Silly Season 2023

On the topic of Ty. I honestly think one more year of Xfinity and he will be totally cup ready.

As of today he may be one of the 10 best talents in NASCAR. This kid is going to be winning races immediately, as a rookie, imo. It's been 15 years since we've had a rookie come out and win races/make Chase noise/championship noise and I think Ty is the next one to do that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So they’re covering all of their operating expenses with TV/purse money and bonuses?
No, i'm just saying they maximize sponsorship dollars as much as they can. The additional is extra $ in their pockets. As the point of owning any team.

If RC won't pay Reddick, he isn't paying Kyle. I am thinking he goes to SHR....Tony would give him the environment to stick it in everybody's ear, and Ford needs help with Driver Development.

I agree Kyle won't be going to RCR, however, do we know that he wouldn't pay Reddick, or did Reddick believe he was getting a superior ride with a chance to compete for championships etc?

I think Matt is in a good place. He says he is also. He made a difference to that team this year.

This guy on the other hand has almost single-handedly wiped a team out.

I agree Kyle won't be going to RCR, however, do we know that he wouldn't pay Reddick, or did Reddick believe he was getting a superior ride with a chance to compete for championships etc?
That's a really good point. Reddick did cite reasons for leaving, and none of them were about money.....but when is money ever acknowledged as a significant reason?

Preacher and the gang take a 25 million dollar hit and they are ready to cut their noses off trying to scramble around to make up for it. So lets get rid of the guy that brought in 25 mil for years. Great idea.

I listened to the replay of Kyle's media availability yesterday and it sure sounded like he thinks he'll be back at JGR next season

Kyle seems just about ready to burn that bridge with Preacherman.
I don't think so myself. Where would he go? And then starting over from where ever he lands. On the other hand, the yotas have had since the end of last season to scrape up some sponsorship. They should know from that time at the end of last season that the possibility of 25 mil falling from the sky with another sponsor is pretty much B.S.
The 10 million figure thrown around that Kyle supposedly was earning is another WTF. Very hard to even break even with the overhead and expenses paying one person 10 million and splitting the rest to the organization.

I don't think so myself. Where would he go? And then starting over from where ever he lands. On the other hand, the yotas have had since the end of last season to scrape up some sponsorship. They should know from that time at the end of last season that the possibility of 25 mil falling from the sky with another sponsor is pretty much B.S.
The 10 million figure thrown around that Kyle supposedly was earning is another WTF. Very hard to even break even with the overhead and expenses paying one person 10 million and splitting the rest to the organization.
There are at least 4 drivers making over 10 million. Denny, Kyle and Happy are three of those. I read somewhere that Kyle was pulling 15 mil and Denny at 18 mil

I can't speak for the 15 and 18 million numbers, but the 10 million number would not surprise me one bit, based on what I have heard other top shelf drivers were earning before everything went south. Did I just seen where Wrecky Stenhouse is selling his home for 16+ million? Hell, if I had a Cup team, he'd have to pay ME to drive it, so what does that say about the earning power of drivers that actually win races?

I think driver income and salary should be 2 different discussions. Drivers have a potential to make a lot of money guaranteed and sometimes with performance tiers. And then there's some drivers that just do a better job of selling themselves and make more off endorsements and merchandise than driving a car

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I can't speak for the 15 and 18 million numbers, but the 10 million number would not surprise me one bit, based on what I have heard other top shelf drivers were earning before everything went south. Did I just seen where Wrecky Stenhouse is selling his home for 16+ million? Hell, if I had a Cup team, he'd have to pay ME to drive it, so what does that say about the earning power of drivers that actually win races?
Yo k

Well, since you seem to KNOW that our numbers are wrong, why don't you share the CORRECT numbers? I am quite sure that Jimmie Johnson, Denny Hamlin, Kyle Busch and Kevin Harvick didn't make their fortunes on 5M a year, and none of them ever sold enough merch to make up that much difference.

Well, since you seem to KNOW that our numbers are wrong, why don't you share the CORRECT numbers? I am quite sure that Jimmie Johnson, Denny Hamlin, Kyle Busch and Kevin Harvick didn't make their fortunes on 5M a year, and none of them ever sold enough merch to make up that much difference.
I never said I know what they make for a living like you do bud. Of course your an expert on such things as the Hendrick car collection so I should have known you would know what everybodies salaries are based on more hearsay.

I think driver income and salary should be 2 different discussions. Drivers have a potential to make a lot of money guaranteed and sometimes with performance tiers. And then there's some drivers that just do a better job of selling themselves and make more off endorsements and merchandise than driving a car

Junior???? :cool:

Adam Stern is reporting that Erik Jones is basically a "done deal" to remain at Petty GMS for multiple years. I had been hoping to see That Jones Boy in the SHR 10 car, but it's not happening...

Adam Stern is reporting that Erik Jones is basically a "done deal" to remain at Petty GMS for multiple years. I had been hoping to see That Jones Boy in the SHR 10 car, but it's not happening...

Might be the best thing for Jones to stay with Petty-GMS. The team is improving bit by bit and I think he is the guy to help propel this team forward.

Good move with reduced expectations. I think he's thriving in that landscape.

I never said I know what they make for a living like you do bud. Of course your an expert on such things as the Hendrick car collection so I should have known you would know what everybodies salaries are based on more hearsay.

So basically you are convinced I'm wrong, but have nothing to back it up with?

Yeah, what's the latest on that? Aric announced his intention to retire, but is having second thoughts?
I know he came out saying he's been asked to come back and from rumors he hasn't exactly completely shut down the idea. Lots of rumors he'll be back, but we all know how rumors are

So basically you are convinced I'm wrong, but have nothing to back it up with?
Just for giggles, I poked around the net. A few weeks ago, I was ridiculed here for questioning Forbes net worth figures, well Forbes seems to think Kyle's current salary is north of 10 million a year, so it MUST be true........

No clue how accurate it is:
This was as of 2021.

Part of the problem with many of these lists, even if they are accurate is that most want to lump salary and race winnings in together, when they are two VERY different things, which further muddies the waters. Since NASCAR decided us fans no longer deserve to know what the race winngs are, we are left to guess even more.

DBC crowd seems to think almirola is staying put

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom