Silly Season 2023

That wasn't the hype. The car was built to be safer after the death of Sr, and Adam Petty.
Yes. And there was loads of hype around how even of a playing field the COT produced. Go to any 08 fox broadcast. It's all you heard.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Busch to ... NCAA March Madness? ... Watching? And the ? means he isn't sure?

Does this count as a foreign language class?
What question mark? That's an ear.

There's two Busch's in play here. Two tweets with busch emojis. Kyle and Kurt. Kyle is going to RCR. Basketball emojis mean Jordan here. Kurt to a new 32 car at 23XI. That allows Reddick to jump into the 45 a year early.

There's two Busch's in play here. Two tweets with busch emojis. Kyle and Kurt. Kyle is going to RCR. Basketball emojis mean Jordan here. Kurt to a new 32 car at 23XI. That allows Reddick to jump into the 45 a year early.
This isn’t the most outlandish idea or out there idea

This isn’t the most outlandish idea or out there idea
Indeed, the complicating factors in all of this have been the other drivers/slots involved downstream from any decision. KDB alluded to this in his presser about “dominos to fall following his choice”. Kurt wants to continue racing, and 23XI would just as soon have Reddick next year, so there are things they have to do to get that accomplished. Maybe they buy the 32 charter. Maybe they make the 32 a “cousin” car of the operation if they can’t purchase it (Kurt would only run one more season anyway most likely). I think they want 3 cars in the team so they can bring up another young gun from the TD program.

IF Kyle has signed with RCR to drive the 8 makes me wonder what sponsors are signed as well to be on that car. I doubt 3Chi and Cheddar’s is enough to afford Kyle. Is CAT still with RCR? I find that aspect a very intriguing piece of the puzzle, I would assume that a big time sponsor would have to be signed or found for RC to afford the services of one Kyle Busch

Thanks! So the 32 basketballs indicate the new car number?

On my phone the ear looked like a question mark. What do the eye and ear mean?

These are interesting. They're like puzzles, but I don't yet have the tools to figure them out unaided. For instance, I didn't occur to me to count the basketballs. And since Kyle was the hot topic, I didn't get that the same symbol would represent Kurt.

One minor quibble - I think 23XI said the number swap with Bubba is permanent. He'll stay in the #45, Reddick would get the #23.

IF Kyle has signed with RCR to drive the 8 makes me wonder what sponsors are signed as well to be on that car. I doubt 3Chi and Cheddar’s is enough to afford Kyle. Is CAT still with RCR? I find that aspect a very intriguing piece of the puzzle, I would assume that a big time sponsor would have to be signed or found for RC to afford the services of one Kyle Busch
I think Richard thinks he's signing Kyle LARSON. :p Once he finds out it's Busch, the deal will drop faster than an elk on one of Richard's game hunts.

I think Richard thinks he's signing Kyle LARSON. :p Once he finds out it's Busch, the deal will drop faster than an elk on one of Richard's game hunts.
Much like how Rick used HendrickCars.com to sponsor Larson when HMS signed him, maybe we’ll get a full seasons worth of Childress Vineyards on the 8. Pre order those hats and t-shirts now

Much like how Rick used HendrickCars.com to sponsor Larson when HMS signed him, maybe we’ll get a full seasons worth of Childress Vineyards on the 8. Pre order those hats and t-shirts now

When he wins, they bust a bottle of vino over the nose. That's a triple threat - it's great celebration, it pushes Richard's product, and it makes post-race inspection that much tougher. ;)

These are interesting. They're like puzzles, but I don't yet have the tools to figure them out unaided. For instance, I didn't occur to me to count the basketballs. And since Kyle was the hot topic, I didn't get that the same symbol would represent Kurt.

One minor quibble - I think 23XI said the number swap with Bubba is permanent. He'll stay in the #45, Reddick would get the #23.
" I Hear"

When he wins, they bust a bottle of vino over the nose. That's a triple threat - it's great celebration, it pushes Richard's product, and it makes post-race inspection that much tougher. ;)
Ha ha you have it all figured out.

I think there's only one Busch in play here. Kurt is done.
Kyle in a new 32 car makes more sense than him signing with RCR; he stays with Toyota (JGR satillite) and keeps KBM going.

