Silly Season 2020

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by StandOnIt, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

Your source, please.

2. Charlie Spencer

Okay. Sorry, I don't have any point of reference for this one. Thanks.

Michfan likes this.
  3. dirtguru

dirtguru Team Owner

Someone sent me a tweet from Nascarguy69. That stated that. I don't know who this guy is, but I'm thinking he is a hack. From all other sources I've seen it is official. I hope it is, I'll be heading to Stuart Va. soon to get my Matty D hat and shirt.

Charlie Spencer likes this.
  4. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

5. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

sdj likes this.
  6. dirtguru

dirtguru Team Owner

I don't do twitter, this was sent to me from on of my friends when I sent out a group email about the Wood Brothers announcement. Sorry for the misinformation. Just excited to see Matt get the ride though. Hope he's able to extend his career there in the 21.

Blaze and StandOnIt like this.
  7. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

just an FYI, you don't have to be a member to be able to read or check tweets. All I did was google nascarcarguy69 and followed the link. I've never been a member also

Elliott_Fan_9 likes this.
  8. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Matt is on a short rope

Joker, Snappy D, LewTheShoe and 3 others like this.
  9. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

interesting

LJ7201, Joker, Snappy D and 10 others like this.
  10. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

ya know Paul Menard wasn't a big "star" driver, but he has always come across as an honest guy.
    What he and his family has done and continues to do for racing is immeasurable.

LJ7201, Hawaii808, Joker and 12 others like this.
  11. Michfan

Michfan Team Owner

So you chose to believe a guy with 200 followers over all the other reputable sources?

12. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

This is HUGE for Matt's career! I'm very happy for him and glad hes gonna be in the fold at Penske!

Blaze, Joker and Elliott_Fan_9 like this.
  13. dirtguru

dirtguru Team Owner

If you read all my post, you'll see I don't follow twitter and don't have any idea how many followers he might have. Are you one of them? This was sent to me by one of my friends after I sent out an email about the original post I read. Please try to keep up.

14. acmerocket

acmerocket Team Owner

this is so cool for matt d and ford,he is in away better (family)with the woods brothers

Joker, Elliott_Fan_9 and Fordracing7 like this.
  15. Michfan

Michfan Team Owner

Your initial post was pretty matter of fact, no big deal:D

16. jws926

jws926 I need to think of something new for here

Didnt see this coming, but happy for Matty D, hope he can make the most of this new deal.

Elliott_Fan_9 and LewTheShoe like this.
  17. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

Id like to see him back in Indy

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

dirtfan likes this.
  18. ahhculdee

ahhculdee Crew Chief

Biggest shocker of Silly Season so far. I remember there were rumors of Menard retiring a while ago, but they seemed to just be smoke at the time. Heard the news before I went into work today. Also think JHN lands in a top Xfinty ride with move-ups (RCR or even SHR?)

Joker likes this.
  19. Fordracing7

Fordracing7 2018 Pick em Champion

Have you heard Rumors about JHN to RCR or SHR or is that just your thoughts?

20. ahhculdee

ahhculdee Crew Chief

Just speculation. I know both will have open rides for next year.

Fordracing7 likes this.
  21. Head423

Head423 Crew Chief

Heck yes. Hope he can give that 21 some awesome runs. Happy for the guy.

22. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

I hope we see him in the 12 for select races including his hometrack Road America.

Ironically enough Paul has had 2 top 10's the last 2 weeks.

23. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

Good deal for Matt, this is the shot that everyone was clamoring for. Is Menards and Motorcraft still sponsoring the 21, I failed to see that anywhere. I think Matt wins a race next year, I’m intrigued to see how he’s going to do in the 21. This is also a good get for the Wood Brothers in that Matt’s rapidly expanding fan base will ensure this team will receive extra exposure in 2020.

Blaze likes this.
  24. dirtguru

dirtguru Team Owner

I read that Menards will continue sponsorship next year. But if I am not mistaken, they had already committed to that for 2020 since Menard had 1 year left on his contract. Also I think Matt's 1 year contract may rely on sponsorship for 2021 and beyond if it is extended. Hope they do well and can continue for many years to come.

Blaze likes this.
  25. Revman

Revman I didn't do sh!t Bob!

So, here comes the spin....TRDJGR screwed another driver. Here comes MY spin.....Awesome that TRD/JGR gave Matt the opportunity. Spin away.

26. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

I would be completely shocked if Motorcraft or some other Ford product wasn't part of the mix. If you watched the Wood Brothers Special, then you know what a tight relationship they have with Edsel Ford. He is kind of their guardian angel.

2 Sweet, Fordracing7 and LewTheShoe like this.
  27. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

Basically they just hired him to keep a seat warm for them. It's pretty clear they didn't believe enough in him to to go above and beyond. That's their choice and their right, but I hope Matt makes them regret it for about the next decade. Brad K has been driving with a chip on his shoulder for about a decade now after he felt HMS disrespected him, and don't forget about your boy Kyle. Revenge can be a powerful and useful motivator.

Snappy D likes this.
  28. DaBiff1618

DaBiff1618 Team Owner

What does this have to do with Toyota?

29. Charlie Spencer

I think the Woods gave TRD a face-saving way out of an unpopular position.

Johali likes this.
  30. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

not for some of us. Their business model sucks as far as I am concerned. I don't like to see throw away drivers and whole teams by any OEM.

LewTheShoe likes this.
  31. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

32. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Forgot all about Cindric, ouch

ahhculdee likes this.
  33. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

Menard's contract is with Roger Penske. Don't they also sponsor IRL?

34. Fordracing7

Fordracing7 2018 Pick em Champion

It sounds like they will be on the car in 2020. Both John Menard and Roger Penske are masters of B2B deals so I'm sure they will figure it out.

LewTheShoe and Charlie Spencer like this.
  35. Biggreen695

Biggreen695 Team Owner

I'm sure they didnt forget about him, they just realized such an absolute garbage driver has no business taking up a quality ride in the cup series.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

36. DaBiff1618

DaBiff1618 Team Owner

DiBenedetto is a one year placeholder till they move Cindric up. Then everybody will hate ford and Penske like they do Toyota

Dr_B_UNC and Ventisca like this.
  37. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner

Yup, the MAttMob will wander over to Wood Bros (Penske) to demand that Woods Bros (Roger Penske) acquiesce to their business expertise.

Perhaps Matt D will remind his minions how much better he is than the Organization and Business Owner he drives for -- and how he is the Driver to get the most out of the car. Maybe give his new boss a referral to a head shrink come this time next year when he's packing his trash like a hobo, again.

Toyota found a cure for the Matt D Virus. Unfortunately, Wood Bros (Penske) is now infected...

38. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

Matt will be moving over the SHR after this stint with WB.

39. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Matt got what he has been talking about for years, a shot in a good car. He's in a cup winning car, I expect to see him running in the top 5 a whole lot next year.

LewTheShoe likes this.
  40. LewTheShoe

LewTheShoe Team Owner

Such a hateful post. Based on all the Real Racers I've known over 5+ decades, I'd guess you don't actually know any. You certainly have no understanding of how the mind of a Racer actually works. Hint: it ain't like a garden variety keyboard warrior.

LJ7201, 10-4, jws926 and 10 others like this.