Silly Season 2023

I could see it. This contract is more than likely going to be his final really big payday. If SHR/Ford (or somebody else) can give him a bigger wad of cash then he's going to take it. As far as his truck team, since it's all Illmor motors anymore anyway, that's just bodies and shuffling some sponsorships/pay drivers out and in.

The guys on DBC were hunting that they may be looking for a replacement for the 41 driver?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

What's their logic? Cole isn't running super well.....OK, so what? Joe Custer is still the President of SHR, right?

I could see it. This contract is more than likely going to be his final really big payday. If SHR/Ford (or somebody else) can give him a bigger wad of cash then he's going to take it. As far as his truck team, since it's all Illmor motors anymore anyway, that's just bodies and shuffling some sponsorships/pay drivers out and in.

True, but you would figure Toyota would want to keep KBM for their development program. I guess they could make do with JGR's Xfinity and ARCA efforts and help support another Toyota truck team, but that doesn't seem ideal.

If Almirola still ends up retiring, I guess Kyle Busch in the 10 would make sense. And to my knowledge, Tony doesn't dislike Kyle, right?

If Ford Performance is willing to put in the effort with KBM in the truck series and get a pipeline going for themselves, I don't see why you don't sign Kyle.

Kyle is really the cog in TRD's system working in order to decide if a prospect is worth continuing to push past the ARCA and Truck series level.

Keith Kuntz Motorsports is the starting point.
Then to ARCA with a Venturini or KBM, but Venturini has turned into a pay driver frenzy this year. Well, I think Jesse Love is the only TRD prospect there currently on a full-time basis.
KBM in the Truck Series.
JGR in the Xfinity Series.

They (Wilson, TRD, and JGR reps) were touting they were close to acquiring a sponsor, but it must have fallen through. I have no clue, but I think this will cut a lot closer than originally thought. Mars and its B2B brands will be hard to replace, but hopefully something materializes for them. I'd honestly see Kyle hate to leave TRD on a bad note like this.

If Ford Performance is willing to put in the effort with KBM in the truck series and get a pipeline going for themselves, I don't see why you don't sign Kyle.

Kyle is really the cog in TRD's system working in order to decide if a prospect is worth continuing to push past the ARCA and Truck series level.

Keith Kuntz Motorsports is the starting point.
Then to ARCA with a Venturini or KBM, but Venturini has turned into a pay driver frenzy this year. Well, I think Jesse Love is the only TRD prospect there currently on a full-time basis.
KBM in the Truck Series.
JGR in the Xfinity Series.

They (Wilson, TRD, and JGR reps) were touting they were close to acquiring a sponsor, but it must have fallen through. I have no clue, but I think this will cut a lot closer than originally thought. Mars and its B2B brands will be hard to replace, but hopefully something materializes for them. I'd honestly see Kyle hate to leave TRD on a bad note like this.
I’m guessing and totally spitballing but if David Wilson wants Kyle Busch to stay, then can’t he have TRD/Toyota sponsor the 18 himself much like GM Goodwrench did with Dale Earnhardt? This also would seem like a hell of an opportunity for Ford to swoop in and not only steal Kyle but that KBM pipeline you alluded to.

I’m guessing and totally spitballing but if David Wilson wants Kyle Busch to stay, then can’t he have TRD/Toyota sponsor the 18 himself much like GM Goodwrench did with Dale Earnhardt? This also would seem like a hell of an opportunity for Ford to swoop in and not only steal Kyle but that KBM pipeline you alluded to.
Possibly, I think Wilson would be A OK with that decision.

However, in the grand scheme of things if Toyota has to place its brands on the 18. What ripple effect could play a role for the lesser series? Interstate Batteries, DeWalt, Sport Clips, and Yahoo have all been moving around to different cars this year.

Probably will see that type of patchwork with Kyle until they find sponsor(s) to make up for the losses. Also, Ford has stepped back on driver development so much, I wonder if they would be willing to expand again? Remember, Roush was the place for Ford backed drivers could go to grow and Roush has downsized so much over the past 5 to 7 years.

To think as of right now, Burton and Gilliland are it. Only two Fords are full-time in Xfinity, so I wonder if Ford would be willing to help KBM be that transition piece for new drivers in the future? Penske still has their Xfinity equipment, but no drivers to speak of atm. Right now, Tanner Gray and Hailie Deegan are it for Ford, I'll count Herbst as well because he has money to keep his place in SHR.

I would imagine Kyle is asking for an absurd amount of money by today's standards. He has KBM, Rowdy, his own charity, and I'm sure a ton of other ventures we're not aware of. As much as I hate the guy, he seems to have the most going on for him out of any active driver today, and surely has a sharp business sense. I would ASSume he's asking for a few million $$$ more than is viable in this market.... and I don't know why given its just a drop in the bucket and he/his name is worth gold... its not like he and Samantha are gonna have to start selling their kidneys if the fat is trimmed from his next contract. Dare I say he might be greedy? Who knows...

