Silly Season 2020

The rumor is that Suarez will go to RCR to run full time Xfinity/ part-time cup. It must suck to get demoted, but I think he can kick ass in that car next season. Especially with the big 3 moving up. Supposedly Stewart Friesen is moving up to Xfinity as well

I selfishly don't want to see Friesen move up if he is. He puts on a show in the trucks.

I selfishly would like to Moffit moved up over him. That guy has shown a lot more than Stewart

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Not at all saying Friesen is better than Moffitt, they are both good. But taking Friesen's experience compared to Moffit's, Friesen has came a long way in a short time and he is an older driver, so to me he is interesting to follow also. I just would like to see him another season in the trucks.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to shut down SHR's Xfinity program. Boyer is on a one year contract, Harvick isn't a spring chicken and Almirola isn't exactly setting the world on fire
I personally feel like Almirola or Bowyer should have been replaced with Custer. Bowyer is running out of time and isn't showing much to merit a spot in Cup. With all of his experience, I would think he has left much more to be desired in that 14 car. Almirola regressed quite a bit from his nice freshman year at SHR, which is disappointing. Suarez likely would have had everything in place to have a better second year. Oh well! If he could make his tenure at RCR fruitful, that would show that it's not just sponsorship money keeping him around.

I selfishly would like to Moffit moved up over him. That guy has shown a lot more than Stewart

Moffitt said he wants to be in competitive equipment.

Corey Lajoie said it during his podcast though. Remember when he was the laughing stock of NASCAR in 2015? Moffitt was there with Lajoie at BK Racing and "Packed his stuff and left." I have no issue with his mentality. Yet, to get that opprotunity he has to kind of grind it out like Lajoie has. Now GoFas will have a technical partnership with Stewart-Haas, the future looks bright for Lajoie because he did not give up being in ****** cars.

A lot of guys do things differently, but if Moffitt truly wants to take that next step he's going to have to show interest in it. I don't think he does, he's comfortable where he is unless something major happens and he moves up to a good car.

3 full-time entries for Rick Ware Racing in 2020. JJ Yeley will drive for RWR full-time, attempting to break McDuffie's record for most NASCAR National Series races without a win. (He probably won't attempt to, but he'll break the record if he runs full-time)
https://www.jayski.com/2019/11/14/rick-ware-racing-to-field-three-full-time-cup-cars-in-2020/
I wish teams like them and front row would go for quality over quantity. Maybe that business model doesn't work for them, but I rather see 1 competitive car than 3 back markers

Calling you right now.
Thank you, I appreciate it.

I'd appreciate it even more if y'all will overlook my earlier post that SHR would have the same line-up in 2020. Let's see, Tabasco Chipotle, Cholula Jalapeno, ... ooh, Pepper Palace Chocolate Habanero!! That should cover the taste of crow quite nicely.

I personally feel like Almirola or Bowyer should have been replaced with Custer. Bowyer is running out of time and isn't showing much to merit a spot in Cup. With all of his experience, I would think he has left much more to be desired in that 14 car. Almirola regressed quite a bit from his nice freshman year at SHR, which is disappointing. Suarez likely would have had everything in place to have a better second year. Oh well! If he could make his tenure at RCR fruitful, that would show that it's not just sponsorship money keeping him around.
I don't, you add in his time at Gibbs with it and I think that is enough time. His record is worse this year than last and so are Boyer's and Almirola's. Maybe they flipped a coin? :p

Not surprised that Cole is replacing Suarez, I like him, and wanted to see him succeed. I am looking forward to seeing Cole move up to the Cup Series.

Not surprised that Cole is replacing Suarez, I like him, and wanted to see him succeed. I am looking forward to seeing Cole move up to the Cup Series.
As am I. Love the fact that the Xfinity title battle is going to end up being a cup rookie of the year battle, arguably in elite equipment next year.

Rookies haven't lit the world on fire in over 10 years. Would love to see these rookies win races and contend.

From 1999-2005, we had rookies winning races and competing for top 10 spots in points.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Stern is actually more reputable than the other sources posting it at least.

I'm glad Hemric still gets to run most of the Xfinity schedule. Maybe he can run the remaining 11 races for Davis or Sieg (or whoever) to remain playoff-eligible.
Also good to see Jeb Burton in some more races. I would've given him a full-time ride over Harrison.

I wonder where Zane Smith will end up. He was quite decent in the 8 and I think he has the funding. Trucks for KBM maybe?

Good call.

Sure sounds to me that Daniel Suarez & Zane Smith are headed to RCR in NXS.

I haven't been impressed with Lessard in the Truck. I know he's a late model ace but compared to Eckes & Chandler Smith I haven't been overwhelmed at his ability.

I don't see how Todd doesn't get Tyler Ankrums ride at DGR-C

Yeah I don't have anything against Suarez, but he has had two chances with dream teams that almost every driver would have liked to have had offered to them.

So this makes Coach's decision a very good one. Am I right?

So this makes Coach's decision a very good one. Am I right?

How is promoting an employee who then fails to meet your expectations and then replacing said employee "very good"? Perhaps necessary, an inevitable reality of doing business, mistakes will happen, etc. But a mark of excellent decision making? Huh.

I'm disappointed at the news about Daniel Suarez... but excited about Cole Custer. Daniel's results have been a bit underwhelming, but I can't rule out the possibility that he's on the verge of breaking out. Remember, Kyle Larson didn't win until late in his 3rd year in cup. Same for Chase Elliott. Both had more top-5's along the way than Suarez, but still...

It's cool seeing "Daniel's Amigo's" having a raucous good time at the track. It's cool seeing a Nascar young gun who is a genuine rock star in his home country. It would be good for the sport to see Daniel be successful in cup racing. Personally, I'd like to see the sport be more diverse - in the garage and in the grandstands. Just my dos centavos.

I didn't like Cole Custer when he arrived in Nascar, but he has impressed me with his progress on track. He certainly seems ready for cup. I was hoping SHR would move him up and keep Suarez too. Harvick is 44 years old in 2020. Bowyer is 41 next year... and he's no Harvick. But I certainly understand SHR's short term motives and objectives too.

How is promoting an employee who then fails to meet your expectations and then replacing said employee "very good"? Perhaps necessary, an inevitable reality of doing business, mistakes will happen, etc. But a mark of excellent decision making? Huh.
The coach learns by repeating his mistakes. Have to admit he went through a list of drivers before hitting the jackpot. But forcing young drivers to go to cup to soon is his one mistake that stands out. Sure some drivers like Jones forced his hand or should I say Toyota's hand. But Jones was NOT ready, Just like Joey wasn't ready nor was Daniel. I think with these young guys the team has to be ready. It worked with Gordon and other drivers who came to cup with their CC's. Some times a driver like JJ gets lucky and gets the right guy.

I'm disappointed at the news about Daniel Suarez... but excited about Cole Custer. Daniel's results have been a bit underwhelming, but I can't rule out the possibility that he's on the verge of breaking out. Remember, Kyle Larson didn't win until late in his 3rd year in cup. Same for Chase Elliott. Both had more top-5's along the way than Suarez, but still...

It's cool seeing "Daniel's Amigo's" having a raucous good time at the track. It's cool seeing a Nascar young gun who is a genuine rock star in his home country. It would be good for the sport to see Daniel be successful in cup racing. Personally, I'd like to see the sport be more diverse - in the garage and in the grandstands. Just my dos centavos.

I didn't like Cole Custer when he arrived in Nascar, but he has impressed me with his progress on track. He certainly seems ready for cup. I was hoping SHR would move him up and keep Suarez too. Harvick is 44 years old in 2020. Bowyer is 41 next year... and he's no Harvick. But I certainly understand SHR's short term motives and objectives too.
I think SHR has always had "short term goals" and they have operated on "buddies first". A long term vision would have been to let Bowyer go to bring up Custer and keep Daniel. He was always the 4th car at the shop and I doubt he was getting treated equally especially in equipment. That is a recipe for disaster.

I think SHR has always had "short term goals" and they have operated on "buddies first". A long term vision would have been to let Bowyer go to bring up Custer and keep Daniel. He was always the 4th car at the shop and I doubt he was getting treated equally especially in equipment. That is a recipe for disaster.

The deal is Rush wanted Bowger to stay and they like Clint. The don't like Daniel enough to take his little Arris money next year.

To me it makes sense. Clint had continually outperformed Daniel, it appears Clint brings more sponsorship money, and why pay out of your own pocket to fund a guy that is underperforming?

Let's not forget the reason that Daniel got that job is because he was bringing money

The whole Suarez debacle is bittersweet. I really liked Suarez, but he simply hasn't performed like he should in top tier rides. Really happy though to see at least one year of Harvick mentoring Cold Custard. Hope Suarez lands a ride. This ROY battle will be AWESOME.

You must have missed the narrative that portrayed Coach as the anti-Christ when Daniel was shown the door. SHR gives him the boot, and it's all on Daniel. This place makes me laugh.

You must have missed the narrative that portrayed Coach as the anti-Christ when Daniel was shown the door. SHR gives him the boot, and it's all on Daniel. This place makes me laugh.
The difference is I believe he had another year on his contract at JGR when he was shown the door, but the SHR thing was only a 1 year deal.

To me you can't even compare the two. JGR basically pushed him through to cup way too soon, then kicked him to the curb. SHR gave him an opportunity after he had lost his ride.

This is once again different.

Especially the fact that SHR didn't try to take Arris and make them sponsor other cars for the team. I guess we forgot about the iK9 situation already from earlier this year. They literally poached the sponsor from Earnhardt and then they split. SHR did not want to wait until the end of the off-season to finalize the deal. Arris got pissed because they tried to pull that move.

Instead of waiting until the 23rd hour for the deal again like the beginning of the season for Suarez, SHR plays with literal house money with promoting Custer. Also, Suarez's deal was a one-year thing.

You always talk about bias, but at least SHR did it now right before the off-season and not almost the last month in a half of the off-season to make that decision to release a driver.

So many decisions at JGR make me wonder who is really pulling the strings over there? Is it coach or is it Toyota? So many things seem like "well that's what the manufacturer was wanting us to do" . Who knows maybe I'm wrong, but I do believe the manufacturer carries a lot bigger stick at that team than any other

Toyota in Motorsports operates a lot like Ford in Ford V. Ferrari, the suits have a lot more say then with other teams. And the way they operate is very cutthroat. Whether you like that or not is up to the individual

Back
Top Bottom