Silly Season 2023

How many here go back far enough to when Jayski actually broke news instead of just being an aggregator of printed news sources?
Jayski used to be my primary go to site every morning. I am not even sure the last time I was on that site. When it was bought out you knew it was over. That might have been how/when I stumbled on this site.

How many here go back far enough to when Jayski actually broke news instead of just being an aggregator of printed news sources?

I visited that site daily from 1997ish until whatever year they sold to ESPN and immediately went downhill.

Jayski used to be my primary go to site every morning. I am not even sure the last time I was on that site. When it was bought out you knew it was over. That might have been how/when I stumbled on this site.

Yeah, same. I know it's no longer an ESPN thing, but I still don't even bother checking it.

With Kurt Busch unable to compete for the playoffs, withdrawing the exemption, this presents a stronger case for the 23XI scenario in KDB’s plans. If his brother decides he should stop racing to protect his health, it makes a near perfect scenario: KDB takes over the 45, stays with Toyota, potentially has access to his max possible paycheck and other sponsors (via MJ connections and money). Not saying that is happening, but I’ve felt the delays may have been due to Kurt’s situation, and his need to make a decision on his future.

If Kurt retires I don’t blame him one bit. He’s had multiple concussions and this one was a doozy. They impact people for the rest of their lives. My wife still suffers from concussion syndrome after an auto accident a decade ago. Kurt, like Dale Jr, has a lot to offer in other ways than racing. I think he’d be great in the booth for Fox or replacing a gerbil.

Right now I'm just more concerned about Kurt and his health. Head injuries are serious and I just hope he's okay. Kurt is probably done racing, and it's a shame because he's an extremely talented driver, but it's gotta happen I think. Kurt also has absolutely nothing left to prove, he won Daytona, is 25th in all time wins, and has a championship.

ESPN's Jayski was closed after 2018. The site returned with the original layout under the original ownership in 2019.
Zane Smith will be returning to the 38 Truck full time and running the Daytona 500 for FRM, and also indication that there is “possibly” some Xfinity races as well.

This kinda surprises me. He's definitely ready for a full-time ride in Cup or Xfinity.

With Kurt Busch unable to compete for the playoffs, withdrawing the exemption, this presents a stronger case for the 23XI scenario in KDB’s plans. If his brother decides he should stop racing to protect his health, it makes a near perfect scenario: KDB takes over the 45, stays with Toyota, potentially has access to his max possible paycheck and other sponsors (via MJ connections and money). Not saying that is happening, but I’ve felt the delays may have been due to Kurt’s situation, and his need to make a decision on his future.

If Kurt retires I don’t blame him one bit. He’s had multiple concussions and this one was a doozy. They impact people for the rest of their lives. My wife still suffers from concussion syndrome after an auto accident a decade ago. Kurt, like Dale Jr, has a lot to offer in other ways than racing. I think he’d be great in the booth for Fox or replacing a gerbil.
There's one problem with that. Unless 23XI plans on going to a 3rd car, Reddick will be in the 45.

Zane Smith will be returning to the 38 Truck full time and running the Daytona 500 for FRM, and also indication that there is “possibly” some Xfinity races as well.

Kinda disappointing, tbh. Would sure like to see him in Xfinity full-time and don’t really see how another year of Trucks helps his development.

It’s still generally disappointing that Ford have 5 full-time entries across Xfinity and Trucks. I wonder if their lack of investment in that department isn’t a factor in him not moving up.

There's one problem with that. Unless 23XI plans on going to a 3rd car, Reddick will be in the 45.
They’ve reportedly been looking for another charter to buy. Reddick doesn’t start until 2024 unless he’s pushed out of his contract by RCR. Would require some extra steps but more possible today than yesterday. Kaulig is said to be front runner.

I don’t like KDB but his search for a ride is quite the story.

Kinda disappointing, tbh. Would sure like to see him in Xfinity full-time and don’t really see how another year of Trucks helps his development.

It’s still generally disappointing that Ford have 5 full-time entries across Xfinity and Trucks. I wonder if their lack of investment in that department isn’t a factor in him not moving up.
Maybe a BJ McLeod partnership or maybe SS GreenLight with Bobby Dotter? Ford is in an interesting place right now, they have pretty solid line-ups in Cup. I think they are doing the right thing with Zane and giving him time to really mature.

However, as you said what more does he need to prove in Trucks? I think one issue is that FRM does not have that next step for Xfinity, maybe the teams mentioned before will pony up on a partnership with them. Honestly, I think that 08 SSGLT car is pay to play, that would probably make the most sense with them having Ford Performance ties.

This would only be a one-year deal though because Reddick is going to be bubba's teammate which means Kyle Busch will be in the same situation a year from now. I'd imagine his next deal is longer-term than that

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The plan is for 23XI to be a four car team. However, there are many variables as to the timeline.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Goes from retiring for family reasons and now back to racing for multiple years no less, also for family reasons?
Clearly he was offered enough to keep him around. I know its a business and money is needed, but if I'm an owner he's no longer the guy I want in one of my cars. If he announced retirement clearly his heart and likely head aren't in it anymore

Well that’s a great deal for FRM.

I wonder if Ford might throw some more support behind them then. Could they really expand to three cars soon? McDowell is running as well as ever and has several years left in him, Gilliland may be on notice.

Back
Top Bottom