Silly Season 2025

Kaulig/Spire/Trackhouse.

SVG is going to be in a cup car, Trackhouse believes in Zane Smith and wants to build with him as well. Now, Spire has their proven winner and veteran in McDowell. I could see SVG taking over the 16 next year as well.

I can see Hocevar moving to the 7, Zane to the 77, and McDowell is already confirmed the 71 for Spire.

Lajoie IMHO has options. Maybe Spire gets their truck youngsters in xfinity. I could see Corey stepping down or maybe if they have interest, I could see him in the 15 on a full-time basis with his funding he has from personal sponsorship. Corey helped Spire through its growth process and they were ready to move on, it's business. Corey will be find and will land somewhere, IMHO.

I wonder if Rodney had something to do with this? Now that I think about I don't recall him talk about working with Corey next year in his interview with Harvick. Maybe I missed it?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Why do some folks think Kyle is going to Spire? I’m intrigued at the thought of Kyle rocking Gainbridge colors with Rodney calling the shots on his pit box. Plus with the Andretti involvement in Spire, maybe opens up an avenue to try the Indy 500

Kaulig/Spire/Trackhouse.

SVG is going to be in a cup car, Trackhouse believes in Zane Smith and wants to build with him as well. Now, Spire has their proven winner and veteran in McDowell. I could see SVG taking over the 16 next year as well.

I can see Hocevar moving to the 7, Zane to the 77, and McDowell is already confirmed the 71 for Spire.

Lajoie IMHO has options. Maybe Spire gets their truck youngsters in xfinity. I could see Corey stepping down or maybe if they have interest, I could see him in the 15 on a full-time basis with his funding he has from personal sponsorship. Corey helped Spire through its growth process and they were ready to move on, it's business. Corey will be find and will land somewhere, IMHO.
i would like to see Rodney and Mcdowell ,i think they could win some racers

Corey isn’t bringing the consistency they feel their cars are capable of delivering on. I like the guy, but he does tend to overdrive his car, even when it has been more competitive this season. Probably old habits. Then again, KDB has clearly overdriven his cars this season, ruining multiple top 10 finishes late in the race. For Kyle I chalk it up to ego. Fo Corey, it just seems like his style.

Corey needs to go down to xfinity or trucks and be the new cup veteran in the lower series IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corey going down to become a fixture in Xfinity would be sort of poetic given his dad. I dunno how well the economics fit that now for 2025 but it at least hits some nostalgia notes for me.

Zilisch has been crowned the next Richard petty but I don’t buy it yet… immensely talented but he has 1 truck series start and reddit already has him winning the 2026 cup series championship

Zilisch has been crowned the next Richard petty but I don’t buy it yet… immensely talented but he has 1 truck series start and reddit already has him winning the 2026 cup series championship

He's 17, I can't see anybody saying that, but he's a good prospect.

Really hoping the 12th prospect develops into a solid cup driver...Corey Day.
I miss the days when established top dirt drivers would get a shot at NASCAR. It didn't work out many times but it was great watching guys like Kinser, the Swindells, Purvis and Combs get a chance at the bigs. I wonder if Rico had another shot now how that might turn out for him. Let's get Gravel, Sweet or even Haud in one of the cars!

I miss the days when established top dirt drivers would get a shot at NASCAR. It didn't work out many times but it was great watching guys like Kinser, the Swindells, Purvis and Combs get a chance at the bigs. I wonder if Rico had another shot now how that might turn out for him. Let's get Gravel, Sweet or even Haud in one of the cars!
Cory Day is going to be hard to ignore. His first shot in an ARCA car on pavement and he looked like a pro out there with good race craft and was in the top five the whole time and was making a run for the lead when he crashed. He left a whole lot of people wanting to see more of him in the future.

I'll wait for your flop.
I do hope Heim flops and gets with an OEM that gets him the opportunities he has earned. He's going nowhere in the rice burners. Sure they will give him junk in Xfinity and cup to drive like they have been doing, but he is going nowhere.

I do hope Heim flops and gets with an OEM that gets him the opportunities he has earned. He's going nowhere in the rice burners. Sure they will give him junk in Xfinity and cup to drive like they have been doing, but he is going nowhere.
Funny. I think Corey is eating just fine, and he is 22. Quit sipping the Smoke Kool-Aide.

Well, they found somebody stupid enough to stay in the Truck series for three years when he has dominated the series since he has been there I give him that.

Well, they found somebody stupid enough to stay in the Truck series for three years when he has dominated the series since he has been there I give him that.

And has nothing to show for it, because vengeance on Hocevar was more important than winning a championship

Sweet was a prospect at one point he drove things Xfinity but didn't light the world on fire. Gravel was starting that way made ARCA starts but Covid ended those plans pretty much and now I think he's set to dominate the Outlaws for years to come.

I’ve been a huge advocate of Zilisch since he first started making noise on the IMSA ladder, but a lot of people tend to get carried away with the projections on how much and how soon a young prospect can produce at the top level. Let’s let him get on the big ovals for the first time and let him find his feet before prognosticating too much. I do think he may be in a Cup car by 2027, as he’s shown a lot of natural ability across a number of different types of machinery and tracks so far.

Hmm. Do they have a Charter, or are the doing Xfinity or Trucks.

Well, it explicitly says 'Cup Series', so I don't think X or Trucks are involved. Maybe they got a SHR charter instead of one of the teams we expected? I can't see them going into Cup without a charter.

There's also the questions of driver, crew chief, etc. But it's definitely the best topic of the multi-week off-season.

Listening to stacking pennies I guess we should have all seen the Corey thing coming as they didn't have him involved with the Rodney announcement.

My guess is they gave Rodney free reign to do whatever he wanted with the #7 and Corey wasn't in his plans. With Rodney my guess is before he even took the job he had a driver in mind. If it's not Josh I only wonder who it would be?

Back
Top Bottom