SPEED relaunch as FOX Sports 1 looks destined to happen

I heard that too and then I looked at the schedule posted online and it comes on at noon Eastern three times in the first two weeks. Get your DVRs ready.

FOX Sports 1 is looking more and more like ESPN by the day. :mad: Except, with a **** ton of UFC. This channel will be great if you're an MMA fan.

FOX Sports 1 is looking more and more like ESPN by the day. :mad: Except, with a **** ton of UFC. This channel will be great if you're an MMA fan.
I'm more than willing to give them a shot before I pass judgement but the fact that they haven't been entirely truthful about the future of NASCAR programming makes me skeptical. Not long ago I didn't think they'd push races to FS2 but it's looking more inevitable by the day for Nationwide and Trucks, just like ESPN did with ESPNEWS.

Fsn1 won't likely move races at all during the season unless they get a crapload of better content. Watered Down UFC cards aren't huge draws but it's cheaper. All the network has besides that is some baseball, Nascar, College Basketball and College football with some Soccer. I just don't see alot of time conflicts esp. in the middle of summer.

No matter what Fox Sports 1 will be a breath of fresh air.

ESPN is just bad and I cant take it of it anymore.

ESPN would have gone broke, I can't say I have ever watched it unless a racing program or a race was on.

Oh I just can't wait until football season, they will come on when the race is on and just have to go over all the scores. ad nauseum, and I am paying extra for this bwaaaa, oh the irony.

As much as I'm not liking this FOX Sports 1 - I still think ESPN's in trouble. FOX and ESPN are going to be at war. NBC is on their own program - and that program consists of picking up what FOX and ESPN don't care about, building those sports up and getting a smaller, but much more passionate audience.

The NBA's contract is up and I have a feeling FOX will make a bid for that. NBC might as well but I'm not sure what they're going to do with it - unless they talk boring Golf Channel and turn it in to another NBC Sports channel.

If Fox somehow got the NBA, that would not be good for Espn at all but I doubt it happens.. Espn would pay thru the nose to keep the NBA..

Trackside's been cancelled.

This FOX Sports 1 deal gets worse and worse by the day for race fans.
Race Hub will be on at 4:30pm EST on weekdays. Trackside and Victory Lane remain, but it's unclear if those are only for FOX Sports races.
Anyone else starting to find this thread as confusing as me? One post it's cancelled and in the next post it's not.

Personally, I don't look at the potential loss of Trackside as being a big deal. I gave up on that show when they revamped the format. Krista Voda, while pleasant to look at, could not overcome Kyle Petty & Rutledge Wood.

Fsn1 won't likely move races at all during the season unless they get a crapload of better content. Watered Down UFC cards aren't huge draws but it's cheaper. All the network has besides that is some baseball, Nascar, College Basketball and College football with some Soccer. I just don't see alot of time conflicts esp. in the middle of summer.
I think you'll begin to see that sort of thing take place next fall when MLB and college football overlap on FS1. They'll probably have no choice but to move Saturday Truck races to FS2.

Yeah, that mess they turned it into was awful.
Oh good, it's not just me.

I'll be happy as long as we don't lose any 'wheels on track' content - practice and qualifying for Cup, races for all currently covered series. I'll live without the pre-race, post-race, and mid-week stuff. My deal with my wife lets me watch as many races as I want as long as I don't inflict the talking (screaming) heads on her.

Does anyone know if Dish is carrying FS2? That's where the Rolex series is scheduled Saturday.

I was reading a schedule of nationally televised HS football games and noticed FS1 will televise at least seven.

Anyone else starting to find this thread as confusing as me? One post it's cancelled and in the next post it's not.

Personally, I don't look at the potential loss of Trackside as being a big deal. I gave up on that show when they revamped the format. Krista Voda, while pleasant to look at, could not overcome Kyle Petty & Rutledge Wood.

this is last weekend fer trackside.
not sure bout race hub durin week after this yr.? reported all speed studio/production movin ta la.....charlotte keepin graphics only. ?

The transition has taken place on Dish Network. They've started with college football. I was hoping for NASCAR but that Erin Andrews, she's not to bad on the eyes.

FOX Sports 1.jpg

On Direct TV FS1 took over 219 where MAV was and MAV moved to 214, Weird as hell having Truck and NNS qualifying on at the same time.

On my provider FS1 took over speeds channel, but my guide still says Speed and has speed's programming listed. Good thing I noticed. Going to have to manually start my DVR.

Mine on Direct TV works good, program not so good, some guys layin on a mat hugging.

FOX Sports Live is worse than anything on ESPN.

I can tell this network will be successful because this is America and Americans love terrible television.

FOX Sports Live is worse than anything on ESPN.

I can tell this network will be successful because this is America and Americans love terrible television.

1 day and you hate it already? Dont be that guy Andy.

I'm liking the setup. Everything is neat. They must be using extra High Def cameras or something because this channel looks crispier than the other HD channel I get. :D

I hope they get some basketball games here.

Back
Top Bottom