Silly Season 2023

I hope this is successful but we seen lots of international stars climb in a one-shot Cup car and wind up laps down or on the hook.
The challenge is part of the fun, isn’t it? It’s always very tough to switch disciplines but it’s interesting to see who can wrap their heads around a different car the best, and it’s another great way to appeal to different audiences.

I’m hoping they can get some Supercars drivers like SVG or Chaz Mostert at some point myself.

I can't stand Hamlin, but you're not wrong. He might be a douche and he says really stupid things from time to time, but some of his points are reasonable.

I can't stand Hamlin either, BUT it IS so refreshing to see someone who doesn't seem to be scared to death of NASCAR. Denny comes off as obnoxious most of the time, but this sport NEEDS more people with actual chips in the game to speak their mind. Sunday night is a glaring example of why NASCAR NEEDS people who actually matter to challenge them to do better. This is the big leagues, not Saturday night hobby stock at Podunk Speedway.

I can't stand Hamlin either, BUT it IS so refreshing to see someone who doesn't seem to be scared to death of NASCAR. Denny comes off as obnoxious most of the time, but this sport NEEDS more people with actual chips in the game to speak their mind. Sunday night is a glaring example of why NASCAR NEEDS people who actually matter to challenge them to do better. This is the big leagues, not Saturday night hobby stock at Podunk Speedway.
Where have you been man? NASCAR has been in an Alliance with all of the team owners in bringing this car and the sport forward. NASCAR, Teams owners and all 3 manufacturers have been working in conjunction to make the sport more affordable, more competitive and more profitable. Everyone wants to pounce on the new negative shiny thing but they turn in to deaf mutes when the overall health of the sport is on the rise. No fun in that. This isnt big Bill or Bill Jr running the show anymore.

Where have you been man? NASCAR has been in an Alliance with all of the team owners in bringing this car and the sport forward. NASCAR, Teams owners and all 3 manufacturers have been working in conjunction to make the sport more affordable, more competitive and more profitable. Everyone wants to pounce on the new negative shiny thing but they turn in to deaf mutes when the overall health of the sport is on the rise. No fun in that. This isnt big Bill or Bill Jr running the show anymore.
Well color me unimpressed with most of that effort. I mostly see the France family looking out for the France family, the owners looking out for the owners, the Smith’s looking out for the Smith’s, the TV networks looking out for the networks, and not a whole lot of of just plain doing what is right and doing the job better. The entire All Star weekend start to finish is just a glaring reminder of how far out of touch these people are.

Well color me unimpressed with most of that effort. I mostly see the France family looking out for the France family, the owners looking out for the owners, the Smith’s looking out for the Smith’s, the TV networks looking out for the networks, and not a whole lot of of just plain doing what is right and doing the job better. The entire All Star weekend start to finish is just a glaring reminder of how far out of touch these people are.
Color me shocked that you are unimpressed. We all are still waiting for you to join NASCAR and show them the error of their ways.

What evidence do you have that the overall health of the sport is on the rise?

NASCAR is struggling to get 40 cars each race, attendance is weak, and tv ratings continue to fall.

I'm not saying I have all the answers, but I'm not sure it's on the rise. I could see an argument that it's stopped declining on the whole.

NASCAR is struggling to get 40 cars each race, attendance is weak, and tv ratings continue to fall.

I'm not saying I have all the answers, but I'm not sure it's on the rise. I could see an argument that it's stopped declining on the whole.
Evidently you brought a knife to a gun fight. Go do some research and get back with me.

You can begin your research here

With the 91 team of TrackHouse becoming a reality next year, I really wonder if that could be Jimmie Johnson’s path to some NASCAR Cup races next if he doesn’t run the full time 2023 Indy Schedule. I’d like to see Juan Montoya run a road race too if possible. Justin Marks has been a smash hit as owner, he doesn’t miss.

With the 91 team of TrackHouse becoming a reality next year, I really wonder if that could be Jimmie Johnson’s path to some NASCAR Cup races next if he doesn’t run the full time 2023 Indy Schedule. I’d like to see Juan Montoya run a road race too if possible. Justin Marks has been a smash hit as owner, he doesn’t miss.
It will be interesting for sure. Very exciting.

Maybe Concrete Carl Edwards will come out of retirement and run at World Wide Technology Raceway and/or Nashville Superspeedway? :biggrin:

As sceptical as I may be about the competitiveness of guest star drivers, I'd rather see some fresh blood and new names than the #91 Better Days Gone By car, sponsored by Old Home Week.

As sceptical as I may be about the competitiveness of guest star drivers, I'd rather see some fresh blood and new names than the #91 Better Days Gone By car, sponsored by Old Home Week.

I’d love to see what some of these early & mid 40 year olds could do in a 3rd Trackhouse car. It’s a top 20-25 car given where the 2 full time cars are.

Carl Edwards, Jimmie Johnson, Ryan Newman, Juan Pablo Montoya all running a race

Like who?
I can't really say; I follow only NASCAR, IndyCar, and IMSA. There are plenty of other series around the world with drivers who have never sat in a Cup car. Someone suggested guys from Supercars; from what little I've seen, they're guys with relevant experiences.

Why bring back guys who are past their prime that we've already seen? No Johnson, Montoya, Edwards, Stewart, Kenseth, or Gordon, please (assuming they're even interested). Isn't that what SRX is for?

