SPEED relaunch as FOX Sports 1 looks destined to happen

I like DirecTV because I can watch the Jaguars games every Sunday. Plus I get MavTV and NBC Sports Network and countless other sports channels. **** FOX Sports 1.

I agree with other sentiments. It's about time the cable companies began pushing back. There's no reason cable shouldn't cost $30 per month + $10 per additional packages.

Only 4 days left until the debut of NASCAR Trucks racing on FOX Sports 1!

The question is, will anyone see it?

BRkxdhwCUAApe4C.jpg:large

I agree with other sentiments. It's about time the cable companies began pushing back. There's no reason cable shouldn't cost $30 per month + $10 per additional packages.

When DirecTV dropped Viacom and Vs they showed they aren't going to be manipulated. When people jump to other service providers it only serves to encourage the networks to ask for outrageous increases.

When DirecTV dropped Viacom and Vs they showed they aren't going to be manipulated. When people jump to other service providers it only serves to encourage the networks to ask for outrageous increases.

The NASCAR Truck Series and three ARCA races (two on boring tracks) isn't a good enough reason to drop DirecTV. I get to watch every Jacksonville Jaguars game. No other cable or satellite provider offers that to me. **** FOX Sports 1.

We're in an age where people are dropping cable altogether. Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu Plus combined are cheaper than cable. Only people who want and have cable are sports fans.

FOX is pulling the plug on SPEED's internet presence as well and morphing it in to a blog.

This FOX deal sucks more and more by the minute. I really hope NASCAR has it in writing that Nationwide and Trucks are on FOX Sports 1 and that FOX can't be flexible the way ESPN was.

The NASCAR Truck Series and three ARCA races (two on boring tracks) isn't a good enough reason to drop DirecTV. I get to watch every Jacksonville Jaguars game. No other cable or satellite provider offers that to me. **** FOX Sports 1.

We're in an age where people are dropping cable altogether. Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu Plus combined are cheaper than cable. Only people who want and have cable are sports fans.
I see a trend starting.

I remember when VS wasn't on DirecTV - IndyCar put those races online. Same when ESPN wasn't on Dish and NASCAR put the races online. NASCAR's been quiet this time.

I still think that a deal gets done prior to Saturday. A failure to launch to more than half of their announced audience would be really bad for everyone with a stake in this. The fact that negotiations haven't broken down indicates that there is at least some movement on each side.

@nascarcasm

Races with beating and banging that come down to the wire are awesome. TV Network/Carrier negotiations that do so are the opposite.

I heard they are going to have a funeral for SPEED on Saturday. Supposedly the guys from Pinks, Pimp my Ride, Chop Cut Rebuild, Unique Whips, Pass Time, and Hard Parts South Bronx are going to be pallbearers. NASCAR is paying for the funeral, and no short track racers are invited. the Funeral will take place in Scottsdale Az at the Barrett Jackson auction site.

I'm not surprised they closed the deal. On to the next thing.
FS2. If providers don't pick it up, Fox probably has the right to migrate some nascar programming over to it. They didn't pay all that money for the ratings, that's for sure.

Noticed that they moved the Rolex Sports Car Series race at Kansas on Saturday to FOX Sports 2. Don't think I have FS2. :(

I just checked, I have fuel TV so I'll have FS2.

Last edited:
Dana White ‏@danawhite 1m
FOX Sports 1 just finished its deal with Direct TV, Dish and Time Warner!Everyone has FS1 now :) time for some fights! Congrats @FOXSports1
What a coincidence, I just got an email stating that there will be a monthly price increase on my Dish Network bill starting next month. Go figure. ;)

Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel! Awesome news.

Way over a lot of heads there.

@dustinlong

Fox Sports 1 announces it has "every major distributor on board'' for new channel's launch Saturday.

I don't know anything about cablevision.

I can probably get it through Bell but I have Cogeco... I think bell has channels from all countries if u want them.. it still sucks though

Race Hub will be on at 4:30pm EST on weekdays. Trackside and Victory Lane remain, but it's unclear if those are only for FOX Sports races.

Race Hub will be on at 4:30pm EST on weekdays. Trackside and Victory Lane remain, but it's unclear if those are only for FOX Sports races.
I heard that too and then I looked at the schedule posted online and it comes on at noon Eastern three times in the first two weeks. Get your DVRs ready.

Back
Top Bottom