Silly Season 2023

As always the better funded teams will find a trick here or there but nothing like in the past, there just isnt any room for it. The most important parts of the car have effectively been put off limits. The new car eliminated the need for many crew positions so a lot of really good crew guys were set free to find other jobs and many found their way to the lesser funded teams. You might think if they were that good they wouldnt have been let go but thats unfortunately what happened to a ton of really really talented guys and girls. I've been around a long time and have never seen the competition this close and I expect it to continue
Agreed. I think the engine departments will become the key factors.

As always the better funded teams will find a trick here or there but nothing like in the past, there just isnt any room for it. The most important parts of the car have effectively been put off limits. The new car eliminated the need for many crew positions so a lot of really good crew guys were set free to find other jobs and many found their way to the lesser funded teams. You might think if they were that good they wouldnt have been let go but thats unfortunately what happened to a ton of really really talented guys and girls. I've been around a long time and have never seen the competition this close and I expect it to continue
Yeah I think some are relying on older info about how it used to go. The whole freakin underside of the car is sealed. Rub blocks keep them honest on ride heights on and on. One needs to remember that the cat in this cat and mouse game is wide awake ...got tape?

Kyle Busch would be a much better fit for the #3 than cow hat. The fan hysterics would make it even better.

Sounds like losing Reddick woke Richard up a bit and recognized the need to get another real talent.

Kyle Busch would be a much better fit for the #3 than cow hat. The fan hysterics would make it even better.

Sounds like losing Reddick woke Richard up a bit and recognized the need to get another real talent.
Well, you go convince Austin to ditch his driving career and head to Hollywood to be a star, take the wifey and the crumb grabber, and we all will be just tickled pink.

Meh. Dale would be rolling over in his grave if Kyle thinks he deserves the 3.

Well, you go convince Austin to ditch his driving career and head to Hollywood to be a star, take the wifey and the crumb grabber, and we all will be just tickled pink.
Austin is a reality tv star you know

if you think about it RCR's chance for a championship is leaving.......Reddick
every owner wants a championship......nobody more than Childress wants another one
can Austin do it.........slim to none....IMO

Kyle is a proven race (60) and championship (2) winner.........Childress needs Kyle......Kaulig needs Kyle.....heck the Wood brothers need Kyle

I don't think Childress was even in the negotiation mode yet when Reddick came trotting back with an offer he couldn't refuse 2 years before he should have been in contract talks. lol.
Dude....Childress took the option. Had a chance to negotiate then. I suspect that he told Tyler to **** off on a long term deal, and Tyler said, no **** you. Regardless, Poo Poo then went public about the sob story of not having the resources to offer Tyler that 23XI does after having a glass of wine in his convention center on his vineyard. Now, all of a sudden, he is a player after showing Kyle the way after the Rolex fantasy.

I wonder why Gibbs is having trouble selling sponsorship for a 60 win 2 time Champ? How much is Toyota willing to do to keep him in the fold? Things that make you go hmmmm?
I think the asking price was high....particularly when you look at it from the perspective of how much is left in the tank vs. the potential for Ty....and the price tag associated with that potential. IMO once Oracle bailed, the philosophy went in a different direction.

every owner wants a championship......nobody more than Childress wants another one

Kyle is a proven race (60) and championship (2) winner.........Childress needs Kyle......Kaulig needs Kyle.....heck the Wood brothers need Kyle
Why would Kyle go to a team less equipped to win a championship....in the owner's own words?

I think the asking price was high....particularly when you look at it from the perspective of how much is left in the tank vs. the potential for Ty....and the price tag associated with that potential. IMO once Oracle bailed, the philosophy went in a different direction.
Kyle Busch is a rare talent and has a more "Left in the Tank" then most of the younger drivers in the field. By that I mean he will probably win more races in the next 4 years then they will. Thats what makes me wonder why he's a tough sell. I understand the Ty angle and he may end up in that seat but I'm surprised between Gibbs and Toyota they cant come up with enough to keep Kyle in that car but someone else can?

I'm surprised between Gibbs and Toyota they cant come up with enough to keep Kyle in that car but someone else can?
This. I haven't figured out where the money is coming from. If the money isn't there and Kyle has to take a pay cut regardless, why take a step down from a top-tier team? Unless Gibbs just wants him gone ...

True, but do you build your team with someone well past their peak with an extremely expensive price tag and major logistical issues with KBM or someone who has demonstrated current and long term potential and little to no baggage at a much more affordable price?

Why would Kyle go to a team less equipped to win a championship....in the owner's own words?

and your right why would Kyle go there.......unless JGR is not an option

This. I haven't figured out where the money is coming from. If the money isn't there and Kyle has to take a pay cut regardless, why take a step down from a top-tier team? Unless Gibbs just wants him gone ...
Right. They had Ty running Xfinity next year and then jumping to Cup in the 19 in 2024 but it seems since Ty got his shot in the 45 the thought process has changed, maybe they think hes ready now and Kyle is expendable.

Back
Top Bottom