Storage building

As I predicted. Should be here tomorrow. But it already shows the speed is up. I didn't need it. But for 10 bucks, I may decide to backdoor the local Best buy or something.

Attachments

• IMG_20240816_152340795.jpg
    IMG_20240816_152340795.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
Was here when I left for breakfast at 10:30AM. Pretty quick set-up. No issues. Can't say I can tell the difference between 500 Upload & One Gig upload. I really didn't even need the 500. I'd bet seem about the same at 100MB for me. I figured, since UCard is paying the bill, why not get the fastest? Now let's see if it stays working.

Speed test shows it's lower with new modem & router than old less efficient ones. Was getting mid 900 download. Whatever. I'll unplug everything and reboot overnight. Reboot it like they want. Disconnect everything from router, boot modem, let it fully load/possibly update, then reconnect and turn router on.

Attachments

• IMG_20240817_161355745.jpg
    IMG_20240817_161355745.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 804
Prolly mobile phone prostate cancer.

Try running it off the power steering pump.

Phone is running on low oil pressure. Laptop speed isn't great but waàaày better via Wi-Fi. Not sure gonna be able to upload the pictures. Difference between Wi-Fi and wired connection. Phone is absolutely worthless right now. But I suspect it's the phone. Been acting really weird dropping signal.

Attachments

• IMG_20240817_164424933.jpg
    IMG_20240817_164424933.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 839
  • IMG_20240817_164607292.jpg
    IMG_20240817_164607292.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5,447
32 inch TCL Roku TV use as monitor says 90 Mbps connection via Wi-Fi. 90 is as high as I've ever seen the Internet connection period. 55 inch is connected via Ethernet and only 82 Mbps.

Just checked distance of my occasional walking loop. Goes past a school. McDonald's, Exxon, Hardee's, Subway, Food Lion, etc. Right @ 2.5 miles for full loop. Maybe 8 foot elevation change all very gradual. Perfect walking spot for us old folks. Sometimes loop, sometimes do 3/4 and double-back. Walked about 1/3 of of loop then came home and got truck as thought might be about to rain. Drove to Hardee's. biscuit & gravy, right hip started to flare little sitting doom-scrolling Internet. Went out and did 7-8 laps around Hardee's. Maybe 1/4"ish miles each loop. Temp is in mid-70's with little breeze. Perfect fall weather. Just missed outstanding sunrise. NC has fantastic sunrises. Back is getting better. Been doing nothing supposed to do except taking Arthritis med & muscle relaxer couple times day. Muscle relaxer says take every 8 hours but makes me too drowsy. Take when get up and before bed.

I know I keep repeating myself. It's annoying I'm sure. Just who I am.

6379+ steps in already today. Unfortunately the 355.9 calories burned are offset by the biscuits & gravy at halfway point. DAMN YOU HARDEE'S!

Attachments

• I wish I knew how to quit you.jpg
    I wish I knew how to quit you.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 22
Phone says 5786 yesterday. Phone must have done 2000ish while I slept. The loop is 5046. Just did one. Think gonna do another. Felt completely wrung out last 2 days. Couple 12oz DrPepper & some ice cream last evening seem to have cured what ailed me. Only coffee today at Hardee's.

Did nuther loop. Fell off the wagon though, had McDonald's Chicken Biscuit. After 10,556 steps today...in the hole already. Oh well. Have to figure out what shed materials to buy first of month. Think siding/paint/supplies. Paint before putting up. Considering a sprayer? IDK. If I could hold on to the cash, wait till Oct and just do it. DOOOO IT!

Money absolutely burns a hole in my pocket. Been broke for nearly 3 weeks. Miserable. IT'S MY DAMN FAULT!

Let's have a pity party!

5154 = 285.6 calories burned...but Hardee's biscuit & gravy and coffee with one creamer also = ouch.

We in the hole again.

Maybe go again later? Maybe just eat half gallon ice cream.

7605 today=424 calories. Short one around couple fields. Great thing about farmland. Always a place to walk. Warmer today phone says 80 but little breeze. No ice cream yet.

You're lucky to still have farmland around you. Here the developers have been taking over a lot of property. The big thing now is buying trailer/ modular home communities where people occupying the units do not own the land. They own the structure and pay monthly rental/HOA fees. Developers have been buying them up at crazy prices and kicking people off the property. Most all of the structures are not moveable and for those that might be, they have no place to put them to it costs too much to relocate them. Sad commentary as one community nearby found so many residents lost their home and had no place to go they could afford. This drives up the homeless population and I can't imagine how someone in their 70s or 80s, on limited income, manages once they lose their home and have no other place to go.

