Silly Season 2025

Fair point.

Perhaps a cautionary tale? Hocevar certainly isn't making any friends, and Mayer has already peaked
I understand what you are saying to a point, but last year racing for the title in the last race jackpot winner take all, Heim was comfortably in the lead. Heim would have won easily on REAL points and had the Jack pot race in hand also, but he was wiped out and lost the last race and the title for his resume. I can understand why he was pissed after the season he had.

This year he won (dominated) the race at Charlotte and they DQ'd him for three missing lug nuts. In other words he should be leading in the Truck series again this year but he isn't'. Eckes who IMO gave him room but made it really, really hard to pass causing Heim to break his truck trying. Yeah that's racing, but for a guy who is obviously good enough and should have been moved up, I can see why he might be just a little bit touchy.

Ol Dennis was talking very highly of Riley Herbst on his podcast this week, so it wouldn't surprise me if there is some truth to him in the 3rd 23XI car.

Ol Dennis was talking very highly of Riley Herbst on his podcast this week, so it wouldn't surprise me if there is some truth to him in the 3rd 23XI car.
Personally, I think Herbst has been steadily improving, he has been in Xfinity for a number of years with an eh career. I don't think he is going to set Cup on fire, with Hamlin's or any Cup team for that matter. I think he has some pretty solid funding and that is probably what 23XI is looking for. They have been spending money like drunken sailors.

Personally, I think Herbst has been steadily improving, he has been in Xfinity for a number of years with an eh career. I don't think he is going to set Cup on fire, with Hamlin's or any Cup team for that matter. I think he has some pretty solid funding and that is probably what 23XI is looking for. They have been spending money like drunken sailors.
And then complaining that the system is broken and they need more money....

And then complaining that the system is broken and they need more money....
That's mostly Hamlin, I believe Gordon said something about it. But I guess they were able to dig deep and scrape up a couple of helicopters and private jets so they could ship the whole 5 crew up to Indy for a look see for the heck of it. lol.

Key word is winning. This is from a conversation on Facebook today on a post about something Denny tweeted about ARCA. Alex Clubb being a back of the pack small time do it himself ARCA guy.

Screenshot_20240725_000010_Facebook.jpg

This being what Denny said
FB_IMG_1721880137341.jpg

I knew he had a multi year with Spire, so this was a surprise to me. I'm starting to think multi year contracts don't mean much these days.

This one really makes no sense to me. He has a lot bigger following on the sponsor side than most realize

Kyle Busch incoming…

Pretty crazy how quickly things went from “Rodney Childers is going to help save his career in a contract year” to being forced out ahead of schedule. I guess enough was enough with the incidents.
Prices have been slashed again....Spire needs to hurry! Can't wait for the Poor Richard Trump MC to profess his inability to keep up with the resources that Spire has while his sips his orange wine. Ole KFB might have a shot to resurrect that resurrection narrative with The Blade crew chief-ing. Let's do this!

I wonder how much of this has to do with him seemingly being a bad teammate. I suspect his attitude didn't help. Poor on track results aside, whenever he was asked about his teammates, he never had anything to say.

Paraphrasing. "Corey, have you talked to Hocevar about his foolish actions last week?"...."nope, no need".

Ummm yes, you should. Your supposed to be the veteran of the team.

This one really makes no sense to me. He has a lot bigger following on the sponsor side than most realize
Well, Gainbridge is on the car the majority of the time and that money is there with or without Corey. I’m sure with the right driver they can make up whatever races vacated by Chili’s, Celsius, etc.

Pretty sure it’s because of a certain rally, won’t say for whom, you do the math he showed up at.
That's what I thought, but honestly, I'd rather have him do that...be out front than when Chasey and Austin showed up on the sidelines four years ago. I do have a problem with Poor Richard trying to identify all of NASCAR with that candidate when that candidate slandered Bubba while in office....but Poor Richard is gonna Poor Richard. Moving when he referenced $20 bucks and a car only in 'Merica.....okay mod.....I know, I know....I'm out.

Everyone at RCR seems pretty fed up with one another and I think Kyle would jump at the chance to work with Rodney.
All bull**** aside, I think it would be incredible and fascinating....the only thing that would make it better would be if they united in a Camry.

I mean I just want it to see you and SOI both make a 180 on Kyle. You’ll stop downing him, and SOI will stop praising him, and we will be back to normal
I am here for it brother, and everybody will know what will be coming from me.....just like a great body shop, it will be "like it never happened." ;) I miss the bastard. This resurrection narrative is keeping us from some good Rowdy implosions. Gotta bring that back!

I am here for it brother, and everybody will know what will be coming from me.....just like a great body shop, it will be "like it never happened." ;)
I still find it funny how before I just accepted you for how you are, Kyle was always my go to “if he left Toyota,” because I didn’t think he leave lmao. Like I legit wanted to pick him because 1. How much you liked him and 2. I didn’t think he actually go anywhere, ever…. But you said back then you drop him, and you kept that promise.

I still find it funny how before I just accepted you for how you are, Kyle was always my go to “if he left Toyota,” because I didn’t think he leave lmao. Like I legit wanted to pick him because 1. How much you liked him and 2. I didn’t think he actually go anywhere, ever…. But you said back then you drop him, and you kept that promise.
I know man, and it's wild....I have been dumping literally thousands of $ in merch since he left. Looking for a home for my diecasts. I literally have no regret getting rid of that stuff......and I am a guy who can't give away anything.....sometimes I scare myself.

I know man, and it's wild....I have been dumping literally thousands of $ in merch since he left. Looking for a home for my diecasts. I literally have no regret getting rid of that stuff......and I am a guy who can't give away anything.....sometimes I scare myself.
Personally, I think you should have kept it to remember the good times, the cars are still Toyota, even if he was gone. But that’s just my opinion on it man.

Personally, I think you should have kept it to remember the good times, the cars are still Toyota, even if he was gone. But that’s just my opinion on it man.
Good point....but honestly, I am not going to wear that stuff again, and there are those who are in need. Maybe on the cars though. Maybe.

I knew he had a multi year with Spire, so this was a surprise to me. I'm starting to think multi year contracts don't mean much these days.
I don't think they ever have unless you have guaranteed money.

Gee Rev, you and I have something in common. When Penske went from Pontiac to Ford after 1993, I boxed up a crapload of merch and shipped it to Don Miller at Penske South, with an angry letter. Don, being the classy guy that he is, sent it all back with a nice letter and a hero card signed by Rusty, Buddy Parrott and himself. I sold most of the returned merch to a guy I worked with, and moved on to what then was my second favorite driver, some upstart punk named Jeff Gordon. When I got to meet Don in person in 1999, I told him that I thought I got the better end of that deal. He was very friendly and gracious and said I probably had a point. :) The hero card still hangs in my collection.

I'll preface this by saying I'm a Corey fan but I think he got the raw deal here.

No personnel changes were made to try to change performance
He signed a multi year deal with them last as a sign of faith in the company, while having other offers out there
His crew chief is also the competition director for a 3 car organization.
Let's not forget that just this past weekend Zane finally passed Harrison for 2nd last place in pts for a full time driver. So it's not like the organization is on fire as a whole.

Has he caused some wrecks lately...definitely, but see you later???

I think “multi-year” for a good chunk of the field refers to either team or driver options. A few years ago we all thought Zane Smith was locked in at FRM through 2026 and then he came out and said it was all option years and walked away freely to Trackhouse this season.
This seems like a good time to bring this back up. Unless you’re a bona fide star, I don’t think teams are committing themselves to specific drivers for extended periods of time. But having options built in is also better than reworking a deal every single year.

Back
Top Bottom