Silly Season 2024

Is it though? We used to see 43 car field where at least 5 cars were either moving chicanes or start and parks. What NASCAR needs to do is get rid of this charter leasing and swapping crap and actually enforce performance standards. RWR shouldn't be able to hoard charters and strategically swap them to avoid a performance penalty. If charters were seized by NASCAR for nonperformance and put on the market, the price would go down.
Remember the good ole days when 17 cars would show up and the winner would win by five laps?

Would be interested if SVG go full time next season. I think would be a hot commodity with the amount of RC on the schedule and bringing a sponsor like Red Bull with him.

Trackhouse and SHR make the most sense especially if Red Bull moves over. He already has the relationship with Trackhouse and the team is fully capable of buying a charter.

Or SHR to replace Almirola because if he did sign with them SVG would.be the most likely to get them into the playoffs next year. plus I feel he and Stewart would get on very well, both are willing to drive anything and be good at it.

Between the lines, I guess Corey's management doesn't see anything better opening up in the next couple of years.
I was thinking the exact same thing. And I mean, that makes sense. No room at the inn at HMS, Trackhouse, Penske, RFK, JGR... Only opening is possibly the 10, but aside from that it's slim pickins.

Spire’s performance is on the rise. Lajoie’s average finish so far this year is much improved over all previous seasons.

The team is also pretty well connected. Byron, Elliott and Larson have all run races in Spire’s Trucks. At his age, he probably thinks it’s better to be the focal point rather than an afterthought on a “better” team.

It's obviously "Go Watermeloning" blatantly copied idea from the race sponsor "Go Bowling". Nascar needs to do something about Woke stealing of advertising ideas by Anheuser Busch. It's totally getting out of hand.

I was thinking the exact same thing. And I mean, that makes sense. No room at the inn at HMS, Trackhouse, Penske, RFK, JGR... Only opening is possibly the 10, but aside from that it's slim pickins.
I believe it was Jr who has talked to him about possibly staying at Spire, being the focal point and helping to build the program. Rather than going to a marginally better team and starting over again.

Like Aunty said he and his teams performance has been better this year. Unfortunately, he crapped the bed when he got the chance to drive the 9.

I believe it was Jr who has talked to him about possibly staying at Spire, being the focal point and helping to build the program. Rather than going to a marginally better team and starting over again.

Like Aunty said he and his teams performance has been better this year. Unfortunately, he crapped the bed when he got the chance to drive the 9.

I don’t see how Corey did a bad job. Certainly could have been better.

Berry’s 1st race in the 9:
Practice: 29th
Qualifying: 32nd
Race: 29th (0 stage points)

I’ve been a fan of Berry, but he’s had to rely on strategy, clean air & Xfinity results more so, thus far.

Corey Lajoie’s 1st race in the 9:
Practice: 30th
Qualifying: 30th
Race: 21st (0 stage points)

Not at all.

Obviously, cantaloupe is under-represented in professional auto racing. That’s about to change.
You would have to be blind to miss it. A watermelon ale or flavored beer is coming to a store near you beginning tommorow.
Oh, man! I thought it was a cucumber!

Dunno how good a match Ross is for the Busch Light customer base, guess we’ll see.

Stewart Haas now has a giant AB sized hole in the #4 sponsorship line up.

Even if Gene ponies up the difference, it’s still cheaper than F1.

GREAT DAY for Ross and Trackhouse Racing! One of the most premier sponsors in the sport partners with the everyday wheelman star whose rise to fame is as Americana as it gets. PLUS, aligning with Trackhouse is a huge boost to that team’s future.

Shows A-B is serious about connecting their brands with hard working consumers and fans of beer. The debacle of the transbrand stupidity is killing Bud Light. Maybe they hope Busch Lite can replace it.

The stupid bigots and a**holes are killing Bud Light
They are off to find another dog whistle. The Mexican brand outsold them because of Cinco de Mayo

Still, Bud Light remains the top-selling beer in America, according to NIQ data provided to CNN by Williams. NIQ measures sales at convenience, liquor and grocery stores across the United States. Bud Light has made up 35.1% of domestic beer sales this year (through May 27), according to NIQ. That easily beats No. 2 Coors Light, which controls 21.6% of the market.

I really wanted to see Budweiser back! Not a good moment in time for SHR, they’re losing their #1 driver and one of their top sponsors, I don’t know how that can be spun as a positive. On another note, those Busch schemes with the Trackhouse artists are going to be a work of art

GREAT DAY for Ross and Trackhouse Racing! One of the most premier sponsors in the sport partners with the everyday wheelman star whose rise to fame is as Americana as it gets. PLUS, aligning with Trackhouse is a huge boost to that team’s future.

Shows A-B is serious about connecting their brands with hard working consumers and fans of beer. The debacle of the transbrand stupidity is killing Bud Light. Maybe they hope Busch Lite can replace it.
It wasn't approved by senior level execs. Just by a now-fired marketing executive. The MAGA crowd can't let go though.

It wasn't approved by senior level execs. Just by a now-fired marketing executive. The MAGA crowd can't let go though.
I'm a marketing guy, besides missing the target market mark with that whole thing...the God's honest truth is that as a beer...it's just awful.

P.S. Yes, I'm one of those hop sniffing craft beer nerds, but I stand by my assessment of Bud Light.

I admit that all the fuss about Pitbull put me off. I originally had this team down as another celebrity-owned failure-to-be.

I'll own this one. My bad.
Musically Pitbull isn't my cup o tea*, but he does have a big following and an "energy" about him (read youth interest). And it fits nicely into the Trackhouse is racing AND entertainment narrative.

*You'd all be asking who this group Eureka Machines was if I booked the Super Bowl Half Time show. Yeah, just me a a bunch of people from Leeds seem to know.

I'm a marketing guy, besides missing the target market mark with that whole thing...the God's honest truth is that as a beer...it's just awful.

P.S. Yes, I'm one of those hop sniffing craft beer nerds, but I stand by my assessment of Bud Light.
I've always liked Bud Light 🤷‍♂️. Couldn't stand Miller, Corona, or Natty Light though.

Hey, they made a mistake giving her that VP power, and her Senior VP Marketing boss for allowing it or not overseeing it (he was fired also). Having said that, I’m looking forward to adding Busch Light to our bar fridge beside Yuengling and Schafly

Back
Top Bottom