Silly Season 2020

Larson would be the ideal fit. Maybe grab Erik Jones or Bell if any chance the LFR 95 goes the way the FRR 77 did.

I have no clue why Smithfield likes Almirola so much but it is what is just never been a huge fan of his.

Almirola and Bowyer are both likable. Bowyer is an above-average driver who's been in contention for championships and will get you a few wins here and there.

I'm not sold on Cole Custer yet.

You're right. For some reason I've seen a few posts indicating there's still some contractual agreement with JGR.
I think that is the case, but I don't recall the details, I believe the reason why they werent on the car more this year was they had to pay a penalty to JGR for breaking the contract.

The Athletic is reporting that Ross Chastain will be announced next week to drive full time for Kaulig Racing in a second Xfinity Series entry. Jordan Bianchi's article cites multiple sources, but neither Matt Kaulig nor Ross Chastain are confirming the story... at least not on the record. Current Kaulig full time driver Justin Haley will also return for 2020.

The Athletic is reporting that Ross Chastain will be announced next week to drive full time for Kaulig Racing in a second Xfinity Series entry. Jordan Bianchi's article cites multiple sources, but neither Matt Kaulig nor Ross Chastain are confirming the story... at least not on the record. Current Kaulig full time driver Justin Haley will also return for 2020.

So down to Stenhouse or Hemric in the 37

I kinda hope Stenhouse gets the 37. No disrespect to Daniel Hemric but the dude needs to go back and win in a lower series if you ask me.

Would be an interesting dynamic to see Stenhouse / Buescher swap rides.

I kinda hope Stenhouse gets the 37. No disrespect to Daniel Hemric but the dude needs to go back and win in a lower series if you ask me.

Would be an interesting dynamic to see Stenhouse / Buescher swap rides.
I honestly think Hemric has more raw talent than everyone in the field and has done more with less than anyone in Cup this year, including Matt D. Stenhouse has always seemed vastly overrated to me.

I honestly think Hemric has more raw talent than everyone in the field and has done more with less than anyone in Cup this year, including Matt D. Stenhouse has always seemed vastly overrated to me.

I like Hemric but the 37 is an average car. Maybe Stenhouse to the 00 (KHI Management affiliation), Custer to the 32 or 38 (with SHR help), Hemric to the 37? The Xfinity Series could use another veteran type.

Little late to the game on the Larson to Stewart-Haas maybe rumors. I would love to see that. He's gonna win a lot now that he's learned how to not use a race car up and save something. He may not understand the car like a Kurt Busch or a Ryan Newman, etc, but he's figured out how to not use one up and save some for the end. That's what all the guys that win races figure out.

I'm stoked to hear it's nearly official Ross is in the #10 car next year. Love his enthusiasm when he wins & love that his driving style pisses other drivers off, another personality the Cup Series could use sooner than later IMO.

Yeah, I highly doubt Larson or Blaney are going anywhere, even if their seasons have been a little mediocre in general up until the past 2 weeks.

Blaney has to quit hanging with Wallace, his mediocrity is rubbing off on him. LOL

Good deal. Ross is a front runner for the Xfinity title IMO and he hasn't turned a lap yet. Probably answers the question about if Ganassi is going to enter an Xfinity car next year also.

Maybe Stenhouse to the 00 (KHI Management affiliation). The Xfinity Series could use another veteran type.

I'd like to see Ricky stay in Cup, good plate driver like Ragan, gives any small team a yearly chance at winning.

Dropping down like Sadler did is a lot of pride to swallow after being in Cup for so long. I'd be surprised if he's down for that, but maybe if only a 1 off year to gain entrance into an SHR.

I'm guessing Burton or Herbst in the 20.

I'm hoping Grala or Nemechek goes full time in the 2 for RCR if GMS shuts down.

The 00 I have no clue, maybe Custer / Majeski / young pay drivers with a Cup guy running a race or 2? Would love to see Stenhouse myself.

I think the door is closing for any young driver wanting a cup ride by any means.
Yes in 2020 one or more of the new young guns may lose their ride or have many races covered by an older experienced driver. However I think the field is pretty well set AND soon there will be a shortage of cars in the Xfinity series. With Nascar ignoring the truck series as they do AND with such small purses, I have a feeling that the car count for the Xfinity series will attract some truck owners to switch series and so 2020 will be the demise of the truck series.

I think the door is closing for any young driver wanting a cup ride by any means.
Yes in 2020 one or more of the new young guns may lose their ride or have many races covered by an older experienced driver. However I think the field is pretty well set AND soon there will be a shortage of cars in the Xfinity series. With Nascar ignoring the truck series as they do AND with such small purses, I have a feeling that the car count for the Xfinity series will attract some truck owners to switch series and so 2020 will be the demise of the truck series.
Bold prediction time.

Drunken Brian France says.....Stenhouse to the 37
Yes I/m not happy about it. I like Stenhouse and hate to see him going to a tainted BowTie team that is a lesser team than the already lesser team he was on. Like someone else said It will be interesting to see how the 17/37 swap works out. I like Buescher too, but Ricky more

Yes I/m not happy about it. I like Stenhouse and hate to see him going to a tainted BowTie team that is a lesser team than the already lesser team he was on. Like someone else said It will be interesting to see how the 17/37 swap works out. I like Buescher too, but Ricky more

I'm the same way I think they might be kind of equal talent overall. Chris seems to take care of his car better but ricky is more exciting to watch. Overall I wish Ricky would stayed in a Ford because I believe in him but excited to have CB back.

I'm not totally familiar with JTG, but would be surprised if they could build as many cars for Stenhouse than the House of Jack.

I'd rather have seen Stenhouse go to Wood Brothers Racing to keep Ricky in a Ford.

I'm the same way I think they might be kind of equal talent overall. Chris seems to take care of his car better but ricky is more exciting to watch. Overall I wish Ricky would stayed in a Ford because I believe in him but excited to have CB back.
Eh, I think Stenhouse will be an equal opportunity wrecker. That being said, sometimes a driver gets moved to another organization gets a fresh start and things click.

It's kinda disappointing that JTG hired Stenhouse.
He's been in Cup for 7 years and he has shown little to no improvement during that time.

Hemric would have deserved another shot in Cup, IMO.
Cassill to the 37 was some wishful thinking, but he'd deserve a better ride than the 00.

Hemric deserves a shot at Cup when he goes back to Xfinity or Trucks and wins a race or more, which is more than doable if he's in a half decent ride.

I hope we see Custer in the 32 & Lajoie in the 38 with Hemric running in X or Trucks as a championship contender.

Hemric deserves a shot at Cup when he goes back to Xfinity or Trucks and wins a race or more, which is more than doable if he's in a half decent ride.

I hope we see Custer in the 32 & Lajoie in the 38 with Hemric running in X or Trucks as a championship contender.

I hope we see Custer in better equipment than the 32 to get a Bell Reddick Custer fair shot rookie year comparison.

Fully agree, Hemric should go down to X and basket some wins

I hope we see Custer in better equipment than the 32 to get a Bell Reddick Custer fair shot rookie year comparison.

Fully agree, Hemric should go down to X and basket some wins

It's just the wishful thinking rumor of GoFas supposedly getting SHR help like Adam Stern reported a month or so ago.

Hemric scored the most points in Xfinity last year. He doesn't have to go back to Xfinity to prove anything, but it looks like he'll need to run Xfinity because there aren't any Cup rides left (given hat Custer moves up)
Is it confirmed that SHR and RCR will continue to field an Xfinity car next year?

Back
Top Bottom