Silly Season 2024

Just going out on a limb here to say this thread has gone just a bit off track. I wish I could find it within myself to care how much drivers made or what insurance different posters carry but anyways here’s some news on 2024 sponsors and a few other nuggets
These have already been posted. Logano in the sponsor thread, Spire in the Spire thread, and the third one you posted is a bunch of conjecture as to who goes where and most of it is old news, but at least is on topic and should be in this thread. It's the off season and staying anything close to on topic is a rarity. BUT as you can see, it gets posted somewhere. The silly season thread becomes a catch all. Who is sponsoring Logano is a silly season post or a sponsorship post? :idunno: This usually happens when the silly season is mostly over. Some guy comes along way before silly season in the year of 23 and makes a 2024 thread long before 23 is over. Eh, it is what it is.

These have already been posted. Logano in the sponsor thread, Spire in the Spire thread, and the third one you posted is a bunch of conjecture as to who goes where and most of it is old news, but at least is on topic and should be in this thread. It's the off season and staying anything close to on topic is a rarity. BUT as you can see, it gets posted somewhere. The silly season thread becomes a catch all. Who is sponsoring Logano is a silly season post or a sponsorship post? :idunno: This usually happens when the silly season is mostly over. Some guy comes along way before silly season in the year of 23 and makes a 2024 thread long before 23 is over. Eh, it is what it is.
I was trying to get thread back on topic, insurance carriers of members wasnt stimulating enough for me but I digress if others are eating it up.

Driver salaries have decreased massively. Yeah if you were a backmarker 15 years ago, you had a real good living. Now the bottom-ish ten Cup guys and the bottom half of the Xfinity field live a life that's pretty on-par with upper middle class Americans.
Upper middle class lifestyle? Lol the last thing that any of these guys should be complaining about publicly is pay considering even the bottom cup guys are making more than probably 90% of the fan base.

I'll try to remain optimistic
You were smack dab right on topic for two posts. I go from off topic no hope posts to alternate threads. For example I posted the Enfinger post to the the Truck series thread also in case somebody wants to talk about his move. Got to have work arounds.

You were smack dab right on topic for two posts. I go from off topic no hope posts to alternate threads. For example I posted the Enfinger post to the the Truck series thread also in case somebody wants to talk about his move. Got to have work arounds.
Yea I mean I have been guilty of going off topic too many times to count but the last couple of pages have been mind numbing to me. You are right.... its the off-season, ample time to discuss whatever comes to mind

Just going out on a limb here to say this thread has gone just a bit off track. I wish I could find it within myself to care how much drivers made or what insurance different posters carry but anyways here’s some news on 2024 sponsors and a few other nuggets
How much are the crew chiefs gonna make and what's the insurance package? ;)

Upper middle class lifestyle? Lol the last thing that any of these guys should be complaining about publicly is pay considering even the bottom cup guys are making more than probably 90% of the fan base.

Uhhh yeah but your job doesn't have a 1-in-40ish annual likelihood of you getting injured does it?

I'm a ski instructor and I face similar high injury odds and it sucks. I lost 2 weeks of work last season due to injury.

Uhhh yeah but your job doesn't have a 1-in-40ish annual likelihood of you getting injured does it?

I'm a ski instructor and I face similar high injury odds and it sucks. I lost 2 weeks of work last season due to injury.
They know the dangers and are well compensated for it. My job requires me to spend about 200 nights a year away from home, I'm betting that those guys get more nights at home in a year than I do. So cry me a river when a back of the field cup guy is only pulling in $500K a year.

I fight fire for a living. You expect me to feel sorry for a guy who drives in a circle for a half million bucks a year? Nah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They know the dangers and are well compensated for it. My job requires me to spend about 200 nights a year away from home, I'm betting that those guys get more nights at home in a year than I do. So cry me a river when a back of the field cup guy is only pulling in $500K a year.
The back of the field Cup making $500k a year is years in the past now. When Bowman and Byron signed their first HMS Cup deals, it was allegedly only for 400-500k. Even big teams don't pay anywhere near like they did 15 years ago.

Surprised they brought Graf back. He was pretty bad although he got one top 10 near the end of the season

The back of the field Cup making $500k a year is years in the past now. When Bowman and Byron signed their first HMS Cup deals, it was allegedly only for 400-500k. Even big teams don't pay anywhere near like they did 15 years ago.
Giving those guys that salary for being unproven in cup and the ability to run some of the best equipment around isn't a bad deal at all. You know racing for HMS your stock can only go up.

Would you take $750k a year to run a RWR car or $500k a year to run a HMS car?

Giving those guys that salary for being unproven in cup and the ability to run some of the best equipment around isn't a bad deal at all. You know racing for HMS your stock can only go up.

No matter how you want to look at it, it speaks volumes about how much money has left the sport. Keep in mind too that the guys in this salary range aren't making much (if anything) from revenue streams outside of just driving the car. The souvenir, personal appearance (other than those contracted by the car sponsors) and outside endorsement deals are either dead or on life support for all but a handful at the top.

They are still making much more money than the majority of the fans.

Every single driver there has massive financial backing or has sponsors.

Willing to pay what JGR asks, they will stick with you.

It's embarassing though. You'd think they could find a sponsored driver better than Graff.

ZomboDroid_13122023041929.jpg

$750K will help cover my insurance :)

Is he bringing sponsorship? SHR is in dire need of that right now.
Are they? Yeah they lost some, but no one knows or at least is talking about who they have lined up for this year and lets be honest if they want Gene has the money to run a couple cars under the Haas name for a season

Are they? Yeah they lost some, but no one knows or at least is talking about who they have lined up for this year and lets be honest if they want Gene has the money to run a couple cars under the Haas name for a season
He's a Hendrick Cars.com kind of owner if the feels the need.

They lost two big sponsors in Smithfield and Busch. Hunt Brothers Pizza is also gone. There are some gaping holes on the 4 and 10 right now and Gene is already running the 41 mostly out of pocket. I suspect that there are some deals that haven't been announced or at least I hope so (for their sake).

Noah’s got a rich daddy (even tho he’s in prison)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom