Silly Season 2020

Yup, the MAttMob will wander over to Wood Bros (Penske) to demand that Woods Bros (Roger Penske) acquiesce to their business expertise.

Perhaps Matt D will remind his minions how much better he is than the Organization and Business Owner he drives for -- and how he is the Driver to get the most out of the car. Maybe give his new boss a referral to a head shrink come this time next year when he's packing his trash like a hobo, again.

Toyota found a cure for the Matt D Virus. Unfortunately, Wood Bros (Penske) is now infected...

Yikes.

Maybe you should go and listen to Dale Jr's interview of Matt on the podcast. You MIGHT just come away with a different opinion of him. There aren't many guys out there that have repeatedly gambled on their own future the way he has. Everybody likes to complain about the silver spoon guys, well Matt is just the opposite and is the kind of driver EVERY race fan should be pulling for to succeed. Heck, I'm the biggest Chevy homer around here, and even I am thrilled to death he got this opportunity.

I didn't know Penske was now Haas's farm team.... Keep in mind Penske/Wood Brothers has room for Matt AND Cindric or another driver if they choose to.
Yes. Penske has 1 open seat at Team Penske. I doubt WB can handle another car.
Either way it is a great opportunity for Matt D. Cindric needs to improve his oval racing before moving to cup.

Such a hateful post. Based on all the Real Racers I've known over 5+ decades, I'd guess you don't actually know any. You certainly have no understanding of how the mind of a Racer actually works. Hint: it ain't like a garden variety keyboard warrior.

Such a hateful post. Based on all the Real Racers I've known over 5+ decades, I'd guess you don't actually know any. You certainly have no understanding of how the mind of a Racer actually works. Hint: it ain't like a garden variety keyboard warrior.

Not hateful, historical.

Yup, the MAttMob will wander over to Wood Bros (Penske) to demand that Woods Bros (Roger Penske) acquiesce to their business expertise.

Perhaps Matt D will remind his minions how much better he is than the Organization and Business Owner he drives for -- and how he is the Driver to get the most out of the car. Maybe give his new boss a referral to a head shrink come this time next year when he's packing his trash like a hobo, again.

Toyota found a cure for the Matt D Virus. Unfortunately, Wood Bros (Penske) is now infected...
What exactly is your beef with Matt? What has he done wrong in your opinion?

What I found amusing was the notion that Matt (or any other public person) has any control over what total strangers say on the Internet. NASCAR can't even keep the shills here in line, and they're getting paid.

No, no that's not it.

Matt is too sappy and not stoic enough of a driver.:rolleyes:

No.

Matt the drama queen claiming he's racing for his life. If he's referring to life and death -- doubtful, but so be it. But more likely he was moaning about his NASCAR Cup driver life of privilege (~$20 million??? of someone else's money so he could chase his track dreams) where he's lamenting not getting his way if/when Bob, Joe, Toyota cut him loose. Get a grip Matt.

And instead of handling his business with class, behind the scenes -- he's taunting Bob, Joe, Toyota with:

“They’d have to have their heads examined if they get rid of me. Because nobody will do a better job in my car than myself”[/QUOTE] :eek::)

No Matt, it's not all about you and your awesome talent. You were surrounded by a Team that put together your awesome ride that race, that allowed you to charge to the Lead. Your inability to deal with Newman is what cost you that race. The car was there, you weren't capable of closing the deal in the end.

No.

Matt the drama queen claiming he's racing for his life. If he's referring to life and death -- doubtful, but so be it. But more likely he was moaning about his NASCAR Cup driver life of privilege (~$20 million??? of someone else's money so he could chase his track dreams) where he's lamenting not getting his way if/when Bob, Joe, Toyota cut him loose. Get a grip Matt.

And instead of handling his business with class, behind the scenes -- he's taunting Bob, Joe, Toyota with:

“They’d have to have their heads examined if they get rid of me. Because nobody will do a better job in my car than myself”
:eek::)

No Matt, it's not all about you and your awesome talent. You were surrounded by a Team that put together your awesome ride that race, that allowed you to charge to the Lead. Your inability to deal with Newman is what cost you that race. The car was there, you weren't capable of closing the deal in the end.[/QUOTE]

You're taking his quotes a little seriously arent you? You dont really think he was talking about life or death do you? ( I'm gonna go with his racing life is what he was fighting for). The " head examined quote" is nothing different then any other driver who is in to doing self promotion, frankly I want a confident ,****y race car driver who doesnt sit back and just take what happens. Part of the reason that car was able to charge to the front at Bristol was because of his talent and judging him for "not closing the deal" at Bristol is completely unfair. Newman was protecting his position and like he should but he sure didnt do the 95 any favors.

No.

“They’d have to have their heads examined if they get rid of me. Because nobody will do a better job in my car than myself” :eek::)9

No Matt, it's not all about you and your awesome talent. You were surrounded by a Team that put together your awesome ride that race, that allowed you to charge to the Lead. Your inability to deal with Newman is what cost you that race. The car was there, you weren't capable of closing the deal in the end.
*Sighs*

Dude is confident in himself, I'm not upset by the comments at all. He feels as if he's the best guy for the seat. Is he supposed to say he's not the guy for the job? He had to be upset at the time, I think anyone would be at the situation getting kicked out of the car half-way through the season. Not even being given a year to show possible growth and progress with the program.

If, he was not given the chance in the 21 for next year and lets say he would be in the 38 replacing David Regan. It would be a bit more difficult to replicate performances, Matt feels as if this is his moment to show what he can do in a good car. He's proven time and time again so far in his career than he can drive. This reminds me of Brad Keselowski's situation some years back. Every opprotunity he has is a tryout to prove what he can do, I like the attitude. Confidence is a must and honestly, he's been really classy and appreciative of it all. Not to mention, his career was at stake if not for what was given to him.

Paul Menard wanted him for the seat and if Roger Penske and Tim Cindric are down for the move, that's a massive win in itself. The confidence and to be successful for yourself and livelihood, you have to be a bit ****y at some point. Better for him to be confident and not lay down, hell he was good with Go Fas last year, but he took the leap.

Look at where he's at now compared to last season. This is a big win, now he has to continue to perform. He has one year to show what he has, I'm betting on him to perform and show progress.

Does anyone Think Menard chose this time to vacate his seat so that Matt could replace him?

I would not be the least bit surprised if that played into Paul's decision. It would also not surprise me if it was "suggested" to Paul that this might be a good time to bow out. Because of the financial situation, Menard has more control over his "career" than probably any driver out there, but I could see a scenario where everybody got together and said, "Hey, if you're going to be retiring in the near future, THIS might be a good time to do it". Of course, he and his father would seemingly have the final say.

I would not be the least bit surprised if that played into Paul's decision. It would also not surprise me if it was "suggested" to Paul that this might be a good time to bow out. Because of the financial situation, Menard has more control over his "career" than probably any driver out there, but I could see a scenario where everybody got together and said, "Hey, if you're going to be retiring in the near future, THIS might be a good time to do it". Of course, he and his father would seemingly have the final say.
It was his decision and nobody steered him in that direction. He could race as long as he wants too.

Basically they just hired him to keep a seat warm for them. It's pretty clear they didn't believe enough in him to to go above and beyond. That's their choice and their right, but I hope Matt makes them regret it for about the next decade. Brad K has been driving with a chip on his shoulder for about a decade now after he felt HMS disrespected him, and don't forget about your boy Kyle. Revenge can be a powerful and useful motivator.

Nobody screwed Matt D. That's nonsense.

It was his decision and nobody steered him in that direction. He could race as long as he wants too.
Exactly. Now he can have a nice balance between personal and racing life, where he can now be selective about which races he runs. I think it will improve his performance too tbh.

Nonsense.
You said, "Spin away". We spun. If you don't want other opinions, why do you ask for them? If you want to debate other opinions, can you explain why you disagree in terms more logical than 'nonsense' and 'LOL'?