Cole seems like a decent guy, but I’d be more than okay with this. It’s over midway through year 3 and he hasn’t shown notable improvement. He’s being significantly outperformed by Almirola and Briscoe both, despite the team’s overall troubles.
I agree. I've noticed in recent weeks that, everywhere you look, there is a story about how Aric Almirola might un-retire. And the thought I've had is... where there's a lot of smoke, there may be some fire.

I've even had the thought recently that maybe Harvick is hanging up his helmet a year earlier than contract expiration... that maybe his plan was somehow connected to all these stories about Almirola returning next year. So maybe you just erase Harvick and insert Custer in that idea. Still, it's nothing but complete speculation on my part.

Regarding Kyle Busch, I gotta LOL about the die-hard Chevy fans plotting Kyle Busch to Ford... NO! We don't want him. You guys wanna move him out of Preacher Joe's shop, then you gotta take him... and like it (as my mother used to say). I'm kinda sorta a low-key Ford fan, but I'd hate to see KDB in any Ford. And it's just my opinion, but I think all the focus on the truck team is letting the tail wag the dog.

What's their logic? Cole isn't running super well.....OK, so what? Joe Custer is still the President of SHR, right?
He is, but as long as it’s mostly Gene Haas’s branding in that car most of the year, Cole probably has to run well to justify his investment, right? I don’t think he just wants to pay for an employee’s son to go for a Sunday drive each week. If it’s Haas-funded why not squeeze as much performance out of the car as possible?

Tony wasn’t pleased with Ford putting the kibosh on Larson, and for a supposedly top team their lineup is lacking in comparison to a JGR, HMS, Penske. It’s about time that team makes a splash move again.

I agree. I've noticed in recent weeks that, everywhere you look, there is a story about how Aric Almirola might un-retire. And the thought I've had is... where there's a lot of smoke, there may be some fire.

I've even had the thought recently that maybe Harvick is hanging up his helmet a year earlier than contract expiration... that maybe his plan was somehow connected to all these stories about Almirola returning next year. So maybe you just erase Harvick and insert Custer in that idea. Still, it's nothing but complete speculation on my part.

Regarding Kyle Busch, I gotta LOL about the die-hard Chevy fans plotting Kyle Busch to Ford... NO! We don't want him. You guys wanna move him out of Preacher Joe's shop, then you gotta take him... and like it (as my mother used to say). I'm kinda sorta a low-key Ford fan, but I'd hate to see KDB in any Ford. And it's just my opinion, but I think all the focus on the truck team is letting the tail wag the dog.
I’d be elated if Kyle Busch Round himself driving for a Chevy team in 03...I just don’t see where though.

We just couldn't make it work for Kyle, we just hate it. He was like family to us. We were FORCED to put Ty in the 18 car and we will try to suffer thru the change and have Ty try his best to match Kyle's phenomenal 4 wins in the last three years.
I keep wondering if JGR has been slow playing Busch to see what Truex was going to do. Truex retires, Ty goes to the 19 and Kyle gets re-signed. Now that Truex is coming back, they have to decide to make the future now and put Ty in the 18 or keep Kyle and see where things are this time next year. Me personally, I get in no hurry to move Ty up. One more year in Xfinity isn't going to hurt things.

I keep wondering if JGR has been slow playing Busch to see what Truex was going to do. Truex retires, Ty goes to the 19 and Kyle gets re-signed. Now that Truex is coming back, they have to decide to make the future now and put Ty in the 18 or keep Kyle and see where things are this time next year. Me personally, I get in no hurry to move Ty up. One more year in Xfinity isn't going to hurt things.
Toyota doesn't have the $$ to say the hell with it we are going to run Kyle next year speaks volumes to me.

Toyota doesn't have the $$ to say the hell with it we are going to run Kyle next year speaks volumes to me.
Well Kyle probably wants $5-15M to drive & then operations cost probably roughly $20-35M for a season. Cup series is pricing everyone out.

Well Kyle probably wants $5-15M to drive & then operations cost probably roughly $20-35M for a season. Cup series is pricing everyone out.
not everyone, not SHR with Kurt, or Larson with Hendrick. With toyota mico managing JGR and is the tweeting "spokesman" for the bunch at JGR btw no other OEM speaks for their team, you would think they yotas would cover JGR, they seem to be running the show over there.

not everyone, not SHR with Kurt, or Larson with Hendrick. With toyota mico managing JGR and is the tweeting "spokesman" for the bunch at JGR btw no other OEM speaks for their team, you would think they yotas would cover JGR, they seem to be running the show over there.

JGR has been built around Toyota/TRD. Toyota has the winning end.

I think a good indicator of Busch leaving is if Sammy Smith & Corey Heim move up to Xfinity Series. JGR/TRD doesn’t want to lose Michael Annett I mean Sammy Smith unlimited $ 😂.

Guessing if Kyle Busch does go another route, the whole truck program will leave TRD. Too much logistics in all this.

JGR has been built around Toyota/TRD. Toyota has the winning end.

I think a good indicator of Busch leaving is if Sammy Smith & Corey Heim move up to Xfinity Series. JGR/TRD doesn’t want to lose Michael Annett I mean Sammy Smith unlimited $ 😂.

Guessing if Kyle Busch does go another route, the whole truck program will leave TRD. Too much logistics in all this.
The truck program is held up by toyota business to business sponsors, just look at the side of their trucks. I don't see him taking the trucks anywhere, he is stuck where he is at and they could jerk the rug out of that pop corn stand at any time. These toyota people are like McDonalds franchise owners

The truck program is held up by toyota business to business sponsors, just look at the side of their trucks. I don't see him taking the trucks anywhere, he is stuck where he is at and they could jerk the rug out of that pop corn stand at any time. These toyota people are like McDonalds franchise owners

I wonder how much the B2B actually contributes. Those kids pay and then put a logo on the car to pretend they don’t. Just like Herbst Monster deal.

In the whole Kyle deal part of me even wonders how much they car about his truck team anymore as driver development. Seems like some of his guys in truck are there because of money and it seems like TRD has all but given up on driver development in the xfinity series. You have Ty, that didn't even race a KBM truck that I know of, you have Brandon Jones who appears to be a lifer in the xfinity series, at best. Then you have the rent-a-ride of the 18 that literally anyone with money can have

Speaking of Ford I saw somewhere (can't remember - maybe Facebook) people mentioning maybe Brad should sign him on etc.

While I don't for a minute see that happening, not because of Brad and Kyle's history, but rather because I want see Kyle wanting to downgrade like that, it WOULD really bring things for circle for Kyle.
Wonder what the issue is over at Roush that Brad can’t even fix. Thought the issue was a bunch of paycheck collectors not doing anything. Hopefully they get better over time. I’ve turned into a Brad fan lol

I wonder how much the B2B actually contributes. Those kids pay and then put a logo on the car to pretend they don’t. Just like Herbst Monster deal.
Monster has been a sponsor at SHR for a long time, back when Kurt drove for them.

In the whole Kyle deal part of me even wonders how much they car about his truck team anymore as driver development. Seems like some of his guys in truck are there because of money and it seems like TRD has all but given up on driver development in the xfinity series. You have Ty, that didn't even race a KBM truck that I know of, you have Brandon Jones who appears to be a lifer in the xfinity series, at best. Then you have the rent-a-ride of the 18 that literally anyone with money can have
Kinda like mud in you eye because TRD jumped over the trucks to Xfinity with Ty and now Sammy Smith

Monster has been a sponsor at SHR for a long time, back when Kurt drove for them.

What?

Monster was never an SHR sponsor. They followed Kurt to Ganassi and 23XI.

Herbst has been sponsored by Monster for years, before he was ever associated with SHR. Monster is likely the only reason he got that ride, or JGR before that. Monster signs with drivers, not teams.

What?

Herbst has been sponsored by Monster for years, before he was ever associated with SHR. Monster is likely the only reason he got that ride, or JGR before that. Monster signs with drivers, not teams.
1658380957695.png

1658380988739.png

1658381077014.png

What?

Pay attention to the bold

Yes, I'm aware that Monster sponsored Kurt when he drove the 41. We're all aware.

Which SHR driver did Monster sponsor before Busch was there?

Which SHR driver did Monster sponsor once Busch left?
I said Monster was a sponsor at SHR for a long time, if you have a problem with that I don't know what to tell ya. I don't care where they went or how long they were gone. Monster is back with Herbst AT SHR.

I said Monster was a sponsor at SHR for a long time, if you have a problem with that I don't know what to tell ya.

Look at the post you quoted. You implied that Monster was sponsoring the 98 due to their relationship with SHR as opposed to their relationship with Herbst.

If you were trying to make a different point, I'm all ears.

Look at the post you quoted. You implied that Monster was sponsoring the 98 due to their relationship with SHR as opposed to their relationship with Herbst.

If you were trying to make a different point, I'm all ears.
What part do you not understand

What?

You said Monster has never been a sponsor at SHR? I think you need to read the bold part

What part do you not understand

Monster was once a sponsor of the 41 for a few years when Kurt drove for them.

Again, what's your point? Why did you feel the need to respond to Elev8's post? Are you just quoting people and stating random nuggets of information?

Back
Top Bottom