SILLY SEASON 2019

Don’t know why people keep penciling Custer into the 41.

If you read between the lines and listen to what Gene has said over the past couple years, it sounds like he has no intention of doing that.

SHR’s current model doesn’t really involve developing drivers anyways. Much like HMS did for many years.

My opinion purely based on what Gene has said in interviews and his tone is that I really think that Gene feels he’s doing Joe Custer a solid by letting Cole drive the 00 car in Xfinity.

Up to this point I don’t think Cole has earned the opportunity to drive the 41 car and I think Gene feels that way too. Also consider how big a deal Gene made about Kurt when he got him. It was all about getting an established Cup star. I think that’s what they will continue to try and do moving forward.

Fair point and I agree. However, I am basing this on the assumption that SHR doesn't have the timing that matches up to any proven star right now.

Fair point and I agree. However, I am basing this on the assumption that SHR doesn't have the timing that matches up to any proven star right now.
With the current driver salaries being lower it is quite possible a team can poach new drivers
especially if offered a 3-5 year contract.
Hass is no start up team and he knows from F1 what a good driver is worth.

With the current driver salaries being lower it is quite possible a team can poach new drivers
especially if offered a 3-5 year contract.
Hass is no start up team and he knows from F1 what a good driver is worth.

Aside from John Menard, I would venture to say Gene Haas is the most willing and able to dump a load of money into someone just for the pure thrill of winning.

^ Sounds like there was some sloppy work done on the contract Arris signed with Gibbs. I hope The Preacher doesn't squeeze them so hard that they get frustrated with Nascar and leave the sport.
Arris's first time in the series and it was obviously because of Suarez. Gibbs is making a name for himself:boxing:. I believe Suarez with the backing of Arris and Carlos Slim Dumot isn't going to leave Cup racing and I hope where he goes he kicks ass.

I don't know if it's a great move for either one, but I could definitely see it happening. As I said before, I PRETTY SURE Matt D has something lined up that is better than what he currently has. The 6 car would certainly fit that bill.

I don't know if it's a great move for either one, but I could definitely see it happening. As I said before, I PRETTY SURE Matt D has something lined up that is better than what he currently has. The 6 car would certainly fit that bill.

Roush has been purging sponsors for about the past four or five years. Ortho's, Scott's, KFC, 3M, Aflac, DeWalt, etc are all gone. They need someone who is pretty good at attracting a buzz and much needed attention. Matt D would be that guy, at least IMHO.

Roush has been purging sponsors for about the past four or five years. Ortho's, Scott's, KFC, 3M, Aflac, DeWalt, etc are all gone. They need someone who is pretty good at attracting a buzz and much needed attention. Matt D would be that guy, at least IMHO.

They need to reorganize and rebuild. Does Jack have the desire to do that? I see the organization leaving or shutting down when he is gone.

Arris's first time in the series and it was obviously because of Suarez. Gibbs is making a name for himself:boxing:. I believe Suarez with the backing of Arris and Carlos Slim Dumot isn't going to leave Cup racing and I hope where he goes he kicks ass.

You will never quite trying to manufacture a narrative about Coach. Got it all figured out. SMDH. The more you type the more you have convinced yourself that you are right.....about that pricing FRR out of the sport for example.....see Barney's comments.

You will never quite trying to manufacture a narrative about Coach. Got it all figured out. SMDH. The more you type the more you have convinced yourself that you are right.....about that pricing FRR out of the sport for example.....see Barney's comments.
everything is great! right. :lol2:

everything is great! right. :lol2:

I do appreciate the fact that you are consistent in your perspectives--I mean that. I do hope that Daniel gets everything he desires---in a TRD powered Toyota. He is a great kid, and has a very solid future in this sport.

Seems like a lateral move at best, but it's good to see Newman stick around. 3 years is surprising, though.
When you are fired from your job, lateral moves are good! Even "less than lateral" can be good, which is what this one seems like to me. Three years would take Rocket Man through age 43... a pretty typical retirement point.

When you are fired from your job, lateral moves are good! Even "less than lateral" can be good, which is what this one seems like to me. Three years would take Rocket Man through age 43... a pretty typical retirement point.
I wasn't sure if Newman left on his own or if RCR terminated him, as it doesn't sound like they have anything lined up for the other car yet and I'm not sure what Hemric's status is. Sounds like RCR's loss in that case, though.

I actually thought he was older...whoops.

I didn't expect that at all, I thought Kenseth would most likely return to the #6.
Kinda surprised Newman won't retire, but nice to see him back next year.

Maybe Matt is getting his own car at Roush? I have no clue what's up. It could also be that Matt has another ride lined up or is ready to call it a career. What's the scuttlebutt?

Maybe Matt is getting his own car at Roush? I have no clue what's up. It could also be that Matt has another ride lined up or is ready to call it a career. What's the scuttlebutt?
Matt reportedly only wanted to run part-time in 2019. It sounds like he's done for good now and ready for management. As long as RFR have identified their weak points and come up with some ideas to move forward, he's done his job as a driver.

I don't think the 6 car is a step down from RCR with the direction Richard has his race team going.
If they put plates on for a bunch of races next year, a lot of these rides could turn into potential winners. Just need to be in the right place at the right time.

Matt said he didnt want to drive full-time in "THAT" car. So it sounds like Roush offered that but it was on Matt. So either he is going Full time elsewhere....part time at Roush in a 3rd car or in management.

Matt Kenseth was coy when asked about the Roush Fenway announcement set for Saturday that, according to a source, will be Ryan Newman in the No. 6 car next year. When asked what that means for his plans and whether he still wants to race, he smiled and said, "Find out tomorrow."

Bob Pockrass, NASCAR
1h ago

Suarez to RCR sounds way more likely then Haas IMO. Childress has been willing to take partial funding in the past, whereas haas has said he doesn't wanna help foot the bill anymore. Plus, Cat is still funding the 31 as well. I think RCR is a decent ride and Suarez could've done a lot worse. Guys like Chastain and Preece would give their left nut for that ride

Back
Top Bottom