Silly Season 2025

Hence taking a year ro convince him to come work with Kevin.

Even listen to Josh Berry, Rodney runs and a tight ship. He's not going to take crap from any driver.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Who says he has to? The owner of the team. Who runs the show? The owner(s) of the team.

The question with Busch is whether it's the car or lack of practice that has led to his slide. Prior to the '20 season when NASCAR did away with practice, Busch had won 5, 8, and 5 races from '17-'19. Since then, he's won 1, 2, 1, and 3. The one win and two wins were in the old car. He's always complained about no longer having lengthy practices. Maybe it has hurt him.

Like others have said, I dont hate your reasoning. I like it alot actually. I just dont know how KB would get out of that deal and without it becoming a living hell at RCR, which it might be already for him I dont know. I think KB and Rodney would be lethal, I'd bet Kyle still has some left in the tank to work with, I just want to see old Kyle Busch back with the swagger. I dont recognize this current itineration.
I feel the same way. KB hasn't forgotten how to drive but it's obvious that him and RCR aren't clicking right now, or that the equipment just isn't good enough. They had some early success immediately after he took over the 8, but since around mid-season last year or so, he's been dragging that 8 car around.

I want to see the old Kyle Busch back too. I want to see him be able to retire on a high note instead of fading away, and I agree that this current Kyle isn't like any form that we've seen before. He seems totally defeated and over his current situation right now. I could see him and RCR coming to agreement to let him out early if he's absolutely miserable, because again, they have Hill in the pipeline so they wouldn't be totally hung out to dry.

The 7 is still a risk because up to this point it remains unproven, but Rodney is enough of a shot in the arm to that camp that I think any driver who's questioning their current deal would at least give it a second look. I'd like to see it happen, or heck, let's see Kyle in the third 23XI car next year.

The question with Busch is whether it's the car or lack of practice that has led to his slide. Prior to the '20 season when NASCAR did away with practice, Busch had won 5, 8, and 5 races from '17-'19. Since then, he's won 1, 2, 1, and 3. The one win and two wins were in the old car. He's always complained about no longer having lengthy practices. Maybe it has hurt him.
That's beginning to be a bit of a wife's tale a little bit. He has had plenty of races in the 8 car, they have had recently 40 minute practice sessions, he has tested tires at tracks. I think a lot of it is the car, the pit crew has made mistakes and to some extent his driving. They are off everywhere. I agree he doesn't like the car, but he hasn't been winning in his own re- badged trucks in the Truck series either.

And AJ back to Cup
FB_IMG_1723748846634.jpg

Kaulig have been awfully anonymous this year - Hemric does what he does in bringing home the 31 cleanly each week and not much else, and I’m not even sure who all has been in the 16 this year. AJ could be a decent shot in the arm if he can at least compete at the road courses.

Hence taking a year ro convince him to come work with Kevin.

Even listen to Josh Berry, Rodney runs and a tight ship. He's not going to take crap from any driver.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

If Spire doesn't hire KyBu, he might finish out his career prematurely at RCR.

The reason people (race teams, crew chiefs, sponsors) put up with Kyle's crap is because he wins. A lot.

That's not happening now.

Kaulig have been awfully anonymous this year - Hemric does what he does in bringing home the 31 cleanly each week and not much else, and I’m not even sure who all has been in the 16 this year. AJ could be a decent shot in the arm if he can at least compete at the road courses.
Haley didn't wreck much either, that's why he got the #51. Hemric is an average Xfinity driver. Kaulig could have done better.

Haley didn't wreck much either, that's why he got the #51. Hemric is an average Xfinity driver. Kaulig could have done better.
It wasn’t a sexy hire, but Hemric has some solid backing between Cirkul and Poppy Bank and that seems like something Kaulig need for the time being. It kinda feels like they expanded too much too soon and both of their programs got worse as a result.

Geez is that Kyle Busch to Hendrick thing really happening?

None of that is making much sense to me, but it is worth keeping an eye on. A name drop of Bianchi is in there. He's fairly dependable.

Creed unable win even in Gibbs cars. Would be a downgrade.

Cannot believe Junior let Mayer get away. Kid is still only about twenty years old.

Cannot believe Junior let Mayer get away. Kid is still only about twenty years old.
I don't think they liked him. JR has openly criticized Mayer's driving. It could come back to haunt them, I think Mayer is pretty good, especially at the Xfinity level. I think Haas with Creed and Mayer is going to be a player next year.

Back
Top Bottom