Storage building

Local builder supply never responded. The other local wasn't cheaper than Lowes. So Lowes it is. Need half-dozen sheets of OSB and six 2x6x12. One 8 foot 2x10 to mount vise. Want it so can take it and clamp it across bed of truck or my trailer when needed. Really don't know how people work without a vise. Need a set of sawhorses.

I built a set of these several years ago. Work great. They got "stolen" at place I worked at...well...body shop guy was using them and got all pissy when i wanted them back. He was quite the pain in the butt. I left them. Unfortunately, with price of lumber, can buy a cheap set of plastic junk and probably come out ahead.

This video is perfect demonstration or why a vise is MANDITORY!

For everyone wondering why I'm dragging my feet...weather. Yard is about a 6' sponge and it's been raining just enough to screw me up. The delay HAS helped me engineer the truss the way I want. I think? Once yard gets 3 straight days of sun I'll bust out some effort.

Went to Lowes to get lumber. Not a blue cart in the place that wasn't running over. None in parking lot. Got a 2x8 for vise (It'll fit if i turn it just right) and spring loaded Dewalt driver bit tool. I'll try again another day.

Went to Lowes to get lumber. Not a blue cart in the place that wasn't running over. None in parking lot. Got a 2x8 for vise (It'll fit if i turn it just right) and spring loaded Dewalt driver bit tool. I'll try again another day.
To better explain, didn't think I could carry half-dozen sheets of OSB and 2x6 in my piddly old hands. We in the rainy season here so really doesn't matter. May will be better...

Was hoping to bust a move today. But alas...BRISTOL BABY!!!

Did occur to me need to go under porch and see where the wiring to the motion detector light runs from. Need to reattach the outlet on porch.

Had a short in the wiring...it was waàaay short of reaching anything! Had conduit but no wire. Had a piece of 12/2 from another project that was perfect. Need to get a box to put under trailer to put connection in. Didn't see where the porch light is run to yet. Probably go under other side to see where it goes. Need to jack up that side of trailer anyway. Replaced recepticle and straightened out recepticle cover. Had taken a beating. Metal box. How the hell do you spell recepticle? My phone doesn't like it.

Attachments

• IMG_20210329_145726530.jpg
    IMG_20210329_145726530.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20210329_161352770_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210329_161352770_HDR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 135
Found the breaker that runs the light feeds two outlets in kitchen. Don't want to use that circuit since it powers the fridge. So I surrender on that for now. Tomorrow run entrance cable to the 200A service on pole and install the breaker box in shed. The OSB I bought is 1/2" so will save for nearly flat porch roof. Found a guy in Durham with 7/16 OSB for barn style shed roof and a place in Raleigh with cheap shingles. Both roofs will total about 200 sq/ft so I'll get 3 squares to make sure I have enough. Appears have enough plywood on old building to do the loft. I've spent waaaaay too much buying tools so need to skimp where I can. Didn't buy any tools I didn't need. Did get estimate from place across the road. Crazy that most of the stuff is cheaper at Lowes.

The hard thing for me is I need to sell some of my mechanic tools. No point it letting them set and rust. Don't plan on doing hardly any mechanic work. Have a brand new Smoke Machine that is self-contained. Most need shop air. This one has compressor built in. Connect to battery and flip switch. Great for mobile work. Bought it last March and quit working before It arrived.

Had an episode of back spasms. Did get out this morning and jack up/level trailer and front porch. Need to get OAK shims and wedges to do it right. Gonna give it a week or so to flex back into shape. Kitchen corner was down at least 2"! This trailer has been here since 1971!!! Really need to dig a ditch around front of trailer and fill with gravel/perforated pipe. Create a French drain. If the landlord comes thru and wills the place to me I'll eventually put a truss roof on it and maybe even just double the width. After I hit the lottery.

Attachments

• Trailer 1st pier.jpg
    Trailer 1st pier.jpg
    924.8 KB · Views: 128
  • Trailer 2nd pier.jpg
    Trailer 2nd pier.jpg
    746.3 KB · Views: 125
Forgot I rescreened front door. Now that I leveled trailer the door is rubbing on latch side. Appears screen door frame was squished together at install. I'll give it a few days and temp cycles before a mess with it much. OK...I see what it's catching on. Button head screw where it should have flathead.

Plenty of stuff to do. Just need inspiration.

Attachments

• IMG_20210407_143143939.jpg
    IMG_20210407_143143939.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20210407_143151376.jpg
    IMG_20210407_143151376.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20210407_143139792.jpg
    IMG_20210407_143139792.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 133
Forgot about my life threatening injury. Was adding the rack the lumber is stacked on to the shelf. The rack that will eventually fall off and break my feet. Anywho...slipped with driver with high dollar no-slip bit in it and punched a hole thru my hand. After consulting Caitlyn Jenner's surgeon he said to toughen up you whiney beotch and walk it off. Bruce cut off his junk and didn't complain. So I just took a couple days off, slammed a couple screwdrivers and went back to bed.

Attachments

• IMG_20210407_160604085.jpg
    IMG_20210407_160604085.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Haven't connected entrance cable to service yet. Back started spams again. But feet were hurting just about as bad. Old age is a witch. Whaaaaa!

Probably will only run three circuits total. One for outside outlet on shed and front porch.

Got most of the electrical done. Ready to drive ground rod & connect. Realized the receptacles I have are 15AMP. Ordered some 20A. I might put the 15's in for now & connect entrance cable to main service for a dry run.

Forgot about running another circuit for outside outlet and run to porch. Tomorrows another day. Need a 20Amp breaker for that.