You're lucky to still have farmland around you. Here the developers have been taking over a lot of property. The big thing now is buying trailer/ modular home communities where people occupying the units do not own the land. They own the structure and pay monthly rental/HOA fees. Developers have been buying them up at crazy prices and kicking people off the property. Most all of the structures are not moveable and for those that might be, they have no place to put them to it costs too much to relocate them. Sad commentary as one community nearby found so many residents lost their home and had no place to go they could afford. This drives up the homeless population and I can't imagine how someone in their 70s or 80s, on limited income, manages once they lose their home and have no other place to go.
Neighboring farm donated their land to Wake Co conservancy or something like that which makes it permanently farm land. Can't be used for residential purposes. Now i don't trust lawyers. Hope that holds up. My park owner is 85. Claims he intends to do same thing but man...the clock be ticking dude. His wife says she doesn't want any development either.

We shall see. The homeless situation is largely caused by corporate greed. Huge companies own large empty buildings which could easily be turned into housing. But that would have an effect on their tax break. Can't be cutting into THEIR wallets now can we. They just scream about how poor people are poor because they lack money management skills. While true on some level...GET RID OF PUBLIC SCHOOLS! WE DON'T NEED TO PAY/SUPPORT TEACHERS! THROW THE BUMS OUT!

Now even California is flushing the homeless. Where are these people supposed to go? It's sad that billionaires can take trips to space but they can't see a better use of that money. Yep...I'm a Libtard.

9332 for the day. Just went for short walk but kept hearing noises I couldn't identify. Since have coyotes around I kinda freaked out and turned around, hightailed it back home. Close enough to 10K. My app wants 6K so ahead of the game. Walking doesn't seem to have any effect on me. Don't get tired or anything.

Zero. Coffee with one creamer. Not gonna lose any weight until i start doing something with more cardio load. Considered going to RexWelness which has pool/sauna/weights etc. We shall see if can talk myself into that.
I used RexWellness and the pool. It is definitely a nice facility and worth trying. They have a nice indoor track for walking, OR, go to Crabtree Valle Mall and walk. I used to go there early mornings around eight or so. The mall opens early for walkers and Panera, McDonald's and a few of the other coffee shops are open but other stores don't open until ten. Easy walking without shoppers but even if they open for shoppers there are few to get in your way. From Wendell both should be easy drive.

54 steps so far today. Just wasn't feeling it so slept really late. Stumbled onto this minute ago. Whole lot of men will bristle at this concept. But it's accurate. Delivery room nurse. Smart cookie. Very funny.

5505--walked to/around Hardee's, didn't go in, shopped at Food Lion and carried 150lbs of groceries home clinched between my buttocks!

It's 94 with haze and not much windage.

5500 isn't 10,000. The minimum a guy your age should strive to attain each day! No points given for walking around Hardee's and not going in. That is called will power (not the race car driver) and expected from a man of your conviction.
Temp at 94 means you sweat a lot and with a stop at Food Lion, hopefully you did not load up on Twinkies, Mountain Dew or some other calorie laced soft drink designed by the ADA (American Dental Association) to rot your teeth by the age of 70. Good for dental profession but sucks for patient dropping big bucks for Mountain Dew, dental work and eventual false teeth.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not criticizing. I'm just trying to give friendly tips on healthy eating. And no, a piece of lettuce on a sausage biscuit covered in sausage gravy does not count as a salad. Even I know that!
Just trying to help is all. :rolleyes:

You’ll have more time for the 31/2 year old shed project.

And the 3 year old transmission overhaul project.

5500 isn't 10,000. The minimum a guy your age should strive to attain each day! No points given for walking around Hardee's and not going in. That is called will power (not the race car driver) and expected from a man of your conviction.
Temp at 94 means you sweat a lot and with a stop at Food Lion, hopefully you did not load up on Twinkies, Mountain Dew or some other calorie laced soft drink designed by the ADA (American Dental Association) to rot your teeth by the age of 70. Good for dental profession but sucks for patient dropping big bucks for Mountain Dew, dental work and eventual false teeth.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not criticizing. I'm just trying to give friendly tips on healthy eating. And no, a piece of lettuce on a sausage biscuit covered in sausage gravy does not count as a salad. Even I know that!
Just trying to help is all. :rolleyes:
True Story: I remember a group of ladies at a local church that formed a weight loss club etc. Several of them met their goals and became more fit and trim.

They called it a success at the end of the summer and celebrated or closed it out by having a group dinner at the Golden Coral Buffett.

I'll get into the gym at some point over this winter. Unlikely to lose more than 20 lbs if was running a marathon a month. Diet is horrible and will not change. So...I be a little flabbier that optimal. Nobody cares.

Back
Top Bottom