Silly Season 2023

Oh that’s salty….I’m sure you rooted for every one of Kyle’s wins since 2008 but I can’t believe this turn is happening. Never thought I’d see it.
I absolutely did root for every win. Every one. Celebrated the hell out of every win. I will be forever appreciative that he brought US OUR first win...championship, and will be the winningest Toyota driver for a very long time....if not all time.....but I have been 100% consistent. He leaves, I'm out. Toyota first....driver second. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Me either.

A few years ago, if you told me I would someday be rooting for Kyle Busch and Rev would be rooting against him, I would have questioned your sanity :XXROFL:
It's hilarious around here....See, I respect that you will be rooting for Kyle...I'm guessing because he will be in a Chevy....yet, there are those astonished that I will not be rooting for Kyle because he isn't in a Toyota anymore. I suspect that I will be seeing a ton of this kind of thing. Enjoy your new driver...I sure did!

Then you have me, who doesn’t give a damn what someone drives. I got Chevy, Ford, and Toyota drivers I root for. I ain’t out here about to change my opinion on a driver because of what is on the front of the car. Seems weird to me to care about what people drive.
I am good with that. Whatever draws people to the sport. I have my way, you have yours. All good.

Then you have me, who doesn’t give a damn what someone drives. I got Chevy, Ford, and Toyota drivers I root for. I ain’t out here about to change my opinion on a driver because of what is on the front of the car. Seems weird to me to care about what people drive.
I'm the same way. All car manufacturers make some good products and some not so great offerings too. All of the teams at the track are comprised of real people, it isn't just "Chevy" or "Toyota". Toyota is nothing without people on the ground that make "Toyota" happen everyday. Very strange to me to put a faceless corporation above all.

I'm the same way. All car manufacturers make some good products and some not so great offerings too. All of the teams at the track are comprised of real people, it isn't just "Chevy" or "Toyota". Toyota is nothing without people on the ground that make "Toyota" happen everyday. Very strange to me to put a faceless corporation above all.
Toyota is about the people. Real people. Who work really hard. I support them. They are the face of the corporation.

exactly. Like, whatever they wanna do it’s no skin off my back. But like I laugh when they claim they are the fan of a driver. It’s like “no you’re not, you’re a fan of their car.” Because they would cheer for whatever body is in that car.

Toyota is about the people. Real people. Who work really hard. I support them. They are the face of the corporation.
You support the person only when they can be used to drive one faceless corporate mothership forward, but then the second they leave, you have a bad taste in your mouth over them and wish them to fail.

Do you not realize that's ****** up? These are real humans. You like it when people are in the Toyota meat-grinder but you don't care about them as actual people with individual goals and aspirations outside of that meat-grinder.

exactly. Like, whatever they wanna do it’s no skin off my back. But like I laugh when they claim they are the fan of a driver. It’s like “no you’re not, you’re a fan of their car.” Because they would cheer for whatever body is in that car.
Yes, I will cheer for anybody in a Toyota. Absolutely.

You support the person only when they can be used to drive one faceless corporate mothership forward, but then the second they leave, you have a bad taste in your mouth over them and wish them to fail.

Do you not realize that's ****** up? These are real humans. You like it when people are in the Toyota meat-grinder but you don't care about them as actual people with individual goals and aspirations outside of that meat-grinder.
Yeah, I will try this one more time, then I am out. I support TRD and Toyota Racing. All of the real people who work under that banner. The driver is part of that. Really, a small yet significant part. When that part leaves the organizations I support, I support the driver who replaces him/her. I am appreciative of what that driver has done for MY organization, but he is gone. I wish him the best short of beating MY Toyotas.

Enjoy your day, and the race. Go Toyota.

Which is fine. Just don’t claim to be a for example Denny Hamlin fan. You’re a #11FedEx Toyota fan. Because if you’re a fan of a driver you stick with said driver.
I think I have been very clear on this. Toyota first. Driver second. Very clear.

Exactly. It's being a fan of the car and treating the drivers like bags of meat in that situation.
No really, but I do resent and disagree with NASCAR's promotion of the drivers at the expense of the hundreds of hard working people behind the scenes that make all of this happen. Those are my heroes. Those are the bags of meat who get ignored, really.

The hell I am! LOL. I have been consistent with this long before this was even conceivable.....Kyle leaves, and he becomes another guy to beat. Like all of the others, I am looking forward to kicking his ass next year. Good-bye.
No Bro I meant Kyle is a Chevy guy now lol

Which is fine. Just don’t claim to be a for example Denny Hamlin fan. You’re a #11FedEx Toyota fan. Because if you’re a fan of a driver you stick with said driver.
I don't know why this made me laugh so hard, but it did. :XXROFL:

Yo, I can't believe this is happening. I'm not surprised that Kyle left JGR, but I'm genuinely shocked that he's going to drive for the man who beat the stuffing out of him several years ago. It's the Two-Man Power Trip all over again! :lol2:

stonecoldtripleh.jpg

Kyle has been a Chevy guy this whole time. Glad he'll probably be more comfortable using his old Bel-Air in the public eye again now

Kyle has been a Chevy guy this whole time. Glad he'll probably be more comfortable using his old Bel-Air in the public eye again now
Well, it will reduce my cognitive dissonance at least. Harmony in the automotive universe. He will miss that Lexus....and the support for his FJ build just got cut off.

Can't help but wonder what someone like Revman would do if Toyota pulled out of racing like Dodge did several years ago. I was a Dodge fan but didn't throw in the towel when they left.

Sorry! LOL. I'm a bit twitchy.
Rev, I thoroughly enjoy your rants and perspective, plus the laughs we all enjoy as part of this process! You are as dedicated a racing fan as there is on this site. I don’t pull for Toyotas, and won’t pull for KDB in any brand, but bravo to you and all who are fans of either or both.

Now go Ross Chastain…I’m proud to get any arrows shot toward me as a result.

How is this different from stick and ball sports when you love a guy when he's on your team and hate him when he joins the competition?

I have been doing this over 40 years now. Drivers, teams and sponsors come and go. The ONLY thing that has remained for my is my manufacturer, so I get Rev's point of view. I too dumped a champion driver AND a marquee team because they changed brands.
What do you get from that manufacturer for your loyalty? This is a corporation controlled by board members that is ruthlessly chasing profit and should be competing for people's money.

Back
Top Bottom