Silly Season 2025

I confess I'm not aware of previous cases where a newly hired crew chief had a veto regarding an existing driver.
To lure him there I think they may have literally given him they team to do as he wished. Sounds like they'll be a lot of changes to the #7 team next year in addition to the driver.

Listening to stacking pennies I guess we should have all seen the Corey thing coming as they didn't have him involved with the Rodney announcement.

My guess is they gave Rodney free reign to do whatever he wanted with the #7 and Corey wasn't in his plans. With Rodney my guess is before he even took the job he had a driver in mind. If it's not Josh I only wonder who it would be?
I think Rodney would like to go out on top with another championship and that leads me to wonder if he is talking to KB?
Then again he may be looking at one of the strong contenders who are NOT in Cup. When he was with MWR he was successful with 3 different drivers who drove HIS car. He might like that power again.

Screenshot_20240802_111628_Facebook.jpg

Listening to stacking pennies I guess we should have all seen the Corey thing coming as they didn't have him involved with the Rodney announcement.

My guess is they gave Rodney free reign to do whatever he wanted with the #7 and Corey wasn't in his plans. With Rodney my guess is before he even took the job he had a driver in mind. If it's not Josh I only wonder who it would be?

Kyle Busch clearly wants out at RCR.

I'm sorry I don't see bringing back a guy that's 48 and had never driven this car before.
How did you feel about Kimi? Kobyoshi? SVG? Just like when we go to Canada and Mexico....we are introducing the world to our sport. If he is great, it's a great story. If he isn't, it's because this car is complicated. This story cannot go wrong, and Mobil 1 knows it. WE already put Heim in the car.

The king of remote control toys and 2 string fighter kites.

Big kid. 😎

Reddit already has him penciled in as fighting for the win.
I find that hard to believe myself. A lot of people in the thread were calling for Ambrose to be in the race lol. Myself I am glad he is in the race, but I am more interested in what SVG is going to do with veteran Watkins Glen Cup guys in a Cup car in a Cup race that isn't on the street. That would be huge if he could win it.

I find that hard to believe myself. A lot of people in the thread were calling for Ambrose to be in the race lol. Myself I am glad he is in the race, but I am more interested in what SVG is going to do with veteran Watkins Glen Cup guys in a Cup car in a Cup race that isn't on the street. That would be huge if he could win it.

I think people over there underestimate the talent of NASCAR drivers on a regular basis. JPM hasn’t driven a stock car in a decade and he’s going against guys who run those cars in multiple road courses per year. It’s not going to be easy.

Reddit already has him penciled in as fighting for the win.
A lot of people are still operating off a very narrow frame of reference from guys who made the jump to NASCAR and were good road racers ten or twelve years ago. I saw the calls for Ambrose as well; the guy hasn’t raced at all for about a decade by now. Truth be told, Juan is slower now than his son Sebastian who’s bouncing around the European sports car and single seater ladders with limited success. But it’s an open entry and he can throw caution to the wind and just go have fun for a weekend without having to worry about any stakes.

I pretty much think Mobil 1 has him in the race to draw eyes to their product. He will get plenty of air time. I never thought for a moment that he is in the race to win it.
See some old friends, tool around a familiar course, get a couple of decent meals, pick up a check.

He spent the last week and a half in Italy aboard a chartered yacht with family...
Don't know how that could be....Poor Richard couldn't afford Reddick, and he is paying KFB that kind of jack?

Back
Top Bottom