Spin out on purpose?

Yeah that's what I thought as well from the replay. No need for that nonsense at this level (or any level of racing).

Bubba better have a real reason or something we don't know/didn't hear about. I'm not a US court. I make my own darn opinions. Unless I hear otherwise, he's guilty until proven innocent of purposely spinning out. That's real ****** on him.

I've never driven a stock car with a flat tire. I'm sure it ain't easy, but I still believe they intentionally spin the car out quite often.

It definitely looked like an on-purpose spin-out by Bubba. Also a few weeks ago it definitely looked like Bowyer did as well. It seems to happen more often days.

They do it all the time. Usually they just stop till the yellow flies than magically get it going again.

Logano did it last week to reduce the impact of losing positions. Bubba did the same this week, did anyone complain about it last week?

Its nothing new in the game, it maybe seen as a bad sporting move, but at the end of the day NASCAR is going to throw the yellow flag for it.

Reactions: sdj
Logano did it last week to reduce the impact of losing positions. Bubba did the same this week, did anyone complain about it last week?

Its nothing new in the game, it maybe seen as a bad sporting move, but at the end of the day NASCAR is going to throw the yellow flag for it.

It just helps not to be so obvious about it. ;)

Why did he do it? Keep from going a lap down? Apologies for a dumb question, I had to watch race in FF.

I wonder how many races Larson has "ruined" with all of the cautions he has brought out. :D Quit crying ya bunch of cry babies

NASCAR HAS penalized teams in the past for doing this, although usually the penalty came during the race I remember Terry Labonte getting nabbed for this at maybe North Wilkesboro in the late 80's when he was drive for Junior.

Even if has been previously tolerated, it needs to be stopped. We should not be cursed to eternally accept the BS due to past mistakes.

They may not be able to prove every case but the obvious ones should be punished.

Players fake injuries in the NFL to stop the clock. Players in basketball intentionally fall to the ground to draw foul shots. Players in the NFL fall to the ground to draw a Personal Foul penalty. Drivers spin out to draw a caution that benefits themselves or their teammates.

This is nothing new in sports.

I hate it and I think it should always draw a penalty of its own, but you have to prove intent first.

I'm really starting to not like Kyle Larson.

I'm 100% sure he's intentionally drawn a caution before. Everyone in racing has at some point.

Players fake injuries in the NFL to stop the clock. Players in basketball intentionally fall to the ground to draw foul shots. Players in the NFL fall to the ground to draw a Personal Foul penalty. Drivers spin out to draw a caution that benefits themselves or their teammates.

This is nothing new in sports.

I hate it and I think it should always draw a penalty of its own, but you have to prove intent first.

I'm really starting to not like Kyle Larson.

I'm 100% sure he's intentionally drawn a caution before. Everyone in racing has at some point.
He did. Got penalized a lap for it. Eldora 2016 truck race.

I guess the bigger question is, why has this ever been acceptable practice? Professionals bringing out the caution on purpose so they can catch back up? Forgive me for saying, that's a total BS move by the driver. It needs to be discouraged by being penalized when it's abundantly obvious. It seems NASCAR has selectively let this go when they view it in their favor for having a caution.

That's the problem I see, they want the caution, depending on who it is who it affects who's in the lead and timing with the flow of the race, so they will not be big on enforcement on those times. That's what it looks like to me anyway...can't say that I'm surprised. Just my thoughts.

I guess the bigger question is, why has this ever been acceptable practice? Professionals bringing out the caution on purpose so they can catch back up? Forgive me for saying, that's a total BS move by the driver. It needs to be discouraged by being penalized when it's abundantly obvious. It seems NASCAR has selectively let this go when they view it in their favor for having a caution.

That's the problem I see, they want the caution, depending on who it is who it affects who's in the lead and timing with the flow of the race, so they will not be big on enforcement on those times. That's what it looks like to me anyway...can't say that I'm surprised. Just my thoughts.

Excellent post

I guess they are going to need a fake spin indicator in their cars now. Take the guesswork out of it.

Exactly, Nascar knows cautions bring excitement. Unless rain is coming or the leaders are door to door, they take every chance they can get for a reset.
It's So obvious when the race is stretched out and they throw the flag for someone getting up in the marbles, but the next week the battle for the lead is nose to nose with a couple laps left and they don't throw it for a spin as long as the car gets going again.

NASCAR can access all of the driver’s inputs for every car for every practice session, qualifying and an entire race.

So there’s that.

All of this would be a moot point if NASCAR wasn't so quick to throw cautions for harmless spins/minimal contact with wall out of the racing groove/away from traffic.

Or a driver could be penalized a lap for bringing out a caution, but I would prefer that to not happen.

Logano loses a tire and spins out on purpose at Martinsville, no penalty.

Wallace loses a tire and spins out on purpose at Texas and is issued a penalty.

Sanctioning body needs to stay out of judgement calls.

Logano loses a tire and spins out on purpose at Martinsville, no penalty.

Wallace loses a tire and spins out on purpose at Texas and is issued a penalty.

Sanctioning body needs to stay out of judgement calls.
Well Logano wasnt a dumbass and admit it. Bubba needs to learn to keep his mouth shut and 50 grand will probably be a great teacher

I agree with what Bubba said though. Larson has done it. Everyone has done it.

Incidents are always blown way out of proportion with Bubba Wallace.

I like Bubba. But this penalty is self inflicted. There was no need to admit to what everyone else already knew. He basically dared NASCAR to penalize him.

Sometimes you should just keep your trap shut.

With his most recent comments I kinda wonder about his mental stability. First his depression, which he said on the DJD he wasn't getting treatment for, now bragging about something like this? Dude get your poop in a group!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't blame Larson for being po'd, he was the fastest car on the track at the time and had been running down the field. He got up to 3rd or 4th from around 15th when the intentional caution came out.

I like Bubba. But this penalty is self inflicted. There was no need to admit to what everyone else already knew. He basically dared NASCAR to penalize him.

Sometimes you should just keep your trap shut.
It’s not in his personality to just play dumb. Plus, he’d probably receive the same flack for not admitting and there would be speculation for days.

He played it right, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom