Tony kicked Newman to the curb for Harvick. Doesn't anyone remember Newman's "bipolar and anger issues" comment that he lobbed at Tony after the Richmond race in 2016? Naw, I cannot see Newman going back to SHR.
Yeah, there will be no renewed “bromance” for Tony & Newman.

Visser talks about the whole deal
Furniture Row Racing owner hopes employees find new jobs after team shuts down
http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/c...-discusses-decision-shut-furniture-row-racing

Visser doesn't blame Gibbs and doesn't lay the blame at his feet. Seems like it was more of 5 Hour Energy's decision to walk away that caused the situation. The article even states and quotes Visser:

"What Joe Gibbs was talking about wasn't ridiculous," Visser said of the alliance fee. "His numbers were purely objective. ... What we couldn't agree on was how much we brought to them and how much that was worth spread over four cars. That was subjective.

"We were very close [to doing the deal] when we lost the big sponsor."

The people that have been laying it to Gibbs owe him an apology for their comments and nasty speculation on the issue.

It's all in the same deal bud ;)
What we couldn't agree on was how much we brought to them and how much that was worth spread over four cars

Read the article, bud...LOL. To quote it:

"Visser also wouldn't blame JGR for increasing the price on the alliance."

He let MTJ start looking the moment that 5 Hour went away. He knew he was closing the doors.

From Gene Haas
“As far as we know, Kurt Busch has signed up with Chip Ganassi. That’s the rumors we hear. But he hasn’t announced it yet, either. I think the only thing I’ve heard from him is he hasn’t signed anything.
“If he gets on a tear and wins five races and goes on to win the championship, we definitely would talk to him,” Haas quipped.
“That’s why we signed him to win a championship. As time went on, it became less probable that that would happen. That’s why we’re at where we’re at now. I think he’s kind of stated, too, that next year is going to be his last year.”

says nobody is signed for the 41
“We haven’t seen anybody that’s intrigued us enough to say, ‘OK we’re willing to sign you at the moment,’ ” Haas said before Sunday’s race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Excluding a driver’s salary, Haas said it takes $20 million “to run a competitive Cup team.”

and nope same as last year for the deathbedders staying with 4 teams
Haas also said it is “not really an option” to downsize to three teams next year.
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/0...o-driver-has-intrigued-us-enough-to-sign-yet/

What drivers have 20 million dollar sponsors they can bring to the 41 car?
Certainly not Matt and I doubt any Xfinity drivers have that.
Would Hass kick in 5 million to top up a 15 million dollar offer?
Would he kick in 10 million to get Bell?

I think it'll be a plethora of drivers next year, until Custer takes over full time in 2020. It's too difficult to stop and then restart a competitive cup team. If you have four or five guys bringing part time dollars to the table, you take it. Personally, I still don't think Haas is "all-in" on Custer, either.

Of course, this isn't counting Suarez. If you can get Arris dollars, you sign that deal in an instant. In today's climate, money is more important than results, I think, moreso than ever.

I think it'll be a plethora of drivers next year, until Custer takes over full time in 2020. It's too difficult to stop and then restart a competitive cup team. If you have four or five guys bringing part time dollars to the table, you take it. Personally, I still don't think Haas is "all-in" on Custer, either.

Of course, this isn't counting Suarez. If you can get Arris dollars, you sign that deal in an instant. In today's climate, money is more important than results, I think, moreso than ever.

Yeah I think Haas would rather have Cole get major sponsorship or get picked up on another team like a Germain/Ty situation.

Arris could be the big player but are they available?? Could be they have their deal with JGR and MAYBE they are fine with Truex.

Arris could be the big player but are they available?? Could be they have their deal with JGR and MAYBE they are fine with

I interpret everything as Arris signed on with JGR under the understanding that Daniel Suarez would be the driver. I'm sure, JGE will legally bind them to anything they can, if it's possible. Adam Stern even floated out the idea that if Arris cannot get away from Gibbs, they may entertain the idea of sponsoring two cars. Talk about coin.

^ If Gibbs tries to strong arm Arris into doing something they never intended to do, it's more likely that will pollute the relationship and Arris could exit Nascar altogether. But that is a big "if" because I have no knowledge about the legal contracts or the original intentions and understandings.

Personally, I'd love to see Daniel Suarez and Arris in the 41.

Yep - That's a great sponsorship to have on your side. I just don't see it happening. I think you'll see Gibbs work something out to the tune of Arris sponsoring Suarez in the 95 and going part time with Bass Pro taking the other half on the 19 with Truex. Just a guess, however.

If you can get Bayne's Advocare money, Allgaier's Brandt sponsorship and the limited races Newman has with CAT(far-fetched), then maybe you can start piecing together five or six guys to rotate a full team. Once again, if you can snag an average drive with sponsorship behind him, then do it.

I just don't see what an owner like Gene Haas gets the benefit out of running a car full time without any shot of a real championship with the driver.

Suarez does make sense if he can bring sponsorship.

Yep - That's a great sponsorship to have on your side. I just don't see it happening. I think you'll see Gibbs work something out to the tune of Arris sponsoring Suarez in the 95 and going part time with Bass Pro taking the other half on the 19 with Truex. Just a guess, however.

If you can get Bayne's Advocare money, Allgaier's Brandt sponsorship and the limited races Newman has with CAT(far-fetched), then maybe you can start piecing together five or six guys to rotate a full team. Once again, if you can snag an average drive with sponsorship behind him, then do it.

Advocare is gone fully after this year

From Gene Haas
“As far as we know, Kurt Busch has signed up with Chip Ganassi. That’s the rumors we hear. But he hasn’t announced it yet, either. I think the only thing I’ve heard from him is he hasn’t signed anything.
“If he gets on a tear and wins five races and goes on to win the championship, we definitely would talk to him,” Haas quipped.
“That’s why we signed him to win a championship. As time went on, it became less probable that that would happen. That’s why we’re at where we’re at now. I think he’s kind of stated, too, that next year is going to be his last year.”

says nobody is signed for the 41
“We haven’t seen anybody that’s intrigued us enough to say, ‘OK we’re willing to sign you at the moment,’ ” Haas said before Sunday’s race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Excluding a driver’s salary, Haas said it takes $20 million “to run a competitive Cup team.”

and nope same as last year for the deathbedders staying with 4 teams
Haas also said it is “not really an option” to downsize to three teams next year.
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/0...o-driver-has-intrigued-us-enough-to-sign-yet/

Looks like Gene Haas isn't the biggest Kurt Busch fan anymore. I wonder what Kurt and Tony's relationship is like.

Looks like Gene Haas isn't the biggest Kurt Busch fan anymore. I wonder what Kurt and Tony's relationship is like.

I dont think much better....he doesnt seen like one of the boys like Kevin,Clint do and Aric seems to go out of his way to be part of the team. Tony also likes Aric alot.

I dont think much better....he doesnt seen like one of the boys like Kevin,Clint do and Aric seems to go out of his way to be part of the team. Tony also likes Aric alot.

IMO, Kurt got thrust into a bad situation with a battle between the 2 owners of the team. I bet the Monster contract issues haven't helped either. Time for Kurt to move on to a place with less drama, and then off to the HOF.

The sport will be less entertaining without him in it once he is gone.

Read the article, bud...LOL. To quote it:

"Visser also wouldn't blame JGR for increasing the price on the alliance."

He let MTJ start looking the moment that 5 Hour went away. He knew he was closing the doors.

Let @StandOnIt have his moment. :D

IMO, Kurt got thrust into a bad situation with a battle between the 2 owners of the team. I bet the Monster contract issues haven't helped either. Time for Kurt to move on to a place with less drama, and then off to the HOF.

The sport will be less entertaining without him in it once he is gone.

Yeah if he goes to Ganassi for 1 year it will be a nice place to be once he retires and wants to race the GT in IMSA and IndyCar! Plus Chip seems like one of the most genuine owners out there.

Yeah if he goes to Ganassi for 1 year it will be a nice place to be once he retires and wants to race the GT in IMSA and IndyCar! Plus Chip seems like one of the most genuine owners out there.

If he goes with Chip he'll have an in if he wants to race IndyCar. The guy has had his ups and downs. I started to root for him when the big owners blackballed him and he spent the year driving the 51. The sponsored by Me paint job was fantastic. If anyone needs proof that he's a great driver all then need to do is look back to his third place finish at Sonoma driving for Phoenix racing. Nice turn-a-round at the 78 and then on to the 41.

Bell has said like 15 times now he’s running JGR Xfinity in ‘19. Not sure why people can’t accept that.

I get your point, and don't necessarily disagree, but things change so quickly now days, ANYTHING is possible. Remember last year? William Byron was negotiating his Xfinity deal, and the next day he's signing a Cup deal. Say for some silly reason Truex's 19 car deal fell through. Do you thing for one second they would hesitate to put Bell in that seat if they really want to shuffle Suarez aside?

When Arris signed on they had the boy in Xfinity and Carl in Cup. I doubt there is any other contract. Maybe a gentleman's call agreeing to Suarez in the 19. Haven't heard a thing about 2019.

Don’t know why people keep penciling Custer into the 41.

If you read between the lines and listen to what Gene has said over the past couple years, it sounds like he has no intention of doing that.

SHR’s current model doesn’t really involve developing drivers anyways. Much like HMS did for many years.

My opinion purely based on what Gene has said in interviews and his tone is that I really think that Gene feels he’s doing Joe Custer a solid by letting Cole drive the 00 car in Xfinity.

Up to this point I don’t think Cole has earned the opportunity to drive the 41 car and I think Gene feels that way too. Also consider how big a deal Gene made about Kurt when he got him. It was all about getting an established Cup star. I think that’s what they will continue to try and do moving forward.

Back
Top Bottom