SILLY SEASON 2019

I was thinking about the 95. No TRD announcement. Why? Something is going on here....not sure what....

I suspect Kasey deciding to retire threw a wrench in their plans.

Honestly if they dont get Hemric, or Suarez there isn't really that many guys out there that are very intriguing.....assuming McMurray and Kurt take chips offers, preece ends up in the 47 your left with guys like AJ/Bayne/Dibenedetto...

I think Grayson is going to do just fine, getting out from under KDB's roof and getting with Jr's bunch. Time will tell. Wonder who Kyle is going to hire in his place if anybody, or if the preacher is going to continue to run a couple cars in Xfinity next year down from 4. Toyota could continue to shrink.

I am going to absolutely love Bell running circles around Gragson next year.
`good luck with that. It should be a battle. Gragson ran his first three races ever in Xfinity last year. Out of the three races he beat Bell once, and finished second to Bell in another.

Any news on Friesen?

I'd like Ganassi to keep on JHN in the 42 and bring the 48 back with Friesen. Talk about a fun duo to watch and develop for the next level.

I need to make a petition for Flying J and TMC to sign a driver that actually gives a **** outside of Annett. He needs to get dropped like Coughlin did from the truck series. Hell, I'd take Trevor Bayne in the 5 with Advocare over Annett at this point. Bayne would be leaps and bounds better IMHO.

`good luck with that. It should be a battle. Gragson ran his first three races ever in Xfinity last year. Out of the three races he beat Bell once, and finished second to Bell in another.
1-2 and no longer in JGR stuff, and Bell has only gotten better since then. Sounds good to me. :)

Any news on Friesen?

I'd like Ganassi to keep on JHN in the 42 and bring the 48 back with Friesen. Talk about a fun duo to watch and develop for the next level.

I need to make a petition for Flying J and TMC to sign a driver that actually gives a **** outside of Annett. He needs to get dropped like Coughlin did from the truck series. Hell, I'd take Trevor Bayne in the 5 with Advocare over Annett at this point. Bayne would be leaps and bounds better IMHO.
Guess on Mark Martins podcast theres a possbility of Friesen to xfinity, with the whole team...somehow

JTG Daugherty Racing to replace The Dinger... Ryan Preece is the guy according to speculation by Adam Stern and some others. JTGD has scheduled a press conference Friday at Charlotte to announce the new driver.

Last edited:
JTG Daugherty Racing to replace The Dinger... Ryan Preece is the guy according to speculation by Adam Stern and some others...

I will spontaneously combust from excitement if this happens :D. If you're not familiar with me, put in "Ryan Preece" in the search bar on this forum and do posts by author Speedbowl14 and you'll probably agree.

Am I guilty of being a "fanboy"? Yes. Absolutely. But I've also watched him cut his teeth at local tracks for 10 years or so, followed him through the ranks, and watched him compete in many incredible races around the northeast. He has been a mainstay in these parts and for him to become a Cup driver would be a dream come true for him, myself, and thousands of fans in the northeast who have gone FAR too long without having a driver they could root for.

I will spontaneously combust from excitement if this happens :D. If you're not familiar with me, put in "Ryan Preece" in the search bar on this forum and do posts by author Speedbowl14 and you'll probably agree.

Am I guilty of being a "fanboy"? Yes. Absolutely. But I've also watched him cut his teeth at local tracks for 10 years or so, followed him through the ranks, and watched him compete in many incredible races around the northeast. He has been a mainstay in these parts and for him to become a Cup driver would be a dream come true for him, myself, and thousands of fans in the northeast who have gone FAR too long without having a driver they could root for.

Oh man I posted this and went on all the NASCAR news Twitter handles...they're loaded up and I'm following. I won't believe it if it happens. What a journey it's been. I remember soooooo many Friday nights at Stafford watching this "kid". Big part of my racing life. Many of you are going to be shaking your head while reading this saying "what the hell is this guy's deal?" but if you've never been to a short track and followed week-to-week for years and years you won't understand.

Preece and Buescher would be a good duo but JTG have to step their game up. They made some strides and have kinda stagnated recently.

I wonder what the future holds for AJ. Sports cars, if I had to guess.

Preece and Buescher would be a good duo but JTG have to step their game up. They made some strides and have kinda stagnated recently.

You know Shank has a seat waiting for him. The bromamce that never ends.

AJ should look back at this experience and know he has done a great job tbh. JTG will become a better team over time, but AJ's win at the Glen really solidified JTG-Daughtery's position in the field and with Kroger.

Either the team or the drivers need to step it up... or likely both the team *and* the drivers. JTG Daugherty has been a major disappointment this year, both the 37 and the 47.

If I were a team owner looking for a driver, I think I'd pick Preece or DiBenedetto or Chastain before Allmendinger or Buescher (and I like both AJ and Chris).

yeah it would be unclear if you were sponsoring a driver and the preacher's bunch has a contract that says you are sponsoring JGR. Having two Arris cars from different teams would be a head scratcher

how I like to see the driver go in 2019.

#19 Martin Truex Jr
#41 Matt Kenseth (love to see him race one more season with a good ride and go out the right way)
#31 Kurt Busch (he could get RCR team back on the map)
#1 the dinger (love to see AJ in a good ride)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom