Silly Season 2024

Bud Light picking a guy that dresses like a woman to sell their beer has to be one of the dumbest marketing decisions ever. It will take a long time to recover from that.

Bud Light picking a guy that dresses like a woman to sell their beer has to be one of the dumbest marketing decisions ever. It will take a long time to recover from that.
It was red meat for about a week for the MAGA's, It's back to #1. They are looking like idiots this week when their star whistle blower turned out to be a Chinese spy and is on the lamb. lol.

This really sucks for SHR, although I'm not a fan of Busch myself. I hope they can find some good sponsors, Berry is very talented.

If I was going to worry about anything at SHR it would be Preece. He doesn't have a top anything so far this year. Preece is sitting in 25th. Almirola is worse than that but he gets a bye because he has a heavy sponsor. I think Berry is good enough to snag some decent finishes his first year.

And I forgot to say…how about Trackhouse? Quickly turning into the front running 2nd tier team, always making moves.
They're already knocking on the door of becoming a tier 1 team I'd say. Multiple wins, wins with different cars/drivers, runner up in title fight last season, have one of the most popular and polarizing drivers in the sport, and now that have one of the most prestigious corporate sponsors in the sport.

They are off to find another dog whistle. The Mexican brand outsold them because of Cinco de Mayo

Still, Bud Light remains the top-selling beer in America, according to NIQ data provided to CNN by Williams. NIQ measures sales at convenience, liquor and grocery stores across the United States. Bud Light has made up 35.1% of domestic beer sales this year (through May 27), according to NIQ. That easily beats No. 2 Coors Light, which controls 21.6% of the market.
That was before the advertising debacle.
Do you have any current figures?

An Australian site is reporting Brodie Kostecki should soon be announcing his Cup Series debut at the Indy RC. He currently sits 2nd in Supercars points and his team, Erebus Motorsport, were guests of RCR when Kyle Busch won at Gateway last month.

Are there any NASCAR owners currently involved in Supercars? Penske was the last one I was aware of.

And how soon will it be before a SC team fields a full-time car in a NASCAR touring series?

Are there any NASCAR owners currently involved in Supercars? Penske was the last one I was aware of.

And how soon will it be before a SC team fields a full-time car in a NASCAR touring series?
None after Roger finished what he set out to accomplish there. One of the Erebus guys said Childress wants to go make a trip out there though, so he may be interested in getting involved.

A SC team building one up over here might be a big step financially but if they can make an affiliation work it could be possible.

I think at the very least at this point we owe them a Kyle Larson or Chase Elliott one-off at Adelaide in late November though. 😁

None after Roger finished what he set out to accomplish there. One of the Erebus guys said Childress wants to go make a trip out there though, so he may be interested in getting involved.

A SC team building one up over here might be a big step financially but if they can make an affiliation work it could be possible.

I think at the very least at this point we owe them a Kyle Larson or Chase Elliott one-off at Adelaide in late November though. 😁
Tbh I think Allmendinger would have the best shot out of Nascar drivers there.

Am I the only one worried about SHR future? I mean, not only are they losing Harvick but now Busch as well... I'm afraid it all but confirms their demise

I haven't been on here much lately, but has there been any rumors about MTJ's future?

Am I the only one worried about SHR future? I mean, not only are they losing Harvick but now Busch as well... I'm afraid it all but confirms their demise
I’m inclined to “worry” about things that can affect my life.

The rising and falling fortunes of a race team that belongs to a billionaire and a multi-millionaire don’t make the list.

Teams come, teams go. At one point Roush was fielding five cars, with at least three of them a threat to win every week. Furniture Row was a bottle rocket climbing to its apex, dazzling everyone with its explosive performance, and quickly fading. Right now Trackhouse is the darling. Plenty of teams have lasted less time than SHR, with far less success.

They obviously have a sponsor coming for Berry. Also Love's Travel Stop might follow McDowell from FRM that is the rumor right now.
I would think it's going to to take a lot more money for Loves to get their name of the side of an SHR car than what they're paying now

I’m inclined to “worry” about things that can affect my life.

The rising and falling fortunes of a race team that belongs to a billionaire and a multi-millionaire don’t make the list.
I still haven't got over Rick Hendrick having to put his name on the side of Larson's car. It has got so bad that Rick is putting his name on the side of the Xfinity cars and the Truck series. I worry every day he will file bankruptcy. #wolfisatthedoor

I still haven't got over Rick Hendrick having to put his name on the side of Larson's car. It has got so bad that Rick is putting his name on the side of the Xfinity cars and the Truck series. I worry every day he will file bankruptcy. #wolfisatthedoor
I remember the angst on here and on broader socials that Rick putting HendrickCars.com on the sides and hood of the 5 was a bad business move. "How Could he Do this?!", "Larson cant find sponsors, hes toxic!"......10 wins and 1 championship later I think we can all agree its worked out for the best. Too bad HendrickCars.com isnt a Walmart Sponsor or Real Sponsor, maybe Rick sold a Corvette or two to pay for it.

Rick's going to sell his Cup assets and take his 'Vettes to IMSA.

Rick's going to sell his Cup assets and take his 'Vettes to IMSA.
I thought he had already sold them so he could pay his race shop employees.

Chad Lee (aka Chadly or Chadwick) will get paid, no worries.

The Felon will always keep a minimum of Vettes on hand as an investment and a rainy day fund in case he ever needs them to make bail or bond.

Back
Top Bottom