Silly Season 2023

Excellent interview. Taken at face value, it appears to me KDB is not going to pour himself into a ride that isn’t prepared to win races right away. He wants more time with his family, and won’t spend excess time trying to cultivate a team into something it’s not.
Does that mean a Kauilg offer would be ignored? SHR lines up as long as they have sponsorship. MJ-Hambone 23 could if they get mucho Yota backing.

Don’t show this to @Revman

1661028041801.jpeg

Excellent interview. Taken at face value, it appears to me KDB is not going to pour himself into a ride that isn’t prepared to win races right away. He wants more time with his family, and won’t spend excess time trying to cultivate a team into something it’s not.
Does that mean a Kauilg offer would be ignored? SHR lines up as long as they have sponsorship. MJ-Hambone 23 could if they get mucho Yota backing.
23XI is looking like the obvious option at this point. That way TRD keeps footing the bill for KBM

23XI is looking like the obvious option at this point. That way TRD keeps footing the bill for KBM
How much do you think TRD still cares about KBM? I mean they have another truck team (Thorsport) and that has to be a lot cheaper date than KBM. TRD has also skipped a KBM truck with 2 guys now (Ty and Sammy Smith).........

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

How much do you think TRD still cares about KBM? I mean they have another truck team (Thorsport) and that has to be a lot cheaper date than KBM. TRD has also skipped a KBM truck with 2 guys now (Ty and Sammy Smith).........

Fair point, but they’re already bankrolling it so…. I dunno. Will Chevy fund it if he lands at a Chevy team? Hard to say. Will Kyle take less money personally to ensure that KBM stays funded for Brexton’s eventual career? He’s made that known that it’s his intention. This is a really fun silly season for sure

I think Kyle is pretty much JGR/yota screwed at this point. He's talking other places to drive for. Slipping drivers past his trucks and sitting on their hands finding sponsors aren't good signs. It's getting real uncomfortable time wise for nothing to be in the wind at this point.

Why not Kyle Busch to Trackhouse Racing? He doesn't have to build a winning team there.

Several chatter box YouTube vids this evening with NASCAR followers, claiming things about Kyle D Busch;

1. The Door Bumper Clear guys claiming that KDB is officially not returning to JGR. Says the leading team to sign is Kaulig.

2. Some racing YTuber called Real Talk Racing claims “his Dad got word from the merchandise hauler guy at Watkins Glenn that Busch was going to Kaulig, and to expect an announcement sometime between Daytona and Darlington”.

Don't shoot the messenger.,,just bringing some jabber into the mix for the little it’s worth.

Several chatter box YouTube vids this evening with NASCAR followers, claiming things about Kyle D Busch;

1. The Door Bumper Clear guys claiming that KDB is officially not returning to JGR. Says the leading team to sign is Kaulig.

2. Some racing YTuber called Real Talk Racing claims “his Dad got word from the merchandise hauler guy at Watkins Glenn that Busch was going to Kaulig, and to expect an announcement sometime between Daytona and Darlington”.

Don't shoot the messenger.,,just bringing some jabber into the mix for the little it’s worth.
That video came up on my feed last night, so I took the bait and watched. Wow. It really was "the guy at the 18 merch hauler told my dad that Kyle has already signed with Kaulig." On one hand I can believe it, but... That video may have just cost someone their job if so.

Any chance Kyle winds up without a Cup ride?

Some random Nascar fan with a twitter account sez the Door Bumper Clear guys sez 10% chance but he ain't revealing what the merch hauler guy sez to nobody's father-in-law so it's a grain-of-salt deal without that.. :idunno:

Some random Nascar fan with a twitter account sez the Door Bumper Clear guys sez 10% chance but he ain't revealing what the merch hauler guy sez to nobody's father-in-law so it's a grain-of-salt deal without that.. :idunno:

Given that Brett works with/for Kaulig and getting sponsors for them, I'd say they're pretty tuned in. KyBu to Kaulig will be a major coup no one saw coming.

IF Kyle goes to Kaulig I think it would be a huge step forward for them to be taken seriously in the cup garage. Lets be honest they're not competitive except at superspeedways or with AJ in the car at road courses

They said it's basically between 2 Chevys and a Toyota most likely. Kaulig, RCR, 23XI being the teams. But 23XI has a lot of moving pieces that would need to happen.

They said it's basically between 2 Chevys and a Toyota most likely. Kaulig, RCR, 23XI being the teams. But 23XI has a lot of moving pieces that would need to happen.
Kaulig would still have the sponsorship question.

RCR may pull something together but would it field a third car or have to dump Reddick early?

23XI likely has an open chartered car, Monster may stick with them, and Toyota may chip in some, but it also has Reddick waiting in the wings. Would Kyle sign a one-year contract?

Any chance Kyle winds up without a Cup ride?
I'm sure there is a chance, but not sure how much. He's too good to sit on the sidelines. But he also won't take a ride just for the sake of driving, he wants and deserves to race with a team that can be up front.

I think Kaulig makes it happen somehow.

It goes to show that Daniel's comments were correct. if these small teams can find something in such short amount of time , coach should have been able to given his longer time frame. family smh
Matt Kaulig is largely self-funded through his own businesses. Leaf Filter for example, is his company.

Part of me thinks it's the combination of what JGR needs to operate a car and what Kyle wants. Obviously we'll never know but JGR has a reputation of paying more for any team member than anyone else, so you'd have to imagine the operating expenses are significantly higher than most others.

The amount of sponsorship that Kyle can attract may he enough for some teams to make it work, just not enough to feed the JGR beast

I think the other problem is Kyle has never really had to attract sponsorship as JGR is more known for having their own regardless of the driver, which is much different than most cases. A lot of drivers have come and gone but most of the sponsors have started with the team.

Back
Top Bottom