Silly Season 2020

I'm buying the Suarez news because I want the Big 3 rookies in capable cars.

This shouldn't really come as a shock to anyone. They kinda need to know who's going to be in the car next year so they can build sponsorship around it and he has no timeline for his return

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Looks like RPM is sticking with Bubba next season, look in the Instagram thread under nascar43fan's question if Bubba is staying. Looks like reps answered yes and a "Lot of fake news about this time of the year."

Looks like RPM is sticking with Bubba next season, look in the Instagram thread under nascar43fan's question if Bubba is staying. Looks like reps answered yes and a "Lot of fake news about this time of the year."

Good for Bubba! He has really done a good job on a number of occasions this year.

I really would like to see Hemric in the 8. Maybe the 62 car in Cup if Brendan retires after Daytona.

Part time for Hemric, the other Burton gets somewhat of a shot at being "discovered" and Jr gets his one race.

I would imagine he will run full time in Xfinity. Filling in the schedule elsewhere. There are like a million chevy teams in Xfinity especially teams that use multiple drivers.

Part time for Hemric, the other Burton gets somewhat of a shot at being "discovered" and Jr gets his one race.

I'm glad Hemric still gets to run most of the Xfinity schedule. Maybe he can run the remaining 11 races for Davis or Sieg (or whoever) to remain playoff-eligible.
Also good to see Jeb Burton in some more races. I would've given him a full-time ride over Harrison.

I wonder where Zane Smith will end up. He was quite decent in the 8 and I think he has the funding. Trucks for KBM maybe?
Now it's "official":

Good call.

I'm bummed for Ryan Truex, he ran far better than Jeb did. Jeb already had funding though and the rumor is that Chevy is helping out Hemric with those 21 races. They really like him.

As for Custer, it would have been wrong for him to stay in Xfinity for a fourth year. He's ready for the big time and this rookie class is shaping up to be a very good one. Will he be an upgrade over Suarez? I think so, but I would have liked to see Daniel get a second season with SHR. With Saurez a Ford driver, I wonder if the rumor of him going to the 38 from earlier is true? Interesting, but Daniel's fandom in the sport is insane, I doubt he's without a ride.

A lot of pressure on this class as well IMO, all have solid mid-field to top-tier equipment.

Also, Tyler Ankrum is moving to GMS next season:

Good move for GMS. Ankrum is fast. I wonder who Gilliland will replace him with. 4 GMS trucks next year.

4 GMS trucks next year.
That almost certainly means that their Xfinity program will cease to exist after Saturday's race.
Good move for GMS. Ankrum is fast. I wonder who Gilliland will replace him with.
Gray I suppose, he's the last talented driver that's left with the team. Would also be cool to see David run more races.

That almost certainly means that their Xfinity program will cease to exist after Saturday's race.

Gray I suppose, he's the last talented driver that's left with the team. Would also be cool to see David run more races.

I believe GMS has said awhile back that they weren't racing the Xfinity series in 2020. Ankrum and Mayer have both been K&N East champs, Mayer won it for GMS this year.

Man sure seems like the Xfinity series is getting thin. As far as I know RCR hasn't said anything about running for the championship, GMS is pulling out, I would think SHR would try to fill the 00? Not a whole lot of competitive rides besides JRM and JGR. I'm assuming Penske will run a car full time??

I believe GMS has said awhile back that they weren't racing the Xfinity series in 2020.
Has that ever been officially announced?
Ankrum and Mayer have both been K&N East champs, Mayer won it for GMS this year.
I meant Gray is the last talented driver at DGR.
Ankrum and Mayer are good prospects, I like Creed as well.

Man sure seems like the Xfinity series is getting thin. As far as I know RCR hasn't said anything about running for the championship, GMS is pulling out, I would think SHR would try to fill the 00? Not a whole lot of competitive rides besides JRM and JGR. I'm assuming Penske will run a car full time??

Nothing new, sadly. Xfinity has been thin for 15+ years now. Cup Lite plus a handful of scrub teams.

kinda early to go all half full about it. JGR has I believe three cars running, SHR just announced their one car move that leaves a seat open, RCR is racing for a championship. I would think finding a driver for next year isn't their top priority. JR just added another driver for the 8 car.

I think the Xfinity 00 may shut down at least full time. Unless they have a funded driver come aboard the whole reason for the team was Cole. I expect the 98 to stay considering Ford is still behind Chase.

The question is, will Carlos Slim and his billions follow Daniel to a new team, or will he leave the sport?
at this point I don't give a hoot. Daniel drove for two top teams, but with Custer getting better every week the handwriting was on the wall IMO. Who knows, I know I don't know about the money involved I'll leave that up to the financiers at RF.

at this point I don't give a hoot. Daniel drove for two top teams, but with Custer getting better every week the handwriting was on the wall IMO. Who knows, I know I don't know about the money involved I'll leave that up to the financiers at RF.

I like Suarez and I was rooting for him to succeed, but he has now underperformed for two of the elite teams. He had his shot(s) and it didn't work out. If he still has sponsorship I'm sure he'll land on his feet somewhere

I like Suarez and I was rooting for him to succeed, but he has now underperformed for two of the elite teams. He had his shot(s) and it didn't work out. If he still has sponsorship I'm sure he'll land on his feet somewhere
Yeah I don't have anything against Suarez, but he has had two chances with dream teams that almost every driver would have liked to have had offered to them.

I think the Xfinity 00 may shut down at least full time. Unless they have a funded driver come aboard the whole reason for the team was Cole. I expect the 98 to stay considering Ford is still behind Chase.
Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to shut down SHR's Xfinity program. Boyer is on a one year contract, Harvick isn't a spring chicken and Almirola isn't exactly setting the world on fire

Yeah I don't have anything against Suarez, but he has had two chances with dream teams that almost every driver would have liked to have had offered to them.

Agreed. I don't mind an Xfinity series with a mix of young guns and second tier veteran drivers. Full time double dipping sucked, but if Suarez can find success there, I think that enhances the Xfinity series.

Back
Top Bottom