Silly Season 2023

What tracks hasn't Jimmie won at, beside Roval?
Based off his last seasons schedule the ones he didn't have were Chicagoland, Kentucky, Watkins Glen. Only one of those is active. Currently would be Bristol Dirt, COTA, Road America (though not in 23) Gateway, Indy Road Course, Chicago Street.

Business to business, as compared with retailer to consumer. The sponsor is trying to reach corporate-level customers, not you and me. The guys that buy suites and invite purchasing agents from potential business partners. I sat in a luxury suite at Martinsville once when Sprint was after our company's cell phone business. I didn't have that authority anyway but the guy in our company who did have the say-so wasn't interested in racing.

A lot of B2B also deals with major sponsors pawning off some of the cost on their supplies or partners. Toyota may lean on key suppliers or associates to sponsor their development drivers. Menards will cajole suppliers like Rheem (Richmond Water Heaters) or Johns Manville to help sponsor the cars Menards sponsor. Hendrick's deal with Ally is one because Hendrick Automotive is one of Ally's biggest customers. Teams like Penske and Hendrick get motor oil sponsorship by using that brand oil in all their car dealerships.

Based off his last seasons schedule the ones he didn't have were Chicagoland, Kentucky, Watkins Glen. Only one of those is active. Currently would be Bristol Dirt, COTA, Road America (though not in 23) Gateway, Indy Road Course, Chicago Street.
You looked it up…so I don’t have to

Justin Marks is one impressive dude. Having a championship contending Cup team in its second year of existence is nothing short of phenomenal. The Project 91 initiative is top notch. Now he's bringing Jimmie Johnson back to NASCAR? What a guy. I didn't think he'd be so successful as an owner.

Thanks. Of course, notching wins at the tracks he missed may not be on his list at all.

Wait wasn't DGR like one of the only Ford teams in trucks? And don't they build the Front Row trucks for Zane Smith too?

Is Zane going to be the only Ford truck series driver next year?

Makes more sense as to why Hailie moved to Xfinity now if they really had no other choice on where to go with Ford.

So far, her deal is for one race in a barely mediocre car.

If Ford really wants to know whether or not she’s the one, they can put her in a properly engineered SHR Xfinity car with a professional crew. That would tell the tale. JMO, of course.

If Ford really wants to know whether or not she’s the one, they can put her in a properly engineered SHR Xfinity car with a professional crew. That would tell the tale. JMO, of course.

Is Herbst confirmed for the 98 next year? And wasn't there talk of SHR expanding their Xfinity program anyway?

I think SS-GreenLight or BJMM with SHR chassis/Ford Performance support would be a good fit. Less pressure from the start and it will be a deciding factor for Ford if she is worth the investment.

Also, the Grays are not going anywhere. They are baked in with DGR, but Taylor Gray outside of his earlier stupidity, is a pretty good prospect. Kind of excited to see him move up in a few years.

I think SS-GreenLight or BJMM with SHR chassis/Ford Performance support would be a good fit. Less pressure from the start and it will be a deciding factor for Ford if she is worth the investment.

Also, the Grays are not going anywhere. They are baked in with DGR, but Taylor Gray outside of his earlier stupidity, is a pretty good prospect. Kind of excited to see him move up in a few years.
Tanner Grey is a Ford prospect though, no?

Tanner Grey is a Ford prospect though, no?
Tanner has actually progressed quite well this season, he can be quick at times and move forward well in races. Still has a tendency to be crash prone, but he's solid.

Considering how bad the likes of Cody Coughlin (Low-hanging fruit) was, Tanner has fared well.

Back
Top Bottom