Silly Season For 2017

Is it me or does something smell funny with the Scott family leaving NASCAR? Brian Scott retiring at 28, and HScott ditching 2 charters, plus the news about settling with Clint Bowyer's lawsuit. Something doesn't sound right.

So Ganassi is the only other team getting engines from Hendrick now? I look for gem to be much improved if that's the case. Good to see Jones get a charter though.

I think the charters are going for bargain prices now. Soon the Wood Bros will get one a a fire sale.

So Ganassi is the only other team getting engines from Hendrick now? I look for gem to be much improved if that's the case. Good to see Jones get a charter though.

I think the Ganassi teams were underrated at the end of this season. Both cars were in the top 10 for most of the chase races. They are just starting to get new chassis and I expect at least 3 wins out of them next year.

I also think this makes them a prime candidate for a Dodge or other manufacturer, especially with Rob Kaufmann on the team. I think that guy wants to blow a lot of money in NASCAR but he is on a team now that actually knows how to spend money properly.

A silly season summary so far from ESPN:
http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...-season-full-swing-all-eyes-dale-earnhardt-jr

Scrolling down near the bottom for the charter news;
44 of RPM still open

34 of Front row seat still open
Premium now has 1 charter, may buy or sell depending on market (remember they ran Reed Sorensen or Cole Whitt without charters this year).

33 of Circle Sport must sell charter or operate a team since that charter was already leased to the 95, says Falk is looking for a place for the charter (sell)

32 of Go FAS racing has no driver or sponsor announced, looking to sell or lease charter, but the team ranked in the bottom three this year and could get pulled if that continues (makes it harder to sell)

A silly season summary so far from ESPN:
http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...-season-full-swing-all-eyes-dale-earnhardt-jr

Scrolling down near the bottom for the charter news;
44 of RPM still open

34 of Front row seat still open
Premium now has 1 charter, may buy or sell depending on market (remember they ran Reed Sorensen or Cole Whitt without charters this year).

33 of Circle Sport must sell charter or operate a team since that charter was already leased to the 95, says Falk is looking for a place for the charter (sell)

32 of Go FAS racing has no driver or sponsor announced, looking to sell or lease charter, but the team ranked in the bottom three this year and could get pulled if that continues (makes it harder to sell)

Oooooh let's speculate!
Biffle to the 44
Bowman to the 34
33 sells to the 21
Mears to the 32?

Rick said Bowman is going to partcipate in "The Clash", he just does not know what car.
One off in the 25? Or do they throw him in the 5 since Kasey isn't in the race.

You are wrong, family tree-breath. :cool:

You blew that one right by me.

LOL, I didn't even know how to reply to this because frankly I don't think I understand it, but it made me laugh. Then I saw this under your post "Worst poster on the forum ..." so it made me laugh a little more.
:XXROFL:

Gameboy lacks feedback to driver inputs.

Pretty sure that's the problemo.

With the latest BK announcement I think this is the latest list of what's left.
Plenty of drivers to fill the seats as usual, most notably Biffle, DiBenedetto (will have an announcement #soon), Ragan, Mears, etc.

23 ???- BK Racing - has charter
30 ??? Josh Wise/Gray Gaulding - The Motorsports Group (TMG) - No charter
32 ??? Not Jeffery Earnhardt nor Bobby Labonte - Go Fas Racing - has charter
33 ??? Casey Mears - Circle Sport Racing - Must use or sell charter, cannot lease it
34 ???- Front Row Motorsports - has charter
44 ??????? - RPM - has charter
83 ???- BK Racing - has charter
55/98 ???- Premium Motorsports - gets charter back from HSM 46

Not sure Biffle would be interested in any of those vacant seats. His last few years at Roush was about equal to any of those rides. I don't think the 44 can afford him.

Not sure Biffle would be interested in any of those vacant seats. His last few years at Roush was about equal to any of those rides. I don't think the 44 can afford him.
He may have to trade his large bus for a smaller motorhome and then maybe they can afford him. Nascar may not let him park in the big bus section with the rest of the drivers...But they would probably let him park across the street in the motorhome section with the fans.:)

Last edited:

Considering Biffle is probably a multimillionaire by now, money might not be the motivator for him this time around. I could see him taking a pay cut to get into a decent ride and unfortunately it seems like the 44 is the best of the rest. I could also see him retiring or going into a full time ride in xfinity for a year until something better opens up.

Considering Biffle is probably a multimillionaire by now, money might not be the motivator for him this time around. I could see him taking a pay cut to get into a decent ride and unfortunately it seems like the 44 is the best of the rest. I could also see him retiring or going into a full time ride in xfinity for a year until something better opens up.
At this point in his career, if he drops down to Xfinity then there may not be any coming back up to Cup. The only close comparison I can think of is Elliott Sadler, and he's shown no sign of returning to Cup.

At this point in his career, if he drops down to Xfinity then there may not be any coming back up to Cup. The only close comparison I can think of is Elliott Sadler, and he's shown no sign of returning to Cup.

I think this is right, and that should be fine for him at age 46 if getting in "a car I can win in" is indeed his priority. He's not going to get in a Cup car in 2017 that he can win in unless he becomes a substitute driver. The RPM #44 car is not a competitive seat, and will most likely go to another ride buyer.

Hell, he can win in either of the vacant rides listed in a previous pot. See Buescher at Pocono.

It's unlikely he'll get anything that's competitive week in week out at this stage of the game.

As was stated earlier.... he's not a broke Cowboy looking for the next meal...... he's had a very lucrative career and at the age of 46....... I'm sure he's not in a panic mode to try to secure a ride.... Had he been worried about where his next meal was coming from...... he wouldn't have left Jack.....

Back
Top Bottom