SiriusXM's NASCAR Radio - Today's, not so hidden, agenda.....

He also said a driver could speed in one segment and give it back in another..

Back n the day the distance "between" some of the timing lines were farther away then others. A driver could use that extra distance to their advantage, but you couldn't speed thru any of them. You could speed partly in a larger one but the driver had to slow down under the limit enough to make the time/distance within the allowed tolerance.

that isn't how it works, you can't speed thru one set of timing lines and make it up on the other. If he said that he is wrong. you have a problem with that or believe it, that is your opinion.

Discussion yesterday on Bagley and Pistone's show about what good racing really is.....Noah Gragson started it with a tweet. I have ranted about this before, but what the hell does that say about all of the comments about "good racing" if the question had never been asked? They passively went after Gluck's poll as damaging in that it tries to objectify something that really is opinion based. I really don't have a problem with the rule changes, but if those changes are rooted in fans' search for "good racing", and nobody has ever asked just what that is, where the hell are we heading....and why?

BREAKING POINT: Angie Skinner + Bagley.....Can't do it. Just no. Yo Hoda........

....and we are talking about basketball on NASCAR Radio this morning. Are you serious?

The Friday morning Logano show with Bagley and Pistone is intolerable. Radio off. My God, how does this station stay operable? Oh yeah, because of addicts like me. Even Claire B. has been horrible. She got into a discussion with a caller about pit lane time over distance, and it was clear that she had no idea what she was talking about.

Danny Lawrence is on with Pat Patterson right now.....Now, I know why I subscribe to this station. 1000% awesomeness. Incredible.

The Friday morning Logano show with Bagley and Pistone is intolerable. Radio off. My God, how does this station stay operable? Oh yeah, because of addicts like me. Even Claire B. has been horrible. She got into a discussion with a caller about pit lane time over distance, and it was clear that she had no idea what she was talking about.

Bagley's insane fake laugh at anything within 100 miles of the slightest hint of humor is my tune out que.

I don't listen to NASCAR Radio anymore but John Roberts & Chocolate Myers seems like a decent combo, I've never felt Choc is that biased towards NASCAR myself. Obviously he has I think some emotion towards RCR, but either way.

I don't listen to NASCAR Radio anymore but John Roberts & Chocolate Myers seems like a decent combo, I've never felt Choc is that biased towards NASCAR myself. Obviously he has I think some emotion towards RCR, but either way.

Yeah, that is not a bad show really. JR is really good, and the chemistry with Choc works.

Bagley reporting on Tweets. I have said this before....Isn't the point that we have already read them? Terrible.

Brad Gille and Jeff Hammond have been brilliant the last two nights on Late Shift. Talking tires, set ups, aero, etc. You know, NASCAR stuff. In stark contrast Bagley and Pistone are an embarrassment this morning. They are filling time for some reason, and have no idea in hell what they are talking about. Pathetic. They are babbling about the Toyota tire issues. Really, really bad.

Jeff is an underrated broadcaster. Doesn't get caught up in stupid antics like DW.

Jeff is an underrated broadcaster. Doesn't get caught up in stupid antics like DW.

I could not agree more. I do like DW, but Jeff is smart as hell, and honestly, I think better on radio than TV.

I could not agree more. I do like DW, but Jeff is smart as hell, and honestly, I think better on radio than TV.
Agreed. On tv they try and play to his ego and ham up the "Hollywood Hammond" angle. On radio, it's just him sharing his wealth of knowledge about the sport. In a private one on one situation, he can keep you riveted with stories for hours. Radio is closer to that.

+edit: I'm referring to the Hollywood Hotel days. Now it's more laid back when he's in the Fox Studio shows.

Agreed. On tv they try and play to his ego and ham up the "Hollywood Hammond" angle. On radio, it's just him sharing his wealth of knowledge about the sport. In a private one on one situation, he can keep you riveted with stories for hours. Radio is closer to that.

+edit: I'm referring to the Hollywood Hotel days. Now it's more laid back when he's in the Fox Studio shows.

Oh man I agree with you. I was listening, and I'm like, damn, this guy is extremely knowledgeable while on TV it's the showtime thing. Thanks for the reply. Good stuff.

They need to break Larry McReynolds out of studio jail...

#freelarrymac

Larry Mac doesn't want the travel. I think Larry Mac would be the best choice to replace Darrell if he was willing.

My God....Bagley and Pistone going off on the Deegan thing which isn't a thing. If they have nothing to talk about (which they never do), NASCAR Radio would do them a favor by cancelling the show. Unbelievable.

My God....Bagley and Pistone going off on the Deegan thing which isn't a thing. If they have nothing to talk about (which they never do), NASCAR Radio would do them a favor by cancelling the show. Unbelievable.
better get used to it as long as she keeps winning races...or not. I believe she is here to stay. Be happy she is a Yodeler. :D

better get used to it as long as she keeps winning races...or not. I believe she is here to stay. Be happy she is a Yodeler. :D

I heard the show, they were actually talking about how some reporter wrote that she was the savior of NASCAR and that was a lot of weight for a teenager. Then mostly the rest of the show they bashed her for rough driving and how she reacted to it with no remorse. They are a couple of douches, especially Bagley.

I heard the show, they were actually talking about how some reporter wrote that she was the savior of NASCAR and that was a lot of weight for a teenager. Then mostly the rest of the show they bashed her for rough driving and how she reacted to it with no remorse. They are a couple of douches, especially Bagley.
hmm sound similar to around here, I wonder if they got around to the fact she is wining races with no competition angle

Not a fan of Deegan because I don't follow that series and I loathe hype trains.

But I thought that move had finesse -- it wasn't a slam or ram, just sliding that nose to get inside position. These aren't open-wheeled cars with wings and things all around; they have fenders and bumpers.

If she didn't do it, she would've been criticized.

Short track racing -- you leave an opening, it tends to gets filled. Dude should've protected the inside better or be prepared to drag race door-to-door; but when he tried to shut the door after losing the inside line his fate was sealed...

yep it was about as good and clean a move as a driver can make on a little track where not much passing is the norm without some contact. The hard part was that she didn't think twice about making it, was prepared for all of the flack from the peanut galleriers, while many drivers would never have made that move in the first place. Going to be a lot of haters with that driving style..already are, but she is a commin up the ladder. ;)

hmm sound similar to around here, I wonder if they got around to the fact she is wining races with no competition angle
No they stayed away from that part of the topic but they had big issues with her style.

No they stayed away from that part of the topic but they had big issues with her style.
I have a feeling they will have more in the future. I've watched as many of her races as I can, and she will turn em if they leave a gap. 2 wins with 4 top 5's out of 5 races is impressive.

I have a feeling they will have more in the future. I've watched as many of her races as I can, and she will turn em if they leave a gap. 2 wins with 4 top 5's out of 5 races is impressive.
Kinda like ole Jaques Villnueve when he dumped Danica in Canada. Terrible spelling I know lol

It was very similar to the Larson/Busch finish last season. Driver A makes a questionable dive bomb move into 1-2, so Driver B returns the favor in 3-4. Payback is fair. Guess Deegan just needed Dale Jr screeching “SLIDE JAWB!” over it...

Danny Lawrence on with Pat Patterson saying that manufacturers will not tolerate spec engines--ever. Additionally, said that manufacturers are working on engine concepts years down the line that would allow manufacturers to do their own thing, but NASCAR would have balance of power control to keep things even. Hinted a bit at double overhead cams. Just when I want to dump this subscription, he comes nuggets like this....

OMG...the Bagley "Radio Style" Stroke-A-Thon is in progress. Why would callers call in to kiss his ass? Killing me. "Radio Style" is terrible, and doesn't add a damn thing to the race.

OMG...the Bagley "Radio Style" Stroke-A-Thon is in progress. Why would callers call in to kiss his ass? Killing me. "Radio Style" is terrible, and doesn't add a damn thing to the race.

Oh I love it. Often I’ll play MRN on my soundbar while listening to the race. Is so so much better

MRN used to be awesome, now it sounds like all the announcers snorted a line right before going on air.

Oh I love it. Often I’ll play MRN on my soundbar while listening to the race. Is so so much better
I would distinctly listen for MRN through the speakers when attending a race. There was something so much more raw about the MRN broadcast than the televised broadcast.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I would distinctly listen for MRN through the speakers when attending a race. There was something so much more raw about the MRN broadcast than the televised broadcast.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Depending on the track I am at the race at, I always listened to MRN or PRN, in between scanning the drivers and Nascar.

I don't listen to Nascar Radio anymore but I did have a chance to watch some of the race this past weekend. I didn't know that Mike Bagley was a part of NBC's coverage until just before the race.

Mark me down as someone that prefers the radio call over the normal television booth announcers.

Back
Top Bottom