Silly Season 2020

Anyone else find it odd that Ally signed thru 2023 but they didn't announce a contract extension for JJ to coincide with that? I believe hes only signed thru 2020?

Keeping it open to see if the struggles continue or short notice try to go out on a high note?

The only part that surprises me is learning JJ is on a contract and not the same open-ended handshake deal that Jeff worked under.

Jeff wasn't on a handshake deal, he signed a lifetime contract with an ownership stake in 2000. It is my understanding that at some point Jimmie was offered a similar deal but opted for a straight contract.

Keeping it open to see if the struggles continue or short notice try to go out on a high note?

now everyone here can retire Jimmie Johnson like they've been retiring Kurt Busch...... Insert "Driver Internet Darling X" into this ride

I'm sure Jeff's ownership stake was strictly in lieu of salary, so unless you consider that putting up you own money, I would say no.
You're sure.

It was a reward. In that rarified air, the paperwork is legalized by the transfer of $1.

You're sure.

It was a reward. In that rarified air, the paperwork is legalized by the transfer of $1.

The point being, Jeff didn't write Rick a check for his part of the team. I also don't think it's a stretch to say that if Jeff had declined the ownership deal, at some point he would have been paid more in salary instead, or taken a bigger share of the purse. My guess is that what Jimmie opted for. The ownership may also have given Jeff an angle to shelter some of his income.

I could see Jimmie signing another one year deal or extension to race through 2021... I think having this sponsorship lined up through 2023 is TOO good of an opportunity to not bring in another young guy and give them 2 years to show themselves with ally backing things up.

JTG didn't can their driver after a year for someone else the manufacturer mandated; they actually wanted him back. Stenhouse had 7 frickin' years to demonstrate his abilities in hardware his teammate demonstrated was playoff-worthy.

No similarities to DiBenedetto. None. Quit trying to find them.
Your facts are useless here.

I could see Jimmie signing another one year deal or extension to race through 2021... I think having this sponsorship lined up through 2023 is TOO good of an opportunity to not bring in another young guy and give them 2 years to show themselves with ally backing things up.
I wouldn't be shocked if there's an "option" for Ally to get out if JJ isn't in the car

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Words are important, and Matt knows that. He selected them for a desired dramatic effect. Given the growth of Matt Nation, I would say he has been successful.
Business.. and given the in race coverage "there's no question he will have a ride next year".. he simply used these well intended dramatics, and used the media to advocate for a ride next year. I'm sure the feelings were real, albeit dramatized. He campaigned for himself and used the media as a job reference, so to speak. Not sure if this is what you are saying, but it is what it is. He did what he did to give himself an image... Which is important in NASCAR these days.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

it would be sad if Ross Chastain doesn,t find a better cup ride.i think the 37 and 38 are still open.

I'm sure Jeff's ownership stake was strictly in lieu of salary, so unless you consider that putting up you own money, I would say no.
Any time your money is gone regardless how, your the investor.
JJ was a salaried employee and still is.

If that ever happens, we are gonna need a lot popcorn, the sh!t storm of pissed off "rednecks" posting on social media would be pure entertainment .

I don't know how many "rednecks" are Jimmie Johnson fans. He is sort of the "anti-redneck". From a personal standpoint, I'd have to be restrained from slitting wrists if that ever came to pass. I'm not too worried though. Jimmie seems to be a pretty loyal guy, and I think he fully understands that without the support he got from Chevrolet, he likely wouldn't even HAVE a racing career.

I don't know how many "rednecks" are Jimmie Johnson fans. He is sort of the "anti-redneck". From a personal standpoint, I'd have to be restrained from slitting wrists if that ever came to pass. I'm not too worried though. Jimmie seems to be a pretty loyal guy, and I think he fully understands that without the support he got from Chevrolet, he likely wouldn't even HAVE a racing career.
My post flew right over your head:Do_O:eek:

Any time your money is gone regardless how, your the investor.
JJ was a salaried employee and still is.

Well, I guess I would equate it to my employer sponsored retirement plan. My employer takes an amount of money based off my rate of pay and hours worked and instead of putting it in my paycheck, it gets invested. On a good year, it accrues more money than I make in pay. Yes, in a sense it is MY money, but I have never seen it, I can't touch it, and it doesn't show up on a pay stub, a W2 or a tax form, so it feels quite a bit different than actually having to invest money out of pocket. During the 2008 financial crisis, I took a paper loss of over $60,000 in about three months. It had no effect on my daily life though. Splitting hairs, maybe.

Maybe so. Are you implying that "rednecks" could care less if Jimmie drove a Toyota?
What I was saying is, there is a large portion of the fan base that are still pissed off that NASCAR allowed Toyota into the sport, and this portion of the fan base does not miss any chance to spew their racist hatred for Toyota and the Japanese, and with that same group being very "murican", and Jimmie has been driving Chevy's going back to his off road days, I can see them getting very upset if Jimmie starting driving a one of those damn "Yoders"

Making it "entertaining" reading their BS being posted online.

Rednecks hate jimmie johnson. Bad example lol dont think they would care if he went to toyota. So they would probably just make fun of him even more. Now if dale jr went to toyota that would be a different story.

I personally would rather chuck Bowyer for Custer than Suarez, but objectively, Suarez has massively underperformed and I wouldn't blame Tony for giving him das boot.

All three of those other guys underperformed...I would like to chuck them all for better talent lol

My expectations for him are higher given where he was at a year ago

Dude, multiple wins are HARD to pull off in the Cup series. If your name isn't Jimmie Johnson there's no shame in not winning two plus races.

Well I probably don't qualify as a true redneck, but I never miss a chance to spew hatred at Toyota, (not racist, just hatred) and I would be pissed beyond belief if Jimmie ever jumped ship.
Sponsors love Bowyer. The media love Bowyer. Fans who love other drivers like Bowyer.

Bowyer will be in the #14 next year.

You are most likely right, but remember that Kurt Busch got booted from there with better numbers than Bowyer has, and he even brought some sponsorship with him.

Back
Top Bottom