I would guess that Kyle would have to agree to a smaller pay, and that Richard would have to pay some out of his own pocket. I wonder if Richard misses having a driver who a lot of the grandstand hates, yet is one of the best drivers. He was obviously very comfortable with that between Dale and to a smaller extent, Harvick.

Must be a money grab
I agree....and ridiculous how Poop Poop has played the media. Poor Richard after the big bad Reddick took the money which Richard said he didn't have, and ran. Now, he somehow can pay Kyle?n

Karl Malone Edition 🤣 hell yeah

Kyle in a new 32 car makes more sense than him signing with RCR; he stays with Toyota (JGR satillite) and keeps KBM going.
If Kurt is done and Kyle goes to 23XI, there's no reason for Reddick to get out of the #8. If 23XI has only two drivers (Bubba #45 and Kyle #23), then there's no need for a new car number until Reddick arrives in 2024.

That looks like the best deal he could make. Toyota/JGR might come to the party with their sponsors for the trucks. Might not also.

Nah, CAT left the sport unfortunately.

I hope it's Hershey's, just because. Not like they haven't had a relationship with RCR in the past...

Seems like Dale Jr. is just as confused as everyone else.
Seems like he isn't confused at all. How can you say he seems confused when he's literally telling us what's going on

They never said the number swap with Bubba is permanent. It's for the rest of  this season, they said.
I agree....and ridiculous how Poop Poop has played the media. Poor Richard after the big bad Reddick took the money which Richard said he didn't have, and ran. Now, he somehow can pay Kyle?n
What's it to you how RC allocates his funding, and how do you know something hasn't developed with a sponsor that wasn't on the table before with Reddick?
Why would Dale Jr tweet two definitive Busch messages simultaneously for one driver? So you're saying he basically said "Busch is going to the 8" and then "Busch is going to Jordan's 32" at the same time, but both about Kyle? That makes no sense. Dale Jr is a very thoughtful person. There's purpose behind it being two tweets.
I wonder if Richard misses having a driver who a lot of the grandstand hates, yet is one of the best drivers. He was obviously very comfortable with that between Dale and to a smaller extent, Harvick.
I could totally see this being the case. RC hasn't had a driver in several years now that really moves the needle. If they're making noise in the stands, they're making noise in the stands - cheers or boos. Dude's getting old, he's about to turn 77. Probably wants to see one more big impact driver in his cars before he kicks the bucket.

Why would Dale Jr tweet two definitive Busch messages simultaneously for one driver? So you're saying he basically said "Busch is going to the 8" and then "Busch is going to Jordan's 32" at the same time, but both about Kyle? That makes no sense. Dale Jr is a very thoughtful person. There's purpose behind it being two tweets.
Time will tell.

What if Jr is saying Kyle to the 8, but not with RCR?

Kurt retires, so Tyler moves to the 45 next season.

Dale Jr gets a charter from someone, who knows(I’d say Richard but it won’t work with what I’m going for here) and JRM is in Cup

Richard gives him the 8, since Richard has no real attachment to the number, and his second car becomes the 33 for Austin Hill.

What if Jr is saying Kyle to the 8, but not with RCR?

Kurt retires, so Tyler moves to the 45 next season.

Dale Jr gets a charter from someone, who knows(I’d say Richard but it won’t work with what I’m going for here) and JRM is in Cup

Richard gives him the 8, since Richard has no real attachment to the number, and his second car becomes the 33 for Austin Hill.
Too convoluted.

If Junebug was getting a charter, that would be as big, if not bigger, than where Kyle goes. He'd be tweeting about that coming together and plans for JRM, not what's up with the Busches.

The other issue is that if RCR puts another driver in the 8, they have to buy out Reddick, which means having to come up with even MORE money. That's why this scenario makes no sense to me. I can see why Richard would want Kyle, but the pieces just don't seem to fit very well. It seems like a LOT more sponsorship would have to pop up, and those deals just don't happen overnight. Not saying it won't happen, just curious how all the puzzle pieces fit.

The other issue is that if RCR puts another driver in the 8, they have to buy out Reddick, which means having to come up with even MORE money. That's why this scenario makes no sense to me. I can see why Richard would want Kyle, but the pieces just don't seem to fit very well. It seems like a LOT more sponsorship would have to pop up, and those deals just don't happen overnight. Not saying it won't happen, just curious how all the puzzle pieces fit.

Maybe Tyler wants to win a championship a little sooner. I’m sure a deal could be worked out.

Back
Top Bottom