For example, why is it nonsense that Toyota may have thought letting Burrito go to the Woods (or any other semi-decent team) would help them out of the corner they'd painted themselves into? They had a driver situation that, rightly or wrongly, was causing them to be perceived as the bad guy. Matt gets a shot with a stronger team, Toyota's driver management problem goes away (for the moment); it's a win-win.

Last edited:
You said, "Spin away". We spun. If you don't want other opinions, why do you ask for them? If you want to debate other opinions, can you explain why you disagree in terms more logical than 'nonsense' and 'LOL'?

For example, why is it nonsense that Toyota may have thought letting Burrito go to the Woods (or any other semi-decent team) would help them out of the corner they'd painted themselves into? They had a driver situation that, rightly or wrongly, was causing them to be perceived as the bad guy. Matt gets a shot with a stronger team, Toyota's driver management problem goes away (for the moment); it's a win-win.

I spun on your spin. Why are you feeling that Toyota wanted an out? I haven't heard that anywhere. Who perceived them to be the bad guy outside of this board? I haven't heard anything like that. Who said The Wood Brothers ride is better? Eighty-nine points in the drivers standings makes that ride better, or is Paul Menard better than Matty D?

The throw away driver narrative? Silly. Do you not think that Matt knew what he was getting into before he got into it? Home Depot wanted someone other than Logano. Jones was a better alternative than the expensive Kenseth. Barney has been quoted, but that just doesn't fit the convenient Evil Empire narrative. I have posted all of this before in response to the baseless crap posted about JGR, but you wanted it, so here it is. Enjoy.

I spun on your spin. Why are you feeling that Toyota wanted an out? I haven't heard that anywhere. Who perceived them to be the bad guy outside of this board? I haven't heard anything like that. Who said The Wood Brothers ride is better? Eighty-nine points in the drivers standings makes that ride better, or is Paul Menard better than Matty D?

The throw away driver narrative? Silly. Do you not think that Matt knew what he was getting into before he got into it? Home Depot wanted someone other than Logano. Jones was a better alternative than the expensive Kenseth. Barney has been quoted, but that just doesn't fit the convenient Evil Empire narrative. I have posted all of this before in response to the baseless crap posted about JGR, but you wanted it, so here it is. Enjoy.
There ya go. Much better than "Nonsense."

Exactly. Now he can have a nice balance between personal and racing life, where he can now be selective about which races he runs. I think it will improve his performance too tbh.

I hope we see Paul run the Daytona 500, Brickyard, maybe a road course in an R&D Penske/WBR car along with Road America and a maybe another Xfinity race or 2.

No one cares Chris Buescher doesn’t have a contract for next year...this hurts my heart
This doesn't surprise me. They've been dumping a ton a money into those teams and they probably want to see if an "upgrade" becomes available. Personally I don't think anyone else out there will wheel that thing better than him, but these days money talks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This doesn't surprise me. They've been dumping a ton a money into those teams and they probably want to see if an "upgrade" becomes available. Personally I don't think anyone else out there will wheel that thing better than him, but these days money talks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Unless it's Tyler Reddick in the 37, there are no better options as far as I'm concerned

No one cares Chris Buescher doesn’t have a contract for next year...this hurts my heart

I sincerely doubt JTG will find a better driver for that 37, because any driver better than Buescher wouldn't be willing to take it. He's the best they can hope for, and they should be making every effort they can to keep him in the seat. Although I would love to see him get a chance with a better team. I think he's outperformed his equipment his whole career. Personally, he's my favorite non-Hendrick driver and I would love to see him at HMS after Jimmie retires.

@Snappy D

You and me care this app just wouldn’t load my angry comment lol

If revman didn’t hijack every thread with Toyota discussion and the anti Toyota people didn’t take the bait we could just talk racing

Maybe you are hijacking all of my Toyota discussions with racing talk? :D

Back
Top Bottom