I’d love to see what some of these early & mid 40 year olds could do in a 3rd Trackhouse car. It’s a top 20-25 car given where the 2 full time cars are.

Carl Edwards, Jimmie Johnson, Ryan Newman, Juan Pablo Montoya all running a race
I’d like to see Daniel Ricciardo, not gonna lie. Hope he’s young enough though. The big catch would be Lewis Hamilton....that’d be so incredible to see. I’m getting out over my skis here but I think this will be a cool idea no matter who is driving.

I can't really say; I follow only NASCAR, IndyCar, and IMSA. There are plenty of other series around the world with drivers who have never sat in a Cup car. Someone suggested guys from Supercars; from what little I've seen, they're guys with relevant experiences.

Why bring back guys who are past their prime that we've already seen? No Johnson, Montoya, Edwards, Stewart, Kenseth, or Gordon, please (assuming they'reeven interested). Isn't that what SRX is for?
Montoya can still go, he just won a championship in IMSA right? Johnson held his own at Texas a few weeks ago in Indy Car and might be a factor on Sunday, he’s still got a little left I think. I agree with you on the other fellas you named, they won’t be doing it. Actually I was thinking, let’s get the Taylor boys on a road course in this car.

Montoya can still go, he just won a championship in IMSA right? Johnson held his own at Texas a few weeks ago in Indy Car and might be a factor on Sunday, he’s still got a little left I think. I agree with you on the other fellas you named, they won’t be doing it. Actually I was thinking, let’s get the Taylor boys on a road course in this car.
If JJ were interested, he could ask Rick and Jeff for a car any time he wanted. JPM probably could have found a one-off before now if he was interested. Edwards' lack of interest couldn't be more obvious.

I can get behind the Taylors.

Why bring back guys who are past their prime that we've already seen? No Johnson, Montoya, Edwards, Stewart, Kenseth, or Gordon, please (assuming they're even interested). Isn't that what SRX is for?

Why not? You got any ideas hoss? Seriously tho I have no clue who’s on their radar.

Johnson, Montoya, Newman, Stewart, Kenseth all still race. Nothing wrong with running a one off in Cup

Sure is, the possibilities are just about endless. It sounds like they might be able to get some heavy hitters, it’ll be fun to see.
Absolutely 100%...years ago it was so cool to see who was going to try and make the Daytona 500. When was the last time a surprise name showed up to try? Last I really remember was Al Unser in the 46 car.

Why not? You got any ideas hoss? Seriously tho I have no clue who’s on their radar.

Johnson, Montoya, Newman, Stewart, Kenseth all still race. Nothing wrong with running a one off in Cup
True, but with that being said not one of those drivers will sit down in a car thats not capable of winning. Trackhouse has produced winning cars, but when you start spreading yourself thin the competitiveness could suffer. The drivers you mentioned have nothing to prove and dont want to be also rans. Perhaps its time to give someone new a chance?

If JJ were interested, he could ask Rick and Jeff for a car any time he wanted. JPM probably could have found a one-off before now if he was interested. Edwards' lack of interest couldn't be more obvious.

I can get behind the Taylors.
The thing with that is if JJ wanted to race a car for HMS...there’s no room at the inn. They can’t field a 5th car unless its a rookie..it’s s nascar rule I believe. This is all hypothetical of course, but if JJ got the itch to run a few one off’s...maybe TrackHouse could scratch it.

True, but with that being said not one of those drivers will sit down in a car thats not capable of winning. Trackhouse has produced winning cars, but when you start spreading yourself thin the competitiveness could suffer. The drivers you mentioned have nothing to prove and dont want to be also rans. Perhaps its time to give someone new a chance?

I would say Zane Smith but he’s in a ford. Maybe some road ringers but just not sure who’s out there. Hemric & Gragson are in the 16 part time.

Zane Smith and Noah Gragson do not fit Marks’ bill.

Expand your horizons.

Vague. If you have something to say further info, say it, if not don’t put it out that you’re “in the know.”

Might as well hire Jesse Iwuji I guess he “fits the bill”

Vague. If you have something to say further info, say it, if not don’t put it out that you’re “in the know.”

Might as well hire Jesse Iwuji I guess he “fits the bill”
It has nothing to do with what I have to say nor is further info required.

Simply read what the man who’s putting this idea together had to say. Having done that myself, I’m as “in the know” as you are.

It has nothing to do with what I have to say nor is further info required.

Simply read what the man who’s putting this idea together had to say. Having done that myself, I’m as “in the know” as you are.

Well “global stars” from F1 or IndyCar shouldn’t just be able to jump immediately into a Cup car if that’s who it is. They need to run an ARCA race and Truck race before running a Cup one.

Well “global stars” from F1 or IndyCar shouldn’t just be able to jump immediately into a Cup car if that’s who it is. They need to run an ARCA race and Truck race before running a Cup one.
I thought that’s a rule for running Daytona or Dega. I thought if it was a road course it’s fair game. Not sure about intermediates or short tracks though…you very well could be right

I thought that’s a rule for running Daytona or Dega. I thought if it was a road course it’s fair game. Not sure about intermediates or short tracks though…you very well could be right

Shouldn’t be but nothing surprises me.

Back
Top Bottom