Amazon says delivery Saturday. Found 2 more sheets of OSB listed for 30 a sheet. Also found 2 rolls of peel & stick roof underlayment for $90. Talked to several people that have used it as roofing. Might be enough to do both porch roof and shed. Won't last long term but will work for now. Landlord has cancer and says she's gonna give me the place. Don't trust some of the family to follow thru with that though. Old trailer isn't worth more than a grand. It's in a trailer park. If she wills it to me will cut my housing cost in half. I'm gonna try to nudge her in direction of making things official soon as we can. Again...don't trust some of the family. I'll keep paying rent to her daughter which has had a liver transplant and is on borrowed time. Whole thing is ghoulish.

Drove 94 mile round trip FOR NOTHING! Road rage got the better of me. Drove to Durham for 2 sheets of OSB. Gave me address to next door to where I needed to be...after circling new Motel sized 2 story building and trying doors for 20 minutes, gave up. Communicating VIA email SUCKS! I was half way home when he told me to come next door. Nope. Going to use 32 dollar a sheet T1-11 for roof sheathing. Since using stick on roofing no nails will be showing. Have no idea what I'm doing but Imma gonna do it anyway! I HATE driving in NC. Tailgating mutherhawkers **** me off!

Yeah. That's not right. Was watching another video on YouTube, cause you never know when you'll find some new info, and realized the mains are wired wrong. Need to swap places with white striped and red striped at right side. White is neutral. That is the skinny horizontal bar above where the breakers go. Solid black and black with red tracer are main power. They go to the wide silver tabs for the breakers. Got the outlets today but somehow "injured" my left shoulder SLEEPING! Almost couldn't get a shirt on today. Whaaaa! It seems to be OK now.

Just realized can cut red waaaaay shorter and run it UP thru from bottom. Just move white over/up/left.

Attachments

• 100 Amp Shed Breaker Box Lights wired.jpg
    100 Amp Shed Breaker Box Lights wired.jpg
    730.7 KB · Views: 140
That didn't take long. But appears I made it rain in Martinsville...

One good thing...took a hand full of screwdrivers out to building yesterday and one is bigger so fits better for the lugs. Can put the hurt on them!

Attachments

• 100 Amp Service wired correctly.jpg
    100 Amp Service wired correctly.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 143
Removed/replaced 30Amp double pole that fed washer/dryer. Am going to run that circuit off panel in shed. Replaced 30A with 100A double to power shed. Lights are temp till I get the roof done. The lights came in a pack of 4 and daisy chain together. Has switch in cord. Didn't get ground rod driven in very far. Will have to have someone hold it. Maybe 18" in ground? Roof definitely is a little swaybacked.

Attachments

• Service entarnce.jpg
    Service entarnce.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 141
  • Service entrance finished 1.jpg
    Service entrance finished 1.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 132
  • Lights.jpg
    Lights.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 134
  • Roof sagging front.jpg
    Roof sagging front.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 145
Only about shovel deep. Wrapped with red caution tape and strung another strip on top. Left tape sticking out at both ends. Now need to see if can accumulate enough roof sheeting to do shed and porch. If I HAVE to choose I'll fix the porch right and flex-seal the shed.

Attachments

• Burying cable.jpg
    Burying cable.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 130
  • All done.jpg
    All done.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 129
Thinking about how to make a cheap laser guide for miter saw. Thought it had one but nope. And I'm so tired from an hours work it's worrying. Went to bed at 8 and fitfully slept a couple hours. Old age is NOT the time to sit at home in a recliner for a whole year.

Bought 4 sheets for porch roof. Rafters are 16" on center so should have enough support. Might add blocking at seams for additional support. Since tongue and groove probably don't need it.

Attachments

• IMG_20210415_094324651.jpg
    IMG_20210415_094324651.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 133
Old flashlight I might try to make a shadow line light out of. Found a guy that did it with same style light but had more LED in it. I have a ton of rechargeable batteries for it. Can also wire in an old phone charger transformer.

Attachments

• IMG_20210415_150500984.jpg
    IMG_20210415_150500984.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20210415_150509061.jpg
    IMG_20210415_150509061.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20210415_150544657.jpg
    IMG_20210415_150544657.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 126

This is actually the upgrade kit for DeWalt saws. There are three parts needed for the DeWalt though. Appears most of the manufacturers are eliminating the laser and going with the work light style. The lasers don't seem to last and can't be seen in sunlight unless it has Green color. There is a disc/washer retrofit that replaces the washer on the blade that is by far the easiest upgrade. But the reviews are all over the place.

Been sick as a dog. Think it's bronchitis. Used to get this crap every year in WV. Covid negative. 2nd Moderna Vax is this Thursday. Sold new smoke machine. That's another $275 I can use. Think I have basically everything I need now except the ability to be on a roof without taking a coughing fit and falling off on my head.

Two days in a row of feeling fine. No coughing or congestion. No drugs except occasional cough drop. The menthol helps clear my head. Been staying inside waiting for a good rain. Still think it was/is pollen allergy.

Had 2nd Moderna vaccine Thursday morning. Didn't/couldn't sleep for better than 24 hours. Just never got sleepy. Low grade fever all day Friday and didn't feel great. No sick just not great. Finally slept Friday night. I do have something going on with lungs/bronchial tubes. A deep breath induces wheezing coughing fit.

This is like shoving wet spaghetti up a wildcats arse. Wanted to put two cables they it but that ain't happening. Bought 1 inch PVC for 10/2--220 cable. Whole bunch easier to work with. Sun popped out so taking break till this evening. Have to dig trench. My back hates shovel work.

Attachments

• IMG_20210519_111856458.jpg
    IMG_20210519_111856458.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 118
Back
Top Bottom