Silly Season 2025

When I was kid and got into NASCAR, I always associated the number with the driver and not the team. When David Pearson left the Wood Brothers, I was thrown off to see someone else in the 21. You follow it long enough and you get used to it. Took me years to see anyone other than Richard Petty in the 43. Now, I don't think a whole lot about it. Same with the 24, 48, 20, etc.
It’s still weird for me seeing someone in the 24 car not named Jeff Gordon. Especially when Jeff’s paint schemes, who I watched as a third grader all the way up until I bought my house as a 30 year old adult are run as throwbacks. Such is life, and I don’t think about it as much but sometimes it gets me.

Why is this an issue?
No issue. Just random. Of all the numbers to market SVG with. No connection to Dale Jr. or Dale Jarrett.

I get it. SVG merch will sell like hotcakes. Just didn’t expect the 88 to return in that manner.

When I was kid and got into NASCAR, I always associated the number with the driver and not the team. When David Pearson left the Wood Brothers, I was thrown off to see someone else in the 21. You follow it long enough and you get used to it. Took me years to see anyone other than Richard Petty in the 43. Now, I don't think a whole lot about it. Same with the 24, 48, 20, etc.
I started with Davey in the 28 and then every driver after in the 28
still to today I feel like a fan without car in the field

From Harvick’s weekly Fox Podcast, looks like Ford may not be happy with Zane.
Sounds like Ford needs to get over hurt feelings. Who is the future for them? Austin Cindric sure doesn't seem to be it. Noah has potential, I guess. I don't see Todd ever being more than the "good racer".

I don't think they really had anything for him this year besides another season in trucks? Can't blame a guy for wanting a cup opportunity if the current manufacturer has no clear path for him.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Sounds like Ford needs to get over hurt feelings. Who is the future for them? Austin Cindric sure doesn't seem to be it. Noah has potential, I guess. I don't see Todd ever being more than the "good racer".

I don't think they really had anything for him this year besides another season in trucks? Can't blame a guy for wanting a cup opportunity if the current manufacturer has no clear path for him.

They have two cup champions who have another 10 years left.

Blaney and Logano are their future.

They have two cup champions who have another 10 years left.

Blaney and Logano are their future.
Two chances out of 40 aren't great odds, even with two drivers like Logano and Blaney.

Briscoe was their future too, but then SHR tanked and ultimately went away. Zane was their future coming up the ladder, but now they no longer want him. So that's two future stars they thought they had in the pipeline, gone.

If anything, I would speculate that Ford is looking to RFK to bolster their future now. With Brad alluding to a third car next year, and the turnaround that he's been able to pull with that organization, their stock has risen dramatically and would now be a great place to lock in future talent, and Brad is one of the best mentors they could ask for.

Zane signed with Ford and was supposed to go to the 10.
There was bad blood on both sides but ultimately Ford wins that fight every day.
Zane going to Chevy after being signed by Ford burnt a bridge, but they can always be rebuilt.
Time will tell

I did a manual review off the results on Jayski. Apparently, a few of those "crashes" were not depicted as such. The first post I did on this thread, I mentioned 6, but that was from my own records. Thanks for the link.
Allgaier has 4 DNFs, so there is that. But I was also wrong on the top 5's Mayer is equal so far to Allgaier this year. From my perspective, he is just behind due to the stage racing points. Mayer does have a tendency to park it once the car is damaged, Allgaier soldiers on with a crippled car.
Allgaier is a fixture at JRM and the senior leader and mentor among the drivers. He is a perennial final four contender and the winningest active full time Xfinity driver by a WIDE margin. He also brings solid sponsorship from Brandt, where Kelley Earnhardt is on the BOD. If ANYBODY ever gets let go at JRM, he will likely be one of the very last out the door that doesn't have the last name Earnhardt.

Allgaier is a fixture at JRM and the senior leader and mentor among the drivers. He is a perennial final four contender and the winningest active full time Xfinity driver by a WIDE margin. He also brings solid sponsorship from Brandt, where Kelley Earnhardt is on the BOD. If ANYBODY ever gets let go at JRM, he will likely be one of the very last out the door that doesn't have the last name Earnhardt.
He's also the on-call substitute driver for Hendrick, if I'm remembering correctly. That's another reason he's not likely to be let go. Barring some contractual violation, Li'l Gator is with JRM as long as he wants.

Hardly the first time Ford have made puzzling driver personnel decisions.
Ford has no development drivers now.

I have no clue what's next for them. Muniz funding looks like ran dry, he'll be racing Mustang Challenge ar COTA this coming weekend. Deegan is what it is at this point, no clue what's next for Ford.

Would love to see them take some risks again, but we shall see. Never know what might happen.

Ant rumors as to what zippy is doing next year? Wonder if he's one of the big hires that RCR was hinting at?

If Gene Haas is running a 1 car Cup operation and a couple of Xfinity entries next season, maybe he’s staying put.
I hope they aren't losing whoever is in charge of their Xfinity stuff. They have been really competitive. They are getting Creed and Mayer I believe next year. Mayer is fast but needs to tone it down a little, like they say, it is easier to slow a fast driver down than to make a slow one fast. Creed is a top 5 driver so I think Haas won't be hurting in Xfinity next year. Custer to cup might be another story.

I hope they aren't losing whoever is in charge of their Xfinity stuff. They have been really competitive. They are getting Creed and Mayer I believe next year. Mayer is fast but needs to tone it down a little, like they say, it is easier to slow a fast driver down than to make a slow one fast. Creed is a top 5 driver so I think Haas won't be hurting in Xfinity next year. Custer to cup might be another story.
Custer gonna be doing a lot of cus-sing

I don't know about Custer. All of it is laying out there and he has to grasp it and go with it. He blew his first shot, he has a second chance, don't blow it.

Sold out Joe is going to have to pull the boy wonder down from Cup or Bell if he wants to win some Xfinity races.

Sold out Joe is going to have to pull the boy wonder down from Cup or Bell if he wants to win some Xfinity races.

I wouldn't be too worried. I'm pretty sure my 82 year old mother could win a couple races in a JGR Xfinity car.

jones has suc#ed in 9 car however he won races in 19 for Gibbs. he was good his final season in 19. Creed in 18 no wins

jones has suc#ed in 9 car however he won races in 19 for Gibbs. he was good his final season in 19. Creed in 18 no wins
Jones isn't any spring chicken anymore, he has some miles on him. Sounds like more of a money move than a performance one. Eh, the good part is it leaves a hole that JRM gets to fill hopefully. It's a good ride.

Imagine if KB went full circle to end his career at HMS? I know he has one year left on his RCR contract, but stranger things have happened, and who knows what type of out clauses he may have.

Back
Top Bottom