Silly Season 2020

Hemric scored the most points in Xfinity last year. He doesn't have to go back to Xfinity to prove anything, but it looks like he'll need to run Xfinity because there aren't any Cup rides left (given hat Custer moves up)
Is it confirmed that SHR and RCR will continue to field an Xfinity car next year?

Didn't win the championship, didn't win a race. Allgaier & Bell both had many more wins and more top 5s. Bell, Allgaier, Custer were all better last year IMO.

It's the era of winning that puts your name on the map. Daniel has talent but wasting away in an FRM car isn't gonna help his career.

Can't believe Ricky signed with JTG. I'm not too happy and don't think he'll find much success for neither the organization nor himself. Just one of those guys with a lot of talent but can't find a way to stop wrecking the darn car.

Ricky already has more top 10s than Casey Mears got in his own career so he's got that going for him. Maybe he'll become the next superstar Elliot Sadler :D

Can JTG afford to have Ricky drive one of their race cars....................:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

I kid cuz I care:biggrin:

If I’m Ricky, I hold out or skip a season before going to JTG. Money be damned, I’d rather be competitive.

More power to him.

It's not like the 37 is absolute garbage, it's an 18th-25th place car every year in the standings sans Watkins Glen 2014.

AJ was pretty good in 2016(?) I believe with 9 top 10s.

Maybe it's enough money and B2B relationships for his WoO stuff.

Stenhouse might end up in Xfinity, but not next year. He has a decent ride to work with, he shouldn't be any slower at the super speedways which seem to be his thing.

Lessard, Eckes full time with Busch/Deegan/Smith in the 51? So is Todd going to daddy's team??? Burton has been well rumored to the 20 X car.

I'm not entirely sold on Lessard at all. I think it's a big mistake if they're dumping Gilliland for Lessard. We'll see what the real news is.

Eckes looks fine & Chandler Smith looks damn good in ARCA.

It's just the wishful thinking rumor of GoFas supposedly getting SHR help like Adam Stern reported a month or so ago.
Don't make the mistake of thinking all team alliances are created equal. It is often assumed in social media that a small team establishing a relationship with a front-running team means it will immediately run like Barney Visser's 78 did... full factory hardware, software, personnel, etc. But this is not reality for most team alliances, especially ones without ample funding. For example, the RPM alliance with Childress, the JTG/D alliance with Hendrick, the FRM alliance with Roush, and the LFR alliance with Gibbs (in 2019).

Also, keep in mind that GoFas owner Archie St. Hilaire has said he's not interested in (a) a rookie or (b) selling his soul to a big team for a short-term boost like LFR will do with Gibbs for the 2020 season. Obviously, he could change his mind, but that's what he said (link).
Didn't win the championship, didn't win a race. Allgaier & Bell both had many more wins and more top 5s. Bell, Allgaier, Custer were all better last year IMO.

It's the era of winning that puts your name on the map. Daniel [Hemric] has talent but wasting away in an FRM car isn't gonna help his career.
"Wasting away" will never help one's career, but performing well in mid-tier teams such as FRM has proven recently to be a viable route to a higher quality ride. Consider, for example, Alex Bowman, Matt DiBenedetto, Chris Buescher.

Don't make the mistake of thinking all team alliances are created equal. It is often assumed in social media that a small team establishing a relationship with a front-running team means it will immediately run like Barney Visser's 78 did... full factory hardware, software, personnel, etc. But this is not reality for most team alliances, especially ones without ample funding. For example, the RPM alliance with Childress, the JTG/D alliance with Hendrick, the FRM alliance with Roush, and the LFR alliance with Gibbs (in 2019).

Also, keep in mind that GoFas owner Archie St. Hilaire has said he's not interested in (a) a rookie or (b) selling his soul to a big team for a short-term boost like LFR will do with Gibbs for the 2020 season. Obviously, he could change his mind, but that's what he said (link).

"Wasting away" will never help one's career, but performing well in mid-tier teams such as FRM has proven recently to be a viable route to a higher quality ride. Consider, for example, Alex Bowman, Matt DiBenedetto, Chris Buescher.

I'm not sure what Bowman did in those lower quality rides that caught Dale Jrs attention, wasn't it the RAB ride or maybe it was a qualifying effort? But I will agree with you Buescher and Matt did well in those junkers.

Also I get not wanting to sell your soul to another team, but I'd take the alliance personally if presented.

Last edited:
Harrison Burton will be in the 20. Just seen a Twitter post somewhere but can't post it.

Man that's another move that I don't really understand. What has he done in trucks to deserve that ride?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

He hasn't been that bad in Trucks as you'd think, 5th in points before the reset. Not saying I disagree, but he's better than Riley Herbst at the end of the day.

He hasn't been that bad in Trucks as you'd think, 5th in points before the reset. Not saying I disagree, but he's better than Riley Herbst at the end of the day.

I'm sorry but 5th in points in that level of equipment is still underachieving. Biffle hadn't been in a truck in how long and still took that thing to victory lane?

Young Burton isn't setting the world on fire that's for sure. 1st year in Xfinity and he is going up against some seasoned veterans with a past record in the trucks that is pretty unimpressive. But on the plus side, he has his dad in the booth shilling all things Toyota.overall. I think the Yotas are good at the cup level, but the two lower series next year I'm not seeing much strength. :idunno:

Young Burton isn't setting the world on fire that's for sure. 1st year in Xfinity and he is going up against some seasoned veterans with a past record in the trucks that is pretty unimpressive. But on the plus side, he has his dad in the booth shilling all things Toyota.overall. I think the Yotas are good at the cup level, but the two lower series next year I'm not seeing much strength. :idunno:

Eckes looks decent, as does Chandler Smith who will be running more races. I've been pretty impressed by Chandler Smith actually.

Stenhouse might end up in Xfinity, but not next year. He has a decent ride to work with, he shouldn't be any slower at the super speedways which seem to be his thing.
Ricky can drive, but his biggest problem is keeping cars clean on a consistent basis.

Something that JTG values, a lot. I think Ricky can mimic what Buescher has done, maybe their cars will suit him more? Who knows? It will be his first time out of a Ford and Roush backed car in over a decade, so I hope he succeeds with this opprotunity. He's a overly-aggressive guy, but unlike others I think he did well with Roush being as down as it was 2015 onwards.

This time next year ricky will be announced to drive the 48 in 2021 lol

never can tell, Ford might throw Roush a bone now that they have Buescher back and he has proven to be a smart race car driver, good with the equipment and he is able to get decent finishes.

No pressure taking that ride, right?

He's gotta at least get a win or 2 over the course of 33 races, if he can't do that than I don't know what to say.

Honestly if he's getting rushed up this quick to Xfinity, he needs to stay in Xfinity for at least 3 or 4 seasons minimum.

Now the question is who ends up at Front Row? Hemric, Lajoie, and Custer all possibilities, and there were rumors of McDowell getting booted.

Can't believe Ricky signed with JTG. I'm not too happy and don't think he'll find much success for neither the organization nor himself. Just one of those guys with a lot of talent but can't find a way to stop wrecking the darn car.

Ricky already has more top 10s than Casey Mears got in his own career so he's got that going for him. Maybe he'll become the next superstar Elliot Sadler :D
He won teo Xfinty championships. That will get you ride for a long-time.

Back
Top